The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is your bike a "Girlie" color?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Clayvis
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Is your bike a "Girlie" color?

Funny story- I was standing inside the front of a large 7-11 store sipping on a cool beverage and enjoying the AC after several hours riding in 90+ weather. I could see my bike through the windows. I observe a guy and his woman checking out my ride. As they are walking into the store I hear the woman saying, "That's a nice bike, too bad it's such a girlie color." Just as she utters this comment, the guy notices me standing there with my "biker" gear on. He looks embarassed and quickly steers his lady in the opposite direction. I thought it was amusing and almost made a smart a$$ comment, but decided not to go there.

Now I realize my bike is not one of the more popular colors (Suede Blue), but that's why I like it. Most all my riding buddies have black bikes-they being REAL men and all... One of them did give me crap when I bought it saying it was "powder blue" I played along and told him I bought it because it matched my eye color!

So, what say you? I would concede it was girlie if it was pink, but light blue? I don't really give a crap-I am secure in my manhood, just curious about the issue. I have heard similar stuff said about yellow bikes. Any other colors that make the "girlie" list?

Old 09-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Good Time Gang
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

had a guy make a comment about my true teal heritage, but reminded him that he rode was short and stupid.....

Old 09-01-2011, 01:40 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,021 Likes on 767 Posts

And the color of his bike was...? Right, he probably doesn't ride. Now, I do ride a very manly black Harley but bought it used. For the deal I got on it, I would have taken any color out of the factory.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Colorado Mac
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 359 Likes on 276 Posts

I own two bikes: a manly black Softail Deuce and the copper/black (105th anniv. colors) Heritage (pic below). I don't really care one way or the other, but several have said they either LOVE or HATE the Heritage. Haven't been told it was girlie, but the ladies like the Heritage colors much more than the guys seem to. Okay by me!

Old 09-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

When I was looking for a bike this winter, I almost bought a Black Cherry FLHTCU. My son kept saying it was a girlie color. I don't care, I liked it. I ended up buying another one, but that would have been fine.

I love light blue Harleys. How's about a picture of your bike? I like yellow bikes too. Artlee's bike is one I lust after for a second bike.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:50 PM
FlyLow
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

same thoughts!! If the Ladies like the color then that's what counts since I'm now single again

Old 09-01-2011, 01:50 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

I've got a "girls bike" in a "girlie color." (But no one has said either to my face, nor do I think they are likely to.)

I told the sales guy when I bought my bike that I absolutely would not buy a black bike--that I thought they were boring. (Since that is H-D sacrilege, I'm surprised I wasn't ejected from the dealership.) No offense to those of you with black bikes, but my car is silver, my wife's car is black and I damn sure was going to have a color I liked in my bike! Purple is my favorite color, always has been, and, like you, I'm secure enough in my manhood that I'm not afraid to say so. I couldn't give a rat's a$$ what someone thinks of the color of my bike.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:51 PM
glebo
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,067 Likes on 346 Posts

Hey, that's my color..suede blue/black..I like it, it's not like all the others...plus, it looks alot like Carolina blue...so I can get away with it here...

Even if it didn't...I could give a rats ***...it's my bike...
not theirs..if they even had one..

Old 09-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

Honestly,it doesn't matter to me either way. As long as you like it, thats all that counts.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:00 PM
desertrideryz
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

Tell them that's ok I can paint my bike but your wife still looks like a dude.

Quick Reply: Is your bike a "Girlie" color?