The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Real Bikers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 03:57 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Very High Plain Drifter
Real bikers don't wear t-shirts.
OH GREAT!! Now I have to shitcan my t-shirts too.....

Old 08-17-2011, 04:04 AM
lewintennessee
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lifes to short dont sweat the small stuff

Old 08-17-2011, 06:33 AM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PFWiz
Momma and I just got back from 10 days at Sturgis...
Had a great time.

Just to let you know we trailered the bike because Momma has Fibro and can't ride for more than 4 or 5 hours a day....

Anyway on the way home we passed a motor home pulling a big trailer closely following a group of 4 bikes. None of the bikes were loaded down with luggage, not a single sissy bar bag or bungie cord between them...

Here's the thing. One of the guys was wearing a "Trailers are for Pussies" Tshirt. Now I agree that riding cross country to Sturgis on your bike is the real deal. It defininately is worth more points than me towing my trailer, but does riding your bike, not having to carry any luggage or having to worry about any problems make you a real biker?
It's just the gall of that guy to wear that shirt that gets me. Trailers are for pussies, but giant motor homes with big trailers as a chase vehicle is appearently the sign of a true biker....
Oh well! Welcome to the Madison avenue fashion show of modern riding.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:34 AM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 5,295 Likes on 1,585 Posts

Why yes, It is a nice trailer, Thank You!

Signed: *****

My wife and I saw this on the back of a trailer, stopping for gas, off I-90.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:53 AM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

T shirts....one person sees them as a comical way of expressing a thought and others see them as a personal attack against themselves. It's like walking into a bar and firing two shots in the air and yelling all you candy assed ******s on the floor and having all the cupcakes getting mad for falling for it and hitting he deck....
seems most peoples mind and self image is their own worst enemy and take everything as a personal attack against themselves....

Old 08-17-2011, 08:04 AM
Turbinesaint
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is how the local club lost it's colors.

Attached Thumbnails Real Bikers?-redneck-airlines-funny-fake-commercial-plane-towing-trailer.jpg  
Old 08-17-2011, 08:05 AM
MrMojo
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Let's make a t shirt that says "Douche bags wear douche bag t shirts". Glad you and the misses had fun, that's all that matters.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:18 AM
sldavis
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me see if I got this right, a guy who trailered to Sturgis due to health problems is complaining about someone else trailering to Sturgis and wearing the wrong t shirt? Maybe someone in the RV had health problems as well. Why not load your crap in the trailer if it's going anyway? Who cares? Best t shirt I saw in Sturgis last year..."I rode mine in.....from the Campground"

Old 08-17-2011, 08:32 AM
2PawsRiver
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The shirt was tasteless, though I could not find the patch I was looking for "Trailers are for Boats".

This was our first trip and we wound up riding out and I'm glad we did.

Actually we rode out twice this year. Rode in 1400 miles from Michigan, then rode out to Yellowstone, then 500 miles back to Sturgis.

Next time we'll trailer to Chamberlin and ride in from there. Will save us three days of travel, thus three days of vacation.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:33 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

My wife and I rode to Sturgis, (it is only 250 miles away) and had a blast. It is a great place for many people to go and be who they want to be, maybe not who they are. I agree with the original poster. The guy should not wear the trailers are for pussies shirt when all of his stuff is on a trailer. Maybe that is who he wants to be. Not who he is. Perhaps he will do better next year. Bottom line, enjoy yourself. Live and let live.

Quick Reply: Real Bikers?