The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Group rides and Loud Pipes...Kinda' long post.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 06:21 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,005 Likes on 17,908 Posts

Originally Posted by scootin'
lets not assume that everyone that has loud pipes is looking to get noticed. I love my loud pipes, but could give a crap less if anyone is impressed by them. I tend to be very respectful with them. They can be very tolerable under the right circumstances I ride with the Patriot guard at funerals, and have learned to minimize the noise.. I will rap on em goin across bridges and all, not around other people though. And for those of you that think loud pipes are compensation for a short pipe you are wrong........I've had a short pipe as long as i"ve had loud pipes and I check all the time, its still just as short as it's always been. LOL
Gotta love an honest man , next beer is on me

By the time she finds out your lying it's a done deal anyway

Old 09-26-2011, 09:47 PM
SuperJoe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like to do whatever the fugg I want to whenever I want to. You don't like riding with me, get the fugg away from me. You sound like a gaddam whiner.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:57 PM
scootin'
Tourer

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Gotta love an honest man , next beer is on me

By the time she finds out your lying it's a done deal anyway
If I'm ever out that way I'll sho take ya up on that!!!!!

Old 09-27-2011, 07:58 AM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last night I had to listen to bike after bike go by the highway, which is far enough from the house that we don't hear any traffic, EXCEPT for bikes with loud exhaust.

But the vast majority of them were sport bikes. I would rather hear a cruiser with loud pipes riding by at 60 than a sportbike with loud pipes riding by at 100.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:42 AM
SoonerSoftail
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is one of the reasons I don't do poker runs much anymore. Been too many places where too many riders have too much noise entering and leaving parking lots of local establishments that allowed the runs to stop there. Many of these establishments no longer let runs stop there. At least one I know of removed thier motorcycle parking area completely. I have loud pipes but I also have respect for other patrons of any business I go to.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:30 PM
Crownman250
Advanced

Ever had a car pull out in front of you because they "didn't see you"? Well I have. Took me a month to recover and to this day I'll still flinch when a car comes up on a side street. I swore when after it happened that from then on if they don't see me they sure the hell were gonna hear me.
Am I disrespectful with them HELL NO, like someone said earlier any pipe can be quiet if you learn how to drive it.
To answer your question, you obviously feel you did the wrong thing if you're on here asking the question so next time worry about what you're doing and have a good time AND stop worrying about other people you can't control.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:01 AM
TexasTornado
Intermediate

Solo for sure!

Old 09-28-2011, 11:14 PM
streetglidin
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My bike is fairly loud.Im also a camper. A few years ago I was camping with the family at a poker run start-finish,had my bike there but i didnt do the run.Later that night about 100am 6 hrs after the bikes got back,a couple of guys decided to start up their bikes and rev them at high rpms. I came out of our camper sat in the lawn chair by the campfire(still glowing) and had another beer.After about 10 minutes of the loud reving it stopped ,i had the fire burning high by then and the 2 loud asses came over,drunk as hell and maybe i was too. They asked why i didnt go on the ride. MY reply was I was camping with the family.Turns out they were camping with their family too, but their family left about 3 hrs ago because they were being loud and obnoxoius Thats family fun?

Old 09-29-2011, 08:18 AM
toby61
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Solo for sure!

Old 10-01-2011, 01:27 PM
chromedome09
Road Master

sounds like a honda goldwing is in your future.

Quick Reply: Group rides and Loud Pipes...Kinda' long post.