The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers will hate this fashion first... another 1% hoo-haw...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011 | 07:40 PM
bjewell
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Default Posers will hate this fashion first... another 1% hoo-haw...

(I never post about this stuff but I'm gonna make a one-time exception here)

Coming back from my monthly Costco run on business 80 this afternoon, I hear a Harley coming up behind my old pickup. Look in the mirror and it's a red-fairinged Dyna moving fast in the number-one lane. Hmmm... sez I, who would that be?

Didn't take long to find out as the rider swings into the lane next to me and passes at a good clip. It's one of the 81 crew with a California bottom rocker, and looking good as he rides by. In denim shorts, a white helmet, white tee-shirt, knee-high white athletic socks and running shoes. This is the absolute truth and I say it with all respect.

Now this is great, at least to me. The few dudes down at Sac Harley this morning trying to look tough to impress the rest of us, you think they would ever show up dressed like that? Noooo, they would do as much black and leather and have doo-dads on their chaps, the works, maybe conchos on their cellphone holders.

Then here comes a guy riding hard on a good looking Dyna dressed as he wanted and I doubt if the local fishbait on their cookie-cutter Streetglides will have any comment other than, I'm getting a white helmet and some dungaree shorts first thing pay day.

Ya gotta love cool when you see it and when that gentleman flashed by me on the freeway that was very, very cool....

Last edited by bjewell; 09-04-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-04-2011 | 07:44 PM
krwould
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force

He musta been readin the dress code on the forum.... anarchist I tell ya...

Old 09-04-2011 | 07:45 PM
marcortez
Tourer

If I buy and wear a HD denim vest with logo, would that be "poserish"?

Old 09-04-2011 | 08:39 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior

So why were you in your pick-up? At least the posers down the HD dealer were riding their cookie cutter bikes.

Just messing with you........

I'd say that 81 member wears what he wants to wear, and probably doesn't give a crap what anyone thinks about it.

Last edited by fastjoe; 09-04-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-04-2011 | 08:53 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

He'd eat at much pavement as any other short wearing rider would if he went down.

Of course they say women love scars...

Old 09-04-2011 | 08:55 PM
Nubz
Road Warrior

all this worrying about what other people wear and think on this forum is getting old

Old 09-04-2011 | 09:10 PM
Smokey Burnouts
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Nubz
all this worrying about what other people wear and think on this forum is getting old
i feel ya!!

Old 09-04-2011 | 09:44 PM
bjewell
|
Seasoned HDF Member

In my truck? The '92 Dakota (189,000 miles thank you Dodge Bros) with 900 miles on it last year and 400 to date for '11? Cause it is an absolute sumbitch to carry a 30lb. bag of dog food and a 10 lb. bag of cat food as well as a case of Anchor Steam on the Harley.

As far as a putt I did my 100 mile breakfast run already that morning. Scrambled eggs and bacon, extra crisp and hash browns. English muffin on the side and decaf please, gott a bad ticker...

"all this worrying about what other people wear and think on this forum is getting old..."

Exactamundo...

Old 09-04-2011 | 10:49 PM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise

So? I been riding my ol ladys sportster since my hand is in cast and i can pull the clutch. Nobody says s**t to me. It's got pink plug wires, pink decals, and a stuffed deals gap dragon behind the windshield. I don't believe i'd wear shorts and that other stuff though. Might make me look gay or something.

Old 09-04-2011 | 10:50 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Ok, just so I understand, I'm not too quick sometimes. A guy is dressed like a tennis player riding a harley, but has an 81 patch so he's cool. The other dudes that wear black and chaps and doo rags like 99.99999% of the dudes that ride harleys are dumasses. I'm with you on this by the way, I hate that poser look.

Quick Reply: Posers will hate this fashion first... another 1% hoo-haw...