The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Real Bikers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 09:29 PM
JohnT
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why do you even care what these people were doing or why they were doing it? If you had a great trip to Sturgis, good for you. Settle for that and leave other people alone. Bottom line: it's none of your business.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:49 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 262 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
Ya know;I don't get all this anti-trailering crapola. Riding is tiring. Some people would rather get there all nice & fresh, not worn out from the ride. So FREAKIN' what? What;a guy ain't a real MAN unless he rides there? Considering the aging Harley demographic, I don't think there's anything wrong with trailering. In fact, I have driven to Daytona several times. Why? well, this past March, my buddy was down from NYC & didn't have his bike with him. Last March before, temps didn't get out of the mid 50s all week--the GF & I drove (the Famous Mustang) Sure, I could ride in the cold. Doesn't make me a man. But the point is, IT AIN'T NO FUN!! Wearin' a heavy leather,scarf,heavy gloves,full helmet. Hell, if it ain't fun, I don't wanna do it! I love ridin' in beautiful weather, and that's what we have 90% of the time in Florida. But if the weather sux, I ain't gonna go. Period. I'll trailer, or I'll just drive. Nothin' wrong with that. Does that mean I ain't a real biker? Who the hell cares. I have my Harleys for enjoyment & relaxation;not to prove anything. And if the weather sux this year for Biketoberfest, I'm taking the truck, with heat,tunes, and coffee. And if anyone don't like it, they can kiss my puckerpipe!

In fact, this weekend I am looking at trading in my current trailer for an upgraded, heavier duty one;deal is all set & ready to go down. I will post pics when I get it to **** off the anti-trailer people!LOL
Dickey,
On this one, I am in agreement with you. I just don't understand why so many people get so jacked up over how someone gets from point a to point b. I guess it also makes someone a poser if, rather than pack all on their baggage on the bike, they just ship it ahead to the their destination.
Thus leaving a much better handling bike (and safer) to enjoy to it's fullest.

Oh yeah, I guess I'm not a 'real' biker because we're flying to Las Vegas and renting bikes rather than riding our own bikes.
Instead of using a trailer, we'll be using a 727.

Last edited by Deucedog; 08-16-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:18 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,054 Likes on 17,933 Posts

duecedog
Hang Around
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey
Ya know;I don't get all this anti-trailering crapola. Riding is tiring. Some people would rather get there all nice & fresh, not worn out from the ride. So FREAKIN' what? What;a guy ain't a real MAN unless he rides there? Considering the aging Harley demographic, I don't think there's anything wrong with trailering. In fact, I have driven to Daytona several times. Why? well, this past March, my buddy was down from NYC & didn't have his bike with him. Last March before, temps didn't get out of the mid 50s all week--the GF & I drove (the Famous Mustang) Sure, I could ride in the cold. Doesn't make me a man. But the point is, IT AIN'T NO FUN!! Wearin' a heavy leather,scarf,heavy gloves,full helmet. Hell, if it ain't fun, I don't wanna do it! I love ridin' in beautiful weather, and that's what we have 90% of the time in Florida. But if the weather sux, I ain't gonna go. Period. I'll trailer, or I'll just drive. Nothin' wrong with that. Does that mean I ain't a real biker? Who the hell cares. I have my Harleys for enjoyment & relaxation;not to prove anything. And if the weather sux this year for Biketoberfest, I'm taking the truck, with heat,tunes, and coffee. And if anyone don't like it, they can kiss my puckerpipe!

In fact, this weekend I am looking at trading in my current trailer for an upgraded, heavier duty one;deal is all set & ready to go down. I will post pics when I get it to **** off the anti-trailer people!LOL

Dickey,
On this one, I am in agreement with you. I just don't understand why so many people get so jacked up over how someone gets from point a to point b. I guess it also makes someone a poser if, rather than pack all on their baggage on the bike, they just ship it ahead to the their destination.
Thus leaving a much better handling bike (and safer) to enjoy to it's fullest.

Oh yeah, I guess I'm not a 'real' biker because we're flying to Las Vegas and renting bikes rather than riding our own bikes.
Instead of using a trailer, we'll be using a 727.

Not even going to get into the biker thing anymore , we all are getting or are old .

Old 08-16-2011, 10:23 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Quit reading t-shirts. Problem solved.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:25 PM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 476 Likes on 278 Posts

I have a bro that's a hunting guide. For him it's a way of life...for his clients it's a hobby...some of you will know what I mean.....it's a free country.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:30 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,054 Likes on 17,933 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkey
I have a bro that's a hunting guide. For him it's a way of life...for his clients it's a hobby...some of you will know what I mean.....it's a free country.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:00 PM
Harleybass
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"When you've got something to prove, there's nothing greater than a challenge.."

Terry Bradshaw

Old 08-17-2011, 01:38 AM
Lambo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe he was just admitting he was a ***** before someone told him and had to hear all the trash talk. Who really cares, as long as everyone had a good time and kept the tradition of Sturgis going?

Old 08-17-2011, 02:53 AM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

dickey has got it in one ...... it dont make anyone less of rider because they trailer it makes them smarter why would i want to ride through **** weather when i could drive if i could afford it i would have a trailer or pickup and have a choice of how much ridin or driving i wanted to do that day ....

Old 08-17-2011, 03:29 AM
Very High Plain Drifter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Real bikers don't wear t-shirts.

Quick Reply: Real Bikers?