The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers will hate this fashion first... another 1% hoo-haw...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011 | 11:35 AM
Ultra Dare
Advanced

Originally Posted by alkay191
You just remind of some of my "hippie" friends.
They might be fun to party with on occasion, but we live in different worlds, with different sets of values and rules of conduct.
Just out of curiosity.... what is your riding history? how long, what bikes, etc...
Sharing riding resumes now? Is this an interview? What make you think someone would want you covering their back? The bikes you've rode? Interesting thought processes.

Old 09-08-2011 | 11:38 AM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

yea, I get asked to justify my right to post on this forum an awful lot. I don't think I've ever accused someone of not having a HD or a bike at all, or asked them to outline their riding experience because I disagree with them..

I DON'T think that's what's happening in this thread, but it's happened a few times in others.

Old 09-08-2011 | 11:44 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ultra Dare
Sharing riding resumes now? Is this an interview? What make you think someone would want you covering their back? The bikes you've rode? Interesting thought processes.
this not an interview or credential check. i've actualy had couple of interesting conversations with cameraboy, but bike history wasn't discussed.
thanks for butting in.

btw, someone who'd consider me a "brother" would absolutely want me covering his back.

Last edited by alkay191; 09-08-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-08-2011 | 11:52 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by cameraboy
yea, I get asked to justify my right to post on this forum an awful lot. I don't think I've ever accused someone of not having a HD or a bike at all, or asked them to outline their riding experience because I disagree with them..

I DON'T think that's what's happening in this thread, but it's happened a few times in others.
you're right, I was not asking for any kind of justification.
the bike history often tells alot.
like the difference between someone who loves to ride and someone who just has to own a harley as status symbol.

Old 09-08-2011 | 11:57 AM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

Well, in my circle, having a HD is NOT a status symbol, I can assure you!

I get more crap for not riding a more modern bike....

I wanted an american bike, and Victory didn't have anything that I could afford. And I really like the looks of the Iron. I'm pretty happy with it. Pretty mad that my front wheel bearings just failed though, not happy about that AT ALL.

Old 09-08-2011 | 12:05 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by cameraboy
Well, in my circle, having a HD is NOT a status symbol, I can assure you!

I get more crap for not riding a more modern bike....

I wanted an american bike, and Victory didn't have anything that I could afford. And I really like the looks of the Iron. I'm pretty happy with it. Pretty mad that my front wheel bearings just failed though, not happy about that AT ALL.
I believe that.
Also, if I had to do daily city commute, I'd be riding a Sporty or a Buell as well.

Old 09-08-2011 | 12:10 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

For real, I can now afford a "bigger bike," but have not bought one yet because:

a- my sporty is paid for
b- I can't really see commuting daily on a dyna or Victory Kingpin.
c- My personal philosophy is to not buy many things. I get the best I can afford (in 2009 it WAS an iron 883) and I use it until it falls apart.

Old 09-08-2011 | 12:18 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

don't buy into that "bigger is an upgrade" or Sportsters are "girls" bikes.
Here are a couple gentlemen doing their thing on girly bikes

Old 09-08-2011 | 12:20 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

don't buy into that "bigger is an upgrade" or Sportsters are "girls" bikes.
I don't know if the fact that I don't hesitate to spit out an unpopular opinion has given you this impression, but I don't give a FUUKKKK what anyone else thinks about me.

or what I ride

If I did, I would be on a Ducati Monster, not a harley davidson sportster...

haha

But yea, I feel no need to "upgrade" at this point.

Maybe when I'm north of 40 I'll want more suspension and the ability to stretch out, but right now I'm enjoying the **** out of my PAID FOR 2009 sporty.

Old 09-08-2011 | 12:27 PM
Ultra Dare
Advanced

Originally Posted by alkay191
this not an interview or credential check. i've actualy had couple of interesting conversations with cameraboy, but bike history wasn't discussed.
thanks for butting in.

btw, someone who'd consider me a "brother" would absolutely want me covering his back.
This is a public forum. Swap phone numbers or emails and squelch the attitude.

Quick Reply: Posers will hate this fashion first... another 1% hoo-haw...