The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why did you tell me to do a search?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 11:51 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Most don't do a search.

Hell, MANY on here respond to a post without reading what has already been posted. You can tell becasue you will come across a post with info that has already been given or an answer to a question that has already been answered.

Fact is....99% of the people in the world are just fk'n lazy by nature. They want a quick answer, and want to let someone else do the legwork.

~Joe

Old 09-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Chunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It took me a long time to get the information I have. I took many snobbings, plenty of boots to the ***, & some punches too, I've spent $ in areas that didn't work out. Used to be ya didn't have so much info @ a fingertip. Sometimes...well I digress. One time I nearly had to pull someone's teeth to get them to buy a friend & I a beer for fixing their car in the middle of nowhere w/ no other mechanic around. I get tired of people looking for, free, fix my bike--you *******--information. Ya know?.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Jack Straw
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm a message board junky, and I can honestly tell you that the search function on this board has a lot to be desired. I've found it less than adequate most times I try it.

Example, I've tried to find specific threads on a specific subjects, threads where I remember exactly what was talked about and even who posted what, and when I enter that info in the search window, I get all kinds crap, generally nothing relevant.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:03 PM
Buckinfitch
Supporter
Received 4,082 Likes on 1,514 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
Most don't do a search.

Fact is....99% of the people in the world are just fk'n lazy by nature. They want a quick answer, and want to let someone else do the legwork.

~Joe
It's a liberal thing ...

Old 09-19-2011, 01:11 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,187 Likes on 6,716 Posts

Originally Posted by Lardog666
... there are douches in every crowd.
Did a search on them. As it turns out, they're actually quite useful.

Especially the flavored ones.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:12 PM
DGDeuce
Club Member
Received 5,856 Likes on 2,351 Posts

Originally Posted by fleabite
I'm a message board junky, and I can honestly tell you that the search function on this board has a lot to be desired. I've found it less than adequate most times I try it.

Example, I've tried to find specific threads on a specific subjects, threads where I remember exactly what was talked about and even who posted what, and when I enter that info in the search window, I get all kinds crap, generally nothing relevant.
I thought it was just me. I've had the same experience more than once.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:14 PM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,944 Likes on 832 Posts

I did a search on "use the search function" and came up with 248 replies...

Old 09-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Martimus
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing I found that sometimes makes searching easier is to use Google to search the forum.

If you enter site:"hdforums.com" (without the "'s) before the search string Google will do the searching of the site.

As an example I just went to Google and entered the following:

site:hdforums.com use the search function

I got back 3940 hits...

Old 09-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,548 Likes on 6,277 Posts

Originally Posted by fleabite

I used to tell people to do a search, but for some reason it makes them cry. So now I'll usually try to find the 25 page thread that has all the answers they need on it, for them, and a lot of times I can't find it. I think the moderators should take some of the better threads on things newbies want to know and make them stickies. Like these:

What tools should I carry?
What rain gear should I get?
How do I ride in the rain?
Should I get the bike I want or a starter bike?
How do you get through a turn properly?
Oil,primary,transmission fluids.
etc...

To you guys who get mad when we tell you to do a search, do you ever try doing that? When I started and someone told me to search, I thought "Thanks, for the heads up"

Old 09-19-2011, 01:54 PM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have time to tell someone to do a search then you have time to help answer their question. We're all just hanging out here with nothing better to do anyway, so what's the big deal? If you are sick and tired of a certain topic then don't respond, nobody's twisting your arm to be part of the conversation.

Quick Reply: Why did you tell me to do a search?