The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers will hate this fashion first... another 1% hoo-haw...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011 | 09:41 PM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Kowan
Of course they say women love scars...
You and my mum ( after my car wreck ) are the only two I have heard say that. Dad said I looked like a baseball.
No white after Labor Day, got it.

Old 09-07-2011 | 02:07 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by traveler
Imagine this:

A man who stands for something

Whose word is his bond.

If he says he will do something, it is as good as a signature on a contract.

Has a bond with others like him, are always there for them, as they are always there for him.

Thick or thin...they stick together, and live by a code.

Now...imagine that in the 21st century.

To BE a full patch holding member in a REAL M/C requres this. Most can't FULLY live up to it. Those that can, forge groups and fall under the 1%'er banner.

You have to PROVE you are one of them....PROVE you can be relied on, like you will rely on them.

For those that have the mettle to do so, the coveted full patch is awarded.

Earning it is a bitch. KEEPING it is just as hard. You can't live up...you will lose it.

SO....that is one, of the many reasons why I support all 1%'er M/C's.

(and support fellow combat veterans)

81 is group of men with HONOR.

~Joe

Cool the way you put that. It's a good message for any person. The ironic thing about it is this... Sooo many weekend warriors dress up like bikers on a regular basis, take their cookie cutter bikes out and pretend they're a biker. Dress like them, try to act and talk like them. But the one thing they miss is that code that you stated just there. A biker isn't the way you dress for fck sakes, and it's not about how shiny your paint is. It's about you as a person.

I have been totally ratted out and betrayed by people who pretended to be friends, but when push came to shove they threw me under the bus to save their own skin. I have a story that I'd like to make public, but it's quite personal so I'm keeping it that way. Suffice to say, that those people will never have my repect again.

Old 09-07-2011 | 02:26 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by zeus33
Cool the way you put that. It's a good message for any person. The ironic thing about it is this... Sooo many weekend warriors dress up like bikers on a regular basis, take their cookie cutter bikes out and pretend they're a biker. Dress like them, try to act and talk like them. But the one thing they miss is that code that you stated just there. A biker isn't the way you dress for fck sakes, and it's not about how shiny your paint is. It's about you as a person.

I have been totally ratted out and betrayed by people who pretended to be friends, but when push came to shove they threw me under the bus to save their own skin. I have a story that I'd like to make public, but it's quite personal so I'm keeping it that way. Suffice to say, that those people will never have my repect again.
I don't think they get that concept. To them it all about having the right look, the right bike and impressing others.
The people they try to imitate, don't do it to impress. That is just who they are. You can't buy that.

Old 09-07-2011 | 02:44 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by alkay191
I don't think they get that concept. To them it all about having the right look, the right bike and impressing others.
The people they try to imitate, don't do it to impress. That is just who they are. You can't buy that.
... and the only people who are impressed are the other weekend wanna be's like them.

I have totally had an eye opening experience into human nature over the past few months. You have no idea. People are so two faced it is unbelievable. I should say, SOME people, not all people of course.

Old 09-07-2011 | 03:26 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member

When I was on vacation this summmer riding around the left coast I saw more riders in shorts than not. It was to hot to not wear something to beat the heat.
Gals on the back of bikes in high heels and shorts...lotsa that too.

Old 09-07-2011 | 03:58 PM
bjewell
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Funny about the ratting out stuff. I’ve had my generosity taken to the cleaners big time two or three times now. And I've always had to decide between payback and my immortal soul.

In Japan, there's bushido. You always let your opponent have an honorable way out even if you are going to whack 'em. "Oh, you ripped me off and hit my daughter because you were drunk? I understand. Here, have a drink, it's okay." Then blammo, like that.

I loaned a so-called friend a grand 14 years ago, never paid me back. Even today, that's money, but he was broke living in Hawaii and was gonna sell his old guitars. So I stepped up and wired the money overnight. My friend, right?

Over the years I've asked for the cash back or trade some work, anything to get straight. But he's a pretty pathetic guy, never answers my mail, hell he coulda sent me 10 bucks a month we'd be even. Now I could go find him and work him out but what's the point? He's a pathetic little man, no heart, no conscience. On the other hand if he was making some jingle and living a bit large you can bet he'd have met me years ago.

Gotta pick your fights, the secret to a happy life...

Old 09-07-2011 | 05:33 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

I loaned a so-called friend a grand 14 years ago, never paid me back. Even today, that's money, but he was broke living in Hawaii and was gonna sell his old guitars. So I stepped up and wired the money overnight. My friend, right?
It only cost you 1,000 dollars to learn that he was not a real friend, and you should not rely on him. Some would consider that money well spent.

(though I would also want my money back.. haha)

Old 09-07-2011 | 05:49 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member

It cost me more than a thousand, more like 10 thousand. I not only hold the rat resposible, the a-hole that made up the lie about me. But worse than that, a group of bitches listened to him, believed his story, because they think he's some cool biker dude, or some bullshit, and went public with the story, which was completely untrue. So not only are they sticking their noses where they don't belong they've commited a crime of slander.

A bunch of weekend warrior, wanna be bikers. I don't know much about bike gangs, but I'm pretty sure that would be a good way to get your throat slit, gender be damned.

Old 09-07-2011 | 05:52 PM
Chunk
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bjewell
Funny about the ratting out stuff. I’ve had my generosity taken to the cleaners big time two or three times now. And I've always had to decide between payback and my immortal soul.

In Japan, there's bushido. You always let your opponent have an honorable way out even if you are going to whack 'em. "Oh, you ripped me off and hit my daughter because you were drunk? I understand. Here, have a drink, it's okay." Then blammo, like that.

Over the years I've asked for the cash back or trade some work, anything to get straight. But he's a pretty pathetic guy, never answers my mail, hell he coulda sent me 10 bucks a month we'd be even. Now I could go find him and work him out but what's the point? He's a pathetic little man, no heart, no conscience. On the other hand if he was making some jingle and living a bit large you can bet he'd have met me years ago.

Gotta pick your fights, the secret to a happy life...
Hey how are those new pets? Settling into their new home real good?
Bet they can drink more than a case of beer if ya give 'em a chance.

You're right gotta pick your fights--reminds me of this time a friend (?) was so pissed because some Skinnys had held him down & cut his hair. He wanted revenge so bad. We stand around their hang out for awhile & before long he's ready to call it quits. I ended up fightin' a couple of them dudes later because I instigated against them. Oh well...what a wuss...I learned as well.

Old 09-07-2011 | 06:37 PM
bjewell
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Critters are doing fine and thank you for asking. Max is funny guy, we go for a walk, it's hot so when we get back he slurps his water all over the floor by the bowl and then lies down in it. What a pooch.

The grand was small potatoes. Woman in Mendocino took my land, slandered my name and basically ripped me off for about $400K. And me, a poor guitar picker...

Quick Reply: Posers will hate this fashion first... another 1% hoo-haw...