The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most Interesting Road Kill You've Seen

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 11:01 PM
CoyoteQuick
Supporter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

....but with deer, Bambi would be proud....lol

Old 10-10-2011, 06:53 AM
Ride my Seesaw
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,627 Likes on 757 Posts

Saw a dead camel at the side of the road in Egypt. Their version of the highway dept couldn't move such a large beast so they just poured gasoline on it, lit it up and drove away. You could see the billowing smoke for miles.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:32 PM
MareRider
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Trains also?

Got this a few years back. Train hit a deer & threw it on top of a power pole....

BGE received a call from a customer saying: "My power is out.
When you come to fix it be sure to bring a truck with a tall enough bucket to remove the deer".

The customer service rep prudently trying to gather helpful information to help diagnose the problem asked, "What deer"?

The customer replied " There is a deer on top of one of the electric poles on Wilkes Rd about 1/2 mile west of perimeter Rd".

The customer service rep tried desperately to pull herself together and not laugh in front of the customer and replied" We will dispatch someone right away to investigate the power outage. Thank you for the call".

Upon completion of the call, the customer service rep proceeded to share the funny story with her coworkers in the office and they all had a good laugh.

Well, low and behold, the serviceman who repaired the problem stopped by the customer service office the following day with these pictures.

Attached Thumbnails Most Interesting Road Kill You've Seen-deerimage001.jpg   Most Interesting Road Kill You've Seen-deerimage002.jpg   Most Interesting Road Kill You've Seen-deerimage003.jpg  
Old 10-17-2011, 09:31 AM
TheRooster
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MareRider
Got this a few years back. Train hit a deer & threw it on top of a power pole....

BGE received a call from a customer saying: "My power is out.
When you come to fix it be sure to bring a truck with a tall enough bucket to remove the deer".

The customer service rep prudently trying to gather helpful information to help diagnose the problem asked, "What deer"?

The customer replied " There is a deer on top of one of the electric poles on Wilkes Rd about 1/2 mile west of perimeter Rd".

The customer service rep tried desperately to pull herself together and not laugh in front of the customer and replied" We will dispatch someone right away to investigate the power outage. Thank you for the call".

Upon completion of the call, the customer service rep proceeded to share the funny story with her coworkers in the office and they all had a good laugh.

Well, low and behold, the serviceman who repaired the problem stopped by the customer service office the following day with these pictures.
If that's the BGE here in Maryland, I'm not surprised the deer was on top of the pole.

Though I am surprised the deer is still intact. Most of the trains around here run between 80 - 120 MPH. Haven't seen too many of the critters that have been tagged even be recognizable afterwards.

And the worst road kill I've seen was the deer that got hit about 5 minutes before me, had blood all over the highway and was laying in my lane. 2 weeks after getting my motorcycle (and license) and I had to surmount an effing deer in the dark. *gag*

Old 10-18-2011, 01:47 PM
VTK
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Recent trip from Cali to Oklahoma - Start reading the beware of elk signs along I-44. A couple miles pass by and on the shoulder is/was a huge elk, all 4 legs sticking straight up. I've seen a lot of dead animals but never saw anything like an elk. Needless to say the rest of the way through elk territory I kept my head on a swivel.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:55 PM
Harlie Rider
Road Master
Received 93 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

The wife and I were riding around Columbia, SC this past July when
I saw an Armadillo laying beside the road. I asked my wife after we
went by it if she saw that animal on the side of the road. She said, "what
animal?" I knew she didn't see it because she is always looking the wrong
way. So I turned around and went back to let her see it.
I asked my brother who was stationed at Fort Jackson for 10 years if
he had ever saw one? He just gave me that one-eyed look like I was
crazy.
The Armadillo wasn't cut up or mashed, just had blood coming out of
his mouth. He sure was an impressive-looking little tank........

Attached Thumbnails Most Interesting Road Kill You've Seen-100_0743.jpg  
Old 10-19-2011, 10:42 PM
FlamedFXR
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,635 Likes on 686 Posts

Dead coyote while deer hunting the Bodie area here in CA. It would freeze at night so we had to pose him on all fours when we put him to bed that night. Next day we went in to the town of Bridgeport and just let him stand up in the back of the truck. I cant describe the reaction by people walking by....