The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers will hate this fashion first... another 1% hoo-haw...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011 | 10:02 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

LoL, we all know there are those worry about what others will think if they do this or wear that.

Then there are those who could care less what others think and do what they would do with or without an audience.

Neither excludes membership to ********.

Old 09-07-2011 | 10:03 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by alkay191
actually, there is nothing romantic to looking around and seeing that you're surrounded by bunch of limp wristed posers and wanna-bes.
I thought I would explain to cameraboy and others what it's about....some will understand...others won't. Some of those others will get a street education when they get runaway tongue around the wrong guy....then they will get their PhD in shutthefukup.

It is what it is. Show respect, or be fk'n QUIET. If you wnat to prove you have the right to speak, then you will get fk'd up. The only laws that apply are the laws of common sense.

I truly feel sorry for those who think this is just bullshit, and will do as they will. At some point, you'ree gonna get schooled....or you will stay out of that world. Your choice.

~Joe

Last edited by traveler; 09-07-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old 09-07-2011 | 10:19 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by traveler
I thought I would explain to cameraboy and others what it's about....some will understand...others won't. Some of those others will get a street education when they nget runaway tongue around the wrong uy....then they will get them PhD in shutthefukup.

It is what it is. Show respect, or be fk'n QUIET. If you wnat to prove you have the right to speak, then you will get fk'd up.

~Joe
there is no way to teach street smarts to people who are not interested in learning.
some have their value system handed down to them by religion or "normal" society and they take it at its face value without a question.
others, grow up on the streets and question authority and live by a different set of rules or code of conduct.
I know where I fit in and witch group gets my respect.

Speaking of respect .... I have my philosophy on that too, that might not be acceptable by either side.
It only matters when its given by a "respectable" person. Respect has value, to me. Getting from some "who doesn't matter" ...well, it has no value.

Old 09-07-2011 | 10:25 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

It only matters when its given by a "respectable" person. Respect has value, to me. Getting from some "who doesn't matter" ...well, it has no value.
Exactly. It can come off as patronizing otherwise.

Old 09-07-2011 | 10:26 PM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise

Anyone who watches "gangland" please realize that it is not a documentary but just another entertainment show. Sons of Anarchy is about on the same level as Gangland. No one would watch a show where a bunch of bikers sit around drinking beer, working on their bikes and chasing women.

Old 09-07-2011 | 10:44 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member

What is really cool is when you go down and slide and tumble and get back up in good shape by yourself because you wear proper riding gear.

I rarely see that style on runs in this area.

Old 09-07-2011 | 11:21 PM
Sling Blade 14
Extreme HDF Member

I live on my bike- and when I go to the gym I wear my sweats and Five Fingers on the way.

Anyone looking at me in that garb could think otherwise, but I've been on a bike for close to 40+ years.

That whole "judge a book by it's cover" thingy...

Old 09-08-2011 | 01:25 AM
myglide
Tourer

"A man who stands for something

Whose word is his bond.

If he says he will do something, it is as good as a signature on a contract.

Has a bond with others like him, are always there for them, as they are always there for him.

Thick or thin...they stick together, and live by a code.

Now...imagine that in the 21st century.

To BE a full patch holding member in a REAL M/C requres this. Most can't FULLY live up to it. Those that can, forge groups and fall under the 1%'er banner.

You have to PROVE you are one of them....PROVE you can be relied on, like you will rely on them.

For those that have the mettle to do so, the coveted full patch is awarded.

Earning it is a bitch. KEEPING it is just as hard. You can't live up...you will lose it."

Exactly

Old 09-08-2011 | 08:13 AM
firefighter616
Club Member

Originally Posted by traveler
I thought I would explain to cameraboy and others what it's about....some will understand...others won't. Some of those others will get a street education when they get runaway tongue around the wrong guy....then they will get their PhD in shutthefukup.

It is what it is. Show respect, or be fk'n QUIET. If you wnat to prove you have the right to speak, then you will get fk'd up. The only laws that apply are the laws of common sense.

I truly feel sorry for those who think this is just bullshit, and will do as they will. At some point, you'ree gonna get schooled....or you will stay out of that world. Your choice.

~Joe
there is no way to teach street smarts to people who are not interested in learning.
some have their value system handed down to them by religion or "normal" society and they take it at its face value without a question.
others, grow up on the streets and question authority and live by a different set of rules or code of conduct.
I know where I fit in and witch group gets my respect.

Speaking of respect .... I have my philosophy on that too, that might not be acceptable by either side.
was taught to keep my mouth shut and ears and eyes opened
Always worked for me

Old 09-08-2011 | 08:19 AM
bjewell
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by truckerdave
No one would watch a show where a bunch of bikers sit around drinking beer, working on their bikes and chasing women.
I dunno, probably beat Dr. Phil, America's Got Talent, Oprah and a bunch of other stuff on the boob tube...

Quick Reply: Posers will hate this fashion first... another 1% hoo-haw...