The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 01:58 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
...Not only this sport but any if you look at it, be it boat people , hot rodders , shooters, whatever just human nature when the better financed come to play the soul of whatever it is changes forever.
Amen and amen again. They ruin damn near everything. Got a friend with a daughter in cheerleading....christ almighty have you seen what these people spend?

Old 01-31-2015, 03:43 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
Amen and amen again. They ruin damn near everything. Got a friend with a daughter in cheerleading....christ almighty have you seen what these people spend?
It's also the people who have larger amounts of disposal income that keep sports, hobbies and businesses alive. They also help technological advances. It's up to the individual to do with their hobbies as they can. You can either enjoy them for yourself or let others dictate how you feel about it. It's your life. Get your own pleasure from it and take advantage of the hobby for yourself.

Old 01-31-2015, 04:54 PM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by baka1969
It's also the people who have larger amounts of disposal income that keep sports, hobbies and businesses alive. They also help technological advances. It's up to the individual to do with their hobbies as they can. You can either enjoy them for yourself or let others dictate how you feel about it. It's your life. Get your own pleasure from it and take advantage of the hobby for yourself.
Agreed. It takes all kinds to make a world and we ALL showed up.

Old 01-31-2015, 05:38 PM
Michael Psycle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,072 Likes on 1,500 Posts

I don't care how many miles a rider puts on his or her bike each year. I don't care how fat or thin the wallet is. What I care about is this. Are they a good citizen? Are they obeying traffic and other laws? Are they interesting people with whom to talk when I get into a conversation with them?

If someone is buying and riding an expensive bike to boost a fragile ego, I don't care. If that is the way they want to spend their money, it doesn't affect me at all.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:12 PM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
Hard to look down with your nose pointing skyward. Not aimed at you, by the way.
No offense taken bro. . I'm not in a league of "notables" either way. I'm part of that very large group of old boys who've spent some of their savings in order to have a good time doing something fun before they get too old to do it. Not that I'm all emotionally tender about it or anything but one does feel somewhat unfairly categorized at times when reading certain threads. Anyhow, its all good, we're just havin a Lil discussion is all .

Old 01-31-2015, 07:25 PM
Wheels24
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Were a lot of the resentment comes from because of the success of the brand name being funded by the big money crew the average & poor guys have been about priced out of market. Progress ? Maybe who knows.....

Not only this sport but any if you look at it, be it boat people , hot rodders , shooters, whatever just human nature when the better financed come to play the soul of whatever it is changes forever.

Well said. I take my weekend-driver '70 Chevelle to local events in the spring/summer/fall. Most of the events are attended by guys who actually built at least some of the car, and they drove it there. Recently, the high dollar trailer queens started showing up. Not a bad thing per se, but they certainly changed the 'soul' of the events. Part of the fallout - as you alluded to - was that the guy who built his '69 350 Camaro from the ground up, and me and my 'driver' Chevelle, and guys like us got pushed into a corner of the parking lot to make room for the professionally restored, high dollar, cars that were trailered in.

Nota a huge deal though...it's their money and they want to play on their terms...it changed the flavor of the events, but not who I spend my time talking with. And I at least appreciate the fact that they keep their cars out in the daylight and not squirreled away somewhere.

Wallet bikers? Good for them. Somebody will buy their good used bike when they move on to something else.

Old 02-02-2015, 04:38 AM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 2,869 Likes on 977 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
Then Came Bronson : ? You choose an avatar that represents a motorcyclist that just wandered around with no destination in mind. But you don't understand just riding around.
Don't go getting all defensive on me. I don't understand just riding around? All I did was ask you where you rode, and whether you rode in loops, or to a specific destination...that's it.

By the way, sorry to hear about your accident. Be thankful that you were able to walk away from it.