The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Real Bikers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 09:48 AM
danrad55
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maybe the joke is on us!

Originally Posted by sldavis
Let me see if I got this right, a guy who trailered to Sturgis due to health problems is complaining about someone else trailering to Sturgis and wearing the wrong t shirt? Maybe someone in the RV had health problems as well. Why not load your crap in the trailer if it's going anyway? Who cares? Best t shirt I saw in Sturgis last year..."I rode mine in.....from the Campground"
I have to agree with you on this one. I guess it's not beyond comprehension that "somebody else" can also have health issues and wanted to be part of the Sturgis atmosphere. Maybe the OP should have considered that. I also think that the guy wearing that T-shirt may have had a great sense of humor and was doing it for all of the people on this Forum, or other Forums that get too caught up in other peoples lives! Maybe the joke is on us! Regardless ho how I got to Sturgis, it wouldn't take away from all of the great riding I did around there or the people and good times I had while I was there. To each his own.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:50 AM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Who cares, Riding is riding.

Further could care less what kind of bike my fellow rider is on also.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:33 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why would you give a rat's butt what someone's t shirt says? I've trailered my bikes to vacation spots and I couldn't care less what others think.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:55 AM
keith_stepp
Banned
Received 1,505 Likes on 1,077 Posts

If it were easy, everyone would be doing it. Wait a minute.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:25 AM
rebelpride112006
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If there was a truck and trailer goin with his group and he didnt put his stuff in it....tht doesnt make him a "real" biker it makes him a "real" dumbass!

Old 08-17-2011, 12:30 PM
mnskip
Tourer

On the way to Sturgis gassing up in Wall, I was talking to a guy from N.C. who was pulling a HD trailer with about a $300,000 RV. At first I was thinking wtf, then after further thought, I realized he is going to be hitting town after he unloads and I would be putting my tent up for a nap. He told me he was getting the finger from riders all the way there. I told him f'em, and if I had the money I would be doing the same. My son who is about 3X my size trailers his out and has a patch on his vest that says "I trailered mine". Funny, no one says a thing to him. This year he road his Ultra out with us, 605 miles one way, road it back home, got on his shovel and road back to Sturgis the next day. To be young again.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:40 PM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,871 Likes on 9,333 Posts

Actually, it doesn't matter to me what you or anyone else thinks of me. When I'm gone down the road and beyond the next turn or over the horizon, you will be contemplating something else and have completely forgotten about me.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:00 PM
Ultra Street Jewell
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Me myself, if I was riding with a group and we already planned to bring a camper for the camp grounds in Sturgis, I might of put my gear in the camper. Why carry extra weight when you don't have too. But I'd still ride the bike either way, whether its raining, cold, or hot as hell. I am going to make the ride and probably going to buy a patch that says, I rode my bike too.

Old 08-17-2011, 02:06 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

59 Sat
paid my dues
don't care what ya do or ride, got too little time left to worry bout trailers, or do-rags
Assless chaps on wimmins is another thing all together

Old 08-17-2011, 05:58 PM
JC650
Road Captain

I would never go to any of these bike week things again I want to ride not buy cheap vendor junk. I went to Laconia once and would rather have gone 2 weeks later when everyone was gone. I dont have a motorcycle trailer but maybe one day I will. Like someone posted earlier about there something being said about riding alone. Thats my favorite way to go.

To the op, I always laugh at the tools that wear the attention grabbing shirts.

Quick Reply: Real Bikers?