The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding bare foot!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 09:54 AM
Panthers65
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by babalu
You're quite the gentleman...

It is weird you could see another human writhe in pain (especially a woman) and find it hysterical.
Her toe was bleeding, I doubt she's going to die from it. I bet she'd be in stitches if you took a shot to the nuts doing something dumb...

I'm not saying I'd laugh at her, but I definitely wouldn't feel sorry for her.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:19 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You've never been in divorce court before. They aren't the weaker sex. They make out in court quite well unless they have already spent it. They out live you. They inherit all your wealth if they stay married to you. They have faster reaction speed. We kill each other regularly to get a little of what they have. I have acted stupid or gone stupid more than once to get next to them. Her hurt toe ain't gonna kill her.
You're quite the gentleman...

It is weird you could see another human writhe in pain (especially a woman) and find it hysterical.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:51 AM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by oldairboater
You've never been in divorce court before. They aren't the weaker sex. They make out in court quite well unless they have already spent it. They out live you. They inherit all your wealth if they stay married to you. They have faster reaction speed. We kill each other regularly to get a little of what they have. I have acted stupid or gone stupid more than once to get next to them. Her hurt toe ain't gonna kill her.
What does a woman riding a Vespa and gashing her foot and someone laughing at her have to do with divorce court and them inheriting all my wealth?

It's just plain old mean, but whatever I've learned to take this site with a grain of salt, it probably never even happened.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:03 PM
beringer
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Babalu, it happened, and it still makes me laugh even though it was a couple of years ago..You had to be there to understand how stupid riding in London traffic in shorts and flip flops is..I know 3 different riders who have T Boned Black London Taxis, when the driver has done a U Turn in front of them because the traffic ahead was too busy..Anyway i have had a few crashes in my 30 years riding, but luckily always walked away because i have been wearing a good Leather jacket, boots and a Quality Helmet. living and riding as close to london as i do, experience counts for nothing

Old 09-20-2011, 12:07 PM
HDJay
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i live in a podunk town in SC and i havent seen that !

Old 09-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I've learned to take this site with a grain of salt, it probably never even happened.
The story was b.s. Just somebody imagining what might happen and then fabricating a cautionary tale about it, including a postscript about his badass response to the other person's misfortune.

Frankly, any one of us who had witnessed anything like this would have stopped to see if the other rider needed assistance. Especially if the other rider was a young girl on a scooter. At least, that's the way we do it around here. Most guys on the forum claim they always stop for other riders, no matter what the type or brand of scoot.

Last edited by Mike; 09-20-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:35 PM
beringer
Cruiser

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
The story was b.s. Just somebody imagining what might happen and then fabricating a cautionary tale about it, including a postscript about his badass response to the other person's misfortune.

Frankly, any one of us who had witnessed anything like this would have stopped to see if the other rider needed assistance. Especially if the other rider was a young girl on a scooter. At least, that's the way we do it around here. Most guys on the forum claim they always stop for other riders, no matter what the type or brand of scoot.
Sounds like you are the one full of ****

Old 09-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by beringer
I know 3 different riders who have T Boned Black London Taxis, when the driver has done a U Turn in front of them because the traffic ahead was too busy..Anyway i have had a few crashes in my 30 years riding but luckily always walked away because i have been wearing a good Leather jacket, boots and a Quality Helmet.

I suppose your response was to laugh so hard you nearly ****.

Don't any of the guys you ride with have brakes? I ride in very heavy traffic,among the worst in the U.S. and I'm trying to imagine a scenario where the car in front of me makes a u turn, and I'm going too fast to stop. Impossible, no. Unlikely? To say the least. And, yet, you know 3 riders who have been involved in such an accident.

And you've had "a few crashes" where only your protective gear has saved you? Over 30 years, how many is a few? 3 or 4? You and your buddies must be the worst riders on the planet. Either that, or you're just full of ****. I had been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt on the first story, but this last story pretty much seals the deal for you, as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by Mike; 09-20-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:24 PM
beringer
Cruiser

Hey, im not here to argue, i saw something i thought was funny, and if you think that makes me have a sick sense of humour well so be it..As for the 3 people hitting Taxi,s well that comes from riding in a country where filtering through traffic is something ALL riders do..I think you call it 'Lane Splitting' and i know it is wholly frowned upon in the US, but here in the UK its all about being at the front of the queue at Stop lights if you ride..In London the slow pace of congested traffic is 5-6mph so a biker filtering at 20mph has to have his wits about him, and right or wrong thats the way the older kids rode when i was a teenager and i just wanted to keep up, now years later its just seen as 'Bad habits' but you are allowed to do it when taking your Bike Test so i guess nothing will change. As i say im not here for an arguement, so please dont try and get one up on me by telling me im talking bullshit...Thankyou

Old 09-21-2011, 10:00 AM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 1,043 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by beringer
I was sitting at a Stop light when a chick pulled up next to me, she was riding her Vespa scooter in flip flops, she put her foot down with the bike still moving, the flip flop rolled under and her toes hit the tarmac very hard..Within one second she was screaming in agony, and trying to keep her scoot as she started crying....I laughed so hard i nearly ****......
I'd have laughed my azz off too! Stupid *should* hurt, since it seems it's the only way so many idiots will learn a lesson.

Quick Reply: Riding bare foot!