The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Real Bikers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 10:37 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by nilro

I never can remember who the dude is that has "The pussification of the American biker is upon us" in their sig line, but every time I see that, it reminds me that he is right.

Not to get into that stupid "what's a biker" argument, but the quote is true, with one exception. It's not upon us anymore. It showed up a few years ago.
*Night Train* https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...ht-train-.html

Old 09-13-2011, 11:01 AM
nilro
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl
Thanks. Here is a snowman for you:

Old 09-13-2011, 03:56 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,054 Likes on 17,933 Posts

While I agree with you (as I usually do), you missed something. While few folks figure stuff out on their own, most everyone does so by being taught or observing examples.

So, somewhere in the past, the number of examples began to change to what we see now, which make everyone think that is the way it is supposed to be. Those who live by the "old ways" as you call them seem by the new guy to be unwilling to share that experience (your fault) or seem unapproachable (not your fault).

The old way is basically dead. Unfortunately, I learned that rather quickly when it became difficult to find anyone of the old school. I did however find those who subscribe to the old way, but I had to take it upon myself to search that out.

I never can remember who the dude is that has "The pussification of the American biker is upon us" in their sig line, but every time I see that, it reminds me that he is right.

Not to get into that stupid "what's a biker" argument, but the quote is true, with one exception. It's not upon us anymore. It showed up a few years ago.

Not a matter of wanting to share what I've learned over the years , it's the lack of the new breeds wanting to slow down enough to hear it . Can't teach a rock not to be a rock .

The flood gates where thrown open in 1984 and Biker and what it took to be and meant became a footnote in history . While there still are some old school die hards out there most are a Walt Disney version today and pardon me but they can get the fuc over it if they feel put off by that .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 09-13-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:19 PM
nilro
Road Captain

Once again I agree with you. Where you might have missed my original point is most newbies are basically afraid to learn and would rather sew a hog patch on their back.

I think it was missed years ago as you noted what it was all about. I am here to tell you that it hasn't died but as all things good in the past it has dwindled down to a much smaller population.

Btw. I've been drinking.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:21 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Once again I agree with you. Where you might have missed my original point is most newbies are basically afraid to learn and would rather sew a hog patch on their back.

I think it was missed years ago as you noted what it was all about. I am here to tell you that it hasn't died but as all things good in the past it has dwindled down to a much smaller population.

Btw. I've been drinking.

Very clear moments of insight have brought on by that , .

I caught you , what I've seen is most don't want or can't handle a learning curve . They want it all now , they bought the bike now where's rest of it dammit ? Lot of feathers been ruffled over that little issue .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 09-13-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:48 PM
nilro
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Very clear moments of insight have brought on by that , .

I caught you , what I've seen is most don't want or can't handle a learning curve . They want it all now , they bought the bike now where's rest of it dammit ? Lot of feathers been ruffled over that little issue .
True. I think it's the billy badass package that one assumes they get with a Harley davidson.

I don't frequent dealerships but I have noticed that the clothes and accessories float toward a badass in a package deal. You can even finance your new black leather jacket and stuff into the purchase of the bike.

Then they show up at dumb things like bike night or poker runs and wonder why they are not accepted. So instead of doing some soul searching they jump on a forum or bitch to their buddies.

I liken it to the navy seals. I have a friend of mine who was a seal and he has told me that there is a certain way about seals and they almost know one another without a formal means of recognition. I feel it is the same way with ( oh no I'm gonna use the word ) bikers. Those who know, know. Those who don't wish.

It is what it is and I have accepted that. What you cannot control, you shouldn't fret because there isn't **** that you can do about it.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:53 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

True. I think it's the billy badass package that one assumes they get with a Harley davidson.

I don't frequent dealerships but I have noticed that the clothes and accessories float toward a badass in a package deal. You can even finance your new black leather jacket and stuff into the purchase of the bike.

Then they show up at dumb things like bike night or poker runs and wonder why they are not accepted. So instead of doing some soul searching they jump on a forum or bitch to their buddies.

I liken it to the navy seals. I have a friend of mine who was a seal and he has told me that there is a certain way about seals and they almost know one another without a formal means of recognition. I feel it is the same way with ( oh no I'm gonna use the word ) bikers. Those who know, know. Those who don't wish.

It is what it is and I have accepted that. What you cannot control, you shouldn't fret because there isn't **** that you can do about it.

Sums it up nicely all in a nutshell , well done very well done . Welcome at my campfire anytime man .

Old 09-13-2011, 05:56 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

I work at a High School and to the staff and students I,m a biker cause I have a Harley. Little do they know it takes more than a bike. To the older generation riders I'm more of a poser and that's ok with me. But put me on my dirtbike against those older riders and you'll be posers to me.

Last edited by skidder; 09-13-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:01 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by skidder
I work at a High School and to the staff and students I,m a biker cause I have a Harley. Little do they know it takes more than a bike.
Your a better man than I working around high school age catholic girls in uniform , one redhead and I would be in deep doodoo .

Old 09-13-2011, 06:11 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Your a better man than I working around high school age catholic girls in uniform , one redhead and I would be in deep doodoo .
Yep, lotsa redheads, blonds and brunettes. We got chinese, philipinos, africans too. Goths, geeks, hot and dumb, smart and hot. We got imos, trainwrecks, *****, virgins and future 81's. A real hodgepodge of teenage wasteland.
Great job, I love it.

Quick Reply: Real Bikers?