The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What I've learned here. (bad sarcasm inside)

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011 | 12:46 PM
VTK
|
Road Master
Default What I've learned here. (bad sarcasm inside)

After reading threads and posts I have been able to find my true self. I want to thank all of you that contributed for this life changing experience.

Turns out I've been a pretender all along. Chaps, fingerless gloves, 1/4 helmet, H-D tee shirt, H-D boots,black leather jacket, H-D buckle on thick leather belt. I wave at people depending on where I am at the time, and smile at people sometimes in cages that pass by. I don't care what someone else rides or wears.
I don't care if you ride a Honda, Suzuki, Victory, or Harley as long as you know what you're doing on it.
I go to bars with people that are patched or not and dont drink, and even worse I approach them and speak.
I've been seen at karaoke bars but I only sing in public when I'm going over 65 on the bike and sound my best.
I've been seen in the open washing my bike and polishing the chrome. I've been known to pull over if I see someone on the side of the road without concern over what he or she is riding or driving. But I have been
known to suggest they buy a Harley when my help is no longer needed. Kind of a parting shot I guess.
My bike is not the public approved black but is what I wanted. I figure until someone comes up and says "hey I'll buy you a bike but it has to be black" I'll ride what I paid for. I bark at dogs, moo at cows...heck I
even dated a cow before.
I've never been called a poser or a RUB so I guess I'd be considered more of a weekend warrior that considers Monday through Sunday as the weekend.

/end sarcasm

Old 09-02-2011 | 01:05 PM
Ed Vanharley
Road Captain

What is a 1/4 Helmet

Old 09-02-2011 | 01:13 PM
Chunk
Road Warrior

Yeaaaay! Another POSER making their way across the scenic landscape that calls to them w/ indifference to their monetary standing or publicly known differences to societal norms. A real live Biker & motorcycle enthusiast has a grin from ear to ear on the face that hurts like a bad leg cramp. Yeah, unh-huh, yeah...oh yeah...Ride on Rider, ride ON.

Old 09-02-2011 | 01:13 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Feel better now?

Old 09-02-2011 | 01:15 PM
SoALposer
Tourer

With you, almost. My bike is black and I'm afraid to sing while riding, don't like the taste of bugs, and I have been called a poser. Oh, and I ride when I WANT too, not to make a point. But, the rest, I agree with.

Old 09-02-2011 | 01:32 PM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member

All we need is your preferred oil and I think we will have everything pretty much covered.

Old 09-02-2011 | 01:37 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member

Congratulations (even worse sarcasm to follow). Now, quit dawdling back there and try to keep up with the rest of us experts. Jeez, you ride slower than a HOG member coming back from breakfast.

Old 09-02-2011 | 03:17 PM
02fx4dude
Road Master

Originally Posted by Ed Vanharley
What is a 1/4 Helmet

Maybe he's been wearing a pasty on his head???

Old 09-02-2011 | 03:58 PM
mfranzdorf
Cruiser

You forgot to tell us what you do with your "do-rag" when you get gas, you fuggin poser.

Old 09-02-2011 | 04:25 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ed Vanharley
What is a 1/4 Helmet
It's a yarmulke with a DOT sticker.

Quick Reply: What I've learned here. (bad sarcasm inside)