The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Real Bikers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 06:13 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by doer
Stay away from groups- Life should be an adventure, and it will be if you can avoid comparing yourself to others...Nothin like riding alone.
a man who gets it.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:16 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Wanna Ride
That really brings it into perspective. Almost embarassing actually.
at least he's riding.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:45 AM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

I'm going to Sturgis. Cept it ain't Sturgis. That place is like Burning Man or any other giant-*** dog patch of too many people acting stupid. When I go to Sturgis it's gonna be a place like Sparta TN, see a friend, pick some guitar and head back home. Or maybe Biddeford Maine, see another buddy, pick some music have a beer and turn back around for the left coast. Bikers? Party of on -- me.

Rest is a fashion show in my book...

Old 09-07-2011, 08:08 AM
Cowpokey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 29 Posts

I wonder if riding home from work while it's snowing counts? I've done that a few times.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:39 AM
cubesteak
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kiss the puckerpipe!!

I love the statement if they don't like it they can kiss the puckerpipe....I have a new saying...thanks, Dicky. I agree.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:39 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,057 Likes on 17,935 Posts

Originally Posted by Cowpokey
I wonder if riding home from work while it's snowing counts? I've done that a few times.
That sucks lots of fun trying to stop .

Old 09-07-2011, 12:39 PM
jpsexton
Cruiser

My guess is that most of the ones talking trash about trailering have never pulled a trailer loaded to the gills across the country. My wife wants to trailer so she can take half the damn house with her to set up camp and be comfortable. I don't complain though because I get the benefit of good home cooking and a happy Momma. (You know what they say about Momma being happy!)

Seriously though! Do you know how big of a pain in the *** it is tow all that crap around? Pull that sumbitch through some big city traffic with all those BMW drivin fools cutting you off and crowding you cause where they're going is so friggin important.

Just a different perspective...

Old 09-07-2011, 02:02 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by jpsexton
My guess is that most of the ones talking trash about trailering have never pulled a trailer loaded to the gills across the country. My wife wants to trailer so she can take half the damn house with her to set up camp and be comfortable. I don't complain though because I get the benefit of good home cooking and a happy Momma. (You know what they say about Momma being happy!)

Seriously though! Do you know how big of a pain in the *** it is tow all that crap around? Pull that sumbitch through some big city traffic with all those BMW drivin fools cutting you off and crowding you cause where they're going is so friggin important.

Just a different perspective...
if this is serious, your "momma" has all my respect.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:26 PM
popawcritter
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PFWiz
Momma and I just got back from 10 days at Sturgis...
Had a great time.

Just to let you know we trailered the bike because Momma has Fibro and can't ride for more than 4 or 5 hours a day....

Anyway on the way home we passed a motor home pulling a big trailer closely following a group of 4 bikes. None of the bikes were loaded down with luggage, not a single sissy bar bag or bungie cord between them...

Here's the thing. One of the guys was wearing a "Trailers are for Pussies" Tshirt. Now I agree that riding cross country to Sturgis on your bike is the real deal. It defininately is worth more points than me towing my trailer, but does riding your bike, not having to carry any luggage or having to worry about any problems make you a real biker?
It's just the gall of that guy to wear that shirt that gets me. Trailers are for pussies, but giant motor homes with big trailers as a chase vehicle is appearently the sign of a true biker....
Frankly, I don't care how you got there, none of my business but since you brought it up...Your riding down the road in your truck/car pulling a trailer with your bike on it and you make a post about some guy that IS riding,being (or not being)a "real biker"?That is some funny **** right there...What the ***** does friends or family in a rv have to do with him riding?If the rv was pulling a trailer with his bike on it and he was wearing the t-shirt I could see your point but...

Like I said how you got there isn't a problem for me neither is how he got there.By the way I have had Fibro for the last 15 years or more,I know how painful it is and unfortunately there isn't much that will help it,it only gets worse with time.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:29 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

This trailer concept argument for or against was invented by the guy who makes the t-shirts.

Quick Reply: Real Bikers?