The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wearing a full face helmet on a Harley ...Yea or Nay ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 01:56 PM
reddog8145
Road Captain
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Very High Plain Drifter
I ride in Britain and only ever wear a Full Face. The wind and the rain are no longer a problem, and should I fall off I should still have a full face afterward.
I ride in Britain too but only with an open face. I have two. One has a full visor the other a half visor for summer. I get a bit clasthrphopic in a FF helmet

Old 10-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,012 Likes on 4,202 Posts

Why not?

Attached Thumbnails Wearing a full face helmet on a Harley ...Yea or Nay ?-safety-number-1.jpg  
Old 10-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Cigarmessenger
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When your face is as purty as me its gotta protected. Its alls I got! Hehehehe

Old 10-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Captain Bligh
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I just bought my first full face and wore it on a 2-day trip over some twisties. I got interested after spending an afternoon watching internet videos of motorcycle crashes. It was an interesting lesson on (1) how badly things can go wrong for some people and (2) how frequently accidents resulted in a face plant.

I also thought it might be the ticket for colder days and rain. I don't mind riding in the rain, but I HATE getting my face wet. As for the cold, I found the fogging rather annoying. It could be managed by cracking the shield but that sort of defeats the point of keeping your face warm. I actually liked the helmet more when it warmed up and I could keep the shield down. I'm still learning about it.

Still on a hot day I think I'll be in my 3/4 for most rides.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:31 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Full face every day. When it's 90+ in the summer, if it feels to hot with the can on my head, I either bear it or I don't ride. The helmet is a modular full coverage with 6 vents.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Saphira
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Colorado is a helmet state so I wear a FF and 1/2 helmet depending on where I am going. Even if Colorado was not a helmet state, I have something to protect so I would never consider not wearing one or the rest of the gear for that matter.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 262 Likes on 137 Posts

I bought a FF last year. I did this to try wearing one. I figured if I didn't really like it I could just use if for cold/wet weather rides. I admit that I thought that I"d hate it. I thought it would be too confining for me. Well, now I wear it almost all the time. Only on the hottest of days do I switch to the 1/2 helmet.
The FF is much easier on the ears if you're going to be riding at 60+ for hours on end. My only regret is that I didn't buy a modular. The next one will be though.

Attached Images  
Old 10-10-2011, 07:51 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Saphira
Colorado is a helmet state so I wear a FF and 1/2 helmet depending on where I am going. Even if Colorado was not a helmet state, I have something to protect so I would never consider not wearing one or the rest of the gear for that matter.
Colorado requires a helmet for 18 years age and under only.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:56 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Saphira
How is it you don't even know what the helmet law is in your own state? lol

Old 10-10-2011, 08:03 AM
xk207
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FF every ride...the entire ride. Wife says she's not kissing any guy with no jaw.

Quick Reply: Wearing a full face helmet on a Harley ...Yea or Nay ?