The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why don’t you have time to ride

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitric
Driving to bring lunch actually doesn't' make much sense once I did some number crunching though. If I spent the $4 on food that I would have on gas if I drove (in addition to the cost of buying grocery store food) I would come out as under the average cost of driving for a day. However it usually doesn't work out that way.. even dollar menu food adds up
WTF?????

This is the most surreal post I think I've ever read on the forums. You're actually justifying driving a cage instead of riding a motorcycle because you can't figure out how to carry a box lunch on your bike.

And this, somehow, actually makes sense to you?

I hope you're trolling the forum and laughing at the responses, otherwise that's the lamest excuse for not riding I've ever heard.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:13 PM
ecupirate
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Boy, I feel sorry for that guy that doesn't consider commuting, riding"

I feel the same way! I love riding to work!

Old 08-11-2011, 06:09 AM
Vitric
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
WTF?????

This is the most surreal post I think I've ever read on the forums. You're actually justifying driving a cage instead of riding a motorcycle because you can't figure out how to carry a box lunch on your bike.

And this, somehow, actually makes sense to you?

I hope you're trolling the forum and laughing at the responses, otherwise that's the lamest excuse for not riding I've ever heard.
I don't actually sit around and crunch numbers all day and penny pinch everything. Something just made me interested in how much something like that actually costs me lol.

Of couse, all of that is totally irrelevant when I go for day long adventures for no other reason than to ride for countless miles

Old 08-11-2011, 06:43 AM
jafhdo
Cruiser

Sounds to me like a whole lot of excuses!

Everybody to their own but...

Even the worst commute on a bike is better than sitting in traffic in a cage.

Riding in the rain/cold/whatever is just another part of the freedom and joy of riding. Heaven help me if I ever sell the SG or the corvette that I say "It's never been ridden/driven in the rain"

Then again, I do have my own excuses... I won't ride in the snow or ice.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:48 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,548 Likes on 6,277 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitric
I don't actually sit around and crunch numbers all day and penny pinch everything. Something just made me interested in how much something like that actually costs me lol.

Of couse, all of that is totally irrelevant when I go for day long adventures for no other reason than to ride for countless miles

This is a picture of my 170 mile round trip commute on Wednesdays. Definitely the highlight of my work week.

Eating out is getting expensive or boring. Inflation is making fast food expensive, and a good restaurant really expensive.
Get some nice saddlebags. They will make your bike into a practical vehicle, not just a hobby. Then you can save on gas, eat a homemade lunch and escape the cage. Happy ending.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:43 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hdgzr
1. Work
2. Mama's honey-dos
3. **** I need to get done
4. Weather
The people who do ride and the people who don't ride mostly have the same weather and same stuff to do. The people who mow their lawns twice a week and won't ride if it looks like rain are not going to get in much riding, but who is really going to miss those guys?

Old 08-11-2011, 09:14 AM
Vitric
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Ron750
Get some nice saddlebags. They will make your bike into a practical vehicle, not just a hobby. Then you can save on gas, eat a homemade lunch and escape the cage. Happy ending.
Very true. Sometimes I wear a back pack if I have something light in it. Also that picture is gorgeous, my long ride to work goes through a similar area for a short bit. The short way is the turnpike and without a windshield you get beaten up pretty good unless you're going slow.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:16 AM
DGDeuce
Club Member
Received 5,776 Likes on 2,339 Posts

I have 8 year old triplets. Before school let out I'd put them on the bus and go for long rides before work. Now, I ride to work, but can't leave until the babysitter is here. It's only 12 miles and almost a let-down because I'm done before I know it. Riding home in the dark isn't enjoyable. I don't know why. It could be deer and other animals or that I go slower because of them. I get some little rides in, but there's lots of honey-do's and things that go with having a house and family.I hate to wish the summer away, but as soon as the kids are back in school I'm taking a vacation day, not telling the wife, and heading for the Adirondacks for a long all day ride.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Gazzalodi
Road Master

Received 98 Likes on 59 Posts

For all those who have excuses why they don't ride, I say "good for you, keep it up." Call me if you want more excuses. 'Might rain fire from the sky', 'Might be giant radioactive tarantulas on the highway', etc...

Always happy to see dealerships stocked with 2 year old motorcycles with 10,000 miles on them.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Frank Dukes
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

riding to work... sucks. i hate having 30 minutes to get the 20 miles to work on the super slab.

HOWEVER... when i get off work and watch all the schmucks hop in their itsy bitsy cages while I'm starting my harley... priceless.

I can take my time, stop at a watering hole, whatever... its the best part of my work day and i look forward to it everyday im able to ride to work.

Quick Reply: Why don’t you have time to ride