The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers will hate this fashion first... another 1% hoo-haw...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011 | 08:47 AM
ShamelessPoser
Advanced
Cool

Originally Posted by alkay191
actually, there is nothing romantic to looking around and seeing that you're surrounded by bunch of limp wristed posers and wanna-bes.
I guess that would depend on your point of view...

Old 09-08-2011 | 10:40 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by ShamelessPoser
I guess that would depend on your point of view...
isn't it what this forum is all about? points of view?
from my observation point, the view is disappointing.

Old 09-08-2011 | 10:42 AM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

Mine too.

Old 09-08-2011 | 10:46 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by cameraboy
Mine too.
i'm curious about you.... from our interactions and what i've learned about you, i can't see what attracted you to harley world. not a put down. i just don't picture you as "biker"-type individual.

Old 09-08-2011 | 10:53 AM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

what exactly is a "biker-type" individual?

What do you want to know about me?

I don't take that as a put-down.

Old 09-08-2011 | 10:58 AM
Ultra Dare
Advanced

Originally Posted by zeus33
Ok, just so I understand, I'm not too quick sometimes. A guy is dressed like a tennis player riding a harley, but has an 81 patch so he's cool. The other dudes that wear black and chaps and doo rags like 99.99999% of the dudes that ride harleys are dumasses. I'm with you on this by the way, I hate that poser look.
I'm more interested in your nose art on your bike then what you wear while you ride. Sure, I've chuckled to myself once in a while. But whatever. It's their experience.

Old 09-08-2011 | 11:07 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by cameraboy
what exactly is a "biker-type" individual?

What do you want to know about me?

I don't take that as a put-down.
right of the bat, you seem to know little about MCs, the type of person it takes to be in one.
You've asked on a public forum how to handle your neighbor problem
You seemed to be appalled by some responces, I think due to more liberal and law abiding point of view.
I just don't see you as a type of person that could ride hard, fix your bike on the side of the road or have my back if we got into a confrontation somewhere on the run.

Old 09-08-2011 | 11:13 AM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

Well, all I know is that both times I had to deal with a 1% MC, it was a negative experience.

There are a LOT of convictions and indictments against 1% MC members

But, like I said, I judge each man on his own merits, and I don't know personally how much of that stuff is true and how much is sensationalism for the purpose of entertainment.
You've asked on a public forum how to handle your neighbor problem
I didn't really need advice, it was more a conversation. I can handle my own issues, and did handle it perfectly, but thought it would be interesting to get some input and see what others thought. I didn't follow any of the advice I was given, for the most part. And it worked out exactly as I wanted, so I consider that a win.
You seemed to be appalled by some responces, I think due to more liberal and law abiding point of view.
yes, I believe in law and order and I despise intimidation, violence, and people that prey on those weaker than they are. I don't know if that's what MCs do though, I suspect a lot of it is, but a lot of it is bravado. I don't think despising violence and intimidation is a "liberal" trait though. I think it is a trait of civilized man.
I just don't see you as a type of person that could ride hard, fix your bike on the side of the road or have my back if we got into a confrontation somewhere on the run.
I think that's because you never met anyone like me and you have a preconceived notion that only people who think like you do could "ride hard, fix their bike, and have your back."

And I don't mean that as a put-down, I think maybe you just haven't been around someone like me. And there aren't many like me, I'll admit.

Old 09-08-2011 | 11:20 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

You just remind of some of my "hippie" friends.
They might be fun to party with on occasion, but we live in different worlds, with different sets of values and rules of conduct.
Just out of curiosity.... what is your riding history? how long, what bikes, etc...

Old 09-08-2011 | 11:23 AM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

We may very well have different sets of values and rules of conduct.

I have been riding for three years.
I ride every day from March 15th through Halloween
My first bike was a 1981 Yamaha Virago
My second bike is a 2009 Harley Davidson Iron 883
I also have a 1980 Honda CB 750 I'm trying to fix

I wish I had started earlier, but sometimes I'm glad I didn't, as the person I was a decade ago probably should not have been on a motorcycle....

Quick Reply: Posers will hate this fashion first... another 1% hoo-haw...