The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Real Bikers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Chunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right on Biker.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:43 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I actually understood some of the guys with sturgis or daytona ect. But when I was at gettysburg bike week two years ago the campground was tralierville. Well they were all from within an hour-two ride of the "rally" now that was sorry. If you can't ride an hour to go to small rally then why have a bike. These were not people with medical issues or even OL who rode the chase car. To each his own but it made me shake my head.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:53 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lizdc
I actually understood some of the guys with sturgis or daytona ect. But when I was at gettysburg bike week two years ago the campground was tralierville. Well they were all from within an hour-two ride of the "rally" now that was sorry. If you can't ride an hour to go to small rally then why have a bike. These were not people with medical issues or even OL who rode the chase car. To each his own but it made me shake my head.
I understand guys trailering the bike from Maine to Daytona when the North East is covered with snow.
There is no weather related excuse for Sturgis ...
Btw, I've told the story about my bro-in-law and his buddy trailering bikes from Sarasota, Fl of all places, to Daytona. Couple of posers... they barely ride in Sarasota, so what do you think they did on Main st. ???

Old 12-06-2011, 03:54 PM
BgDadddy
Road Captain
Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Chunk
Hey biker, is that the bike that goes underwater?
Well, I suppose it could go under water, as could any other bike...

But I try to avoid that sort of thing at all costs!

Old 12-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Bigfoot1
Road Captain

Originally Posted by EP50
I just ran across the street and asked my neighbor (Sorry. I'm a little out of breath) But my neighbor told me that he thought of me as a "real biker"..And my neighbor is highly regarded in the community.
AAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHahhahahahahahahaha. Good one. I have a pile of offensive shirts, I wear daily. I think most of them are offensive, it's why I wear em. I think they are funny. Ya gotta have a sense of humor. I even went to the stealer this week, and bought a hat. I built this bike and bought the other Hooker, and I ride em both everywhere, all year. Right now I'm at the keyboard nursin some bruised ribs from the ice me an my Hooker went down on last Saturday. I dug it out of the ditch, kicked the bars straight and rode it home, to one mighty upset ol lady! I just wanna ride, an if I offend somebody, well, good. I'm livin this life for me.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Chunk
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by BgDadddy
Well, I suppose it could go under water, as could any other bike...

But I try to avoid that sort of thing at all costs!
I was actually thinkin about the Buell Ulysses

Old 12-06-2011, 04:53 PM
BgDadddy
Road Captain
Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Chunk
I was actually thinkin about the Buell Ulysses
I had one of those. Talk about a wheelie machine!

Last edited by BgDadddy; 12-06-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:50 PM
EP50
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigfoot1
AAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHahhahahahahahahaha. Good one. I have a pile of offensive shirts, I wear daily. I think most of them are offensive, it's why I wear em. I think they are funny. Ya gotta have a sense of humor. I even went to the stealer this week, and bought a hat. I built this bike and bought the other Hooker, and I ride em both everywhere, all year. Right now I'm at the keyboard nursin some bruised ribs from the ice me an my Hooker went down on last Saturday. I dug it out of the ditch, kicked the bars straight and rode it home, to one mighty upset ol lady! I just wanna ride, an if I offend somebody, well, good. I'm livin this life for me.

I don't have any offensive shirts.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:08 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Originally Posted by FroggyFatBoy
sort of a hypocrite in my book..

kinda like a bumper sticker i saw a while back..

Hondas are like tampons... Every ***** has one...

on the back of a mustang...
But it's a mustang, I don't get it. ( I get the honda part)
, Whatever,
I trailered too myrtle in 08 and Sandusky in 2010. No big deal, didn't arrive fresh as a daisy either, slept for 8 straight each time! ride or trailer..........makes no difference, your still a tired *** when done.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:26 AM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
I understand guys trailering the bike from Maine to Daytona when the North East is covered with snow.
There is no weather related excuse for Sturgis ...
Btw, I've told the story about my bro-in-law and his buddy trailering bikes from Sarasota, Fl of all places, to Daytona. Couple of posers... they barely ride in Sarasota, so what do you think they did on Main st. ???
Mostly I agree but the time off sometimes can be too much for people to sturgis from say FL. I am not saying I would do it because I wouldnt.
Funny thing I ever saw was a guy who trailer-ed his nighttrain to a BON halloween party weekend year before last it wass pre party friday then main bash sat night. It was in york at the wheelie biker bar. All of us got rooms at the closest hotel. Worse than trailing to a hotel an hour from your house. Well sat morning we all went to the plant to tour. He rode the three mins to that. Then a whole crew of us were going on a ride for a few hours. He didnt he stayed with the drink all day crowd. The next morning a set of us rode to breakfast. He drove his truck. Then he loaded the bike back on the tralier. SO he trailered an hour from home to ride to the factory (3 mins away) and have pictures of his bike at the factory. I do like the guy but didnt understand all the work of the trailer for that. Either ride or dont bring the bike.

Quick Reply: Real Bikers?