The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full gear, reckless riding?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 11:38 AM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 07-23-2011, 12:03 PM
oldwildwally
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So why did you put cams in your bike ? so you could drive 55 ? Go 0-35 in an hour ?

Old 07-23-2011, 12:24 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by El Rey
It can be brutal and down right fatal if someone pulls out on you.
LOL............
That's not as bad as when the car door swings open and your bike comes to an abrupt stop and you don't.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:14 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by oldwildwally
So why did you put cams in your bike ? so you could drive 55 ? Go 0-35 in an hour ?
The sound man, the sound. LOL.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:17 PM
StreetGlider57
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oldwildwally
I wanted and got improved performance, both solo and two up. My point is that if a rider chooses to wear heavy hot saftey gear then it seems like a contradiction in logic to treat tight trafic situations like a high speed obsticle course. I'm fine with race bike riders pushing the limits of their machines, just wait until you're out of town and have some open road in front of you.

Last edited by StreetGlider57; 07-25-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Jack Straw
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

With all due respect, is this your first Harley or are you back on a bike after a very long hiatus?

The reason I ask is, these sport bike/crotch rocket guys have made a sport out of this type of aggressive riding in traffic for last 15 years or so. It's nothing new. I don't condone it, but nevertheless, it's nothing new.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:14 PM
bp_shooter123
Road Captain

Originally Posted by StreetGlider57
I wanted and got improved performance, both solo and two up. My point is that if a rider chooses to wear heavy hot saftey gear then it seems like a contradiction in logic to treat tight trafic situations like a high speed obsticle course. I'm fine with race bike riders pushing the limits of their machines, just wait until you're out of town and have some open road in front of you.
Some that put on the leathers feel it makes them even more indestructible. Like when a kid puts on a football uniform and instantly feels ten times tougher. These folks think only of themselves and believe the roads were built for them alone.

To me there is no difference between these riders and the folks in cars who are oblivious to anyone else on the road. Both groups are dangerous to everyone around them.

Michael

Old 07-26-2011, 06:33 PM
grzly
Road Master

Originally Posted by bp_shooter123
Some that put on the leathers feel it makes them even more indestructible. Like when a kid puts on a football uniform and instantly feels ten times tougher. These folks think only of themselves and believe the roads were built for them alone.

To me there is no difference between these riders and the folks in cars who are oblivious to anyone else on the road. Both groups are dangerous to everyone around them.

Michael
imo that is quite an ignorant comment. You could say the same about the harley rider who chooses to wear t shirt and shorts cause they think they are tough and indestructible

Old 07-26-2011, 06:42 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by fleabite
With all due respect, is this your first Harley or are you back on a bike after a very long hiatus?

The reason I ask is, these sport bike/crotch rocket guys have made a sport out of this type of aggressive riding in traffic for last 15 years or so. It's nothing new. I don't condone it, but nevertheless, it's nothing new.
Who is this for?

Old 07-26-2011, 07:28 PM
bp_shooter123
Road Captain

Michael
Originally Posted by grzly
imo that is quite an ignorant comment. You could say the same about the harley rider who chooses to wear t shirt and shorts cause they think they are tough and indestructible
I said some not all. Sometimes what a person wears does make them feel and act differently. There are even those of us who feel that the trend to paramilitary type uniforms are one reason police seem more aggressive.

Michael

Michael

Quick Reply: Full gear, reckless riding?