The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

riders who won't put money where there mouth is

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 10:24 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default riders who won't put money where there mouth is

Miamisburg's Thunderburg downtown bike thing was last night, and I had the oppurtunity to deck someone. prob shoulda.....but anywho

Wife and I were standing not far from the Vic when this idiot in a Harley shirt walks up to it, says "what a butt ugly bike, looks like a rolling abortion"
so I step up and say "you don't like my bike?" I was just gonna kid with him.....have had a few other people say things to me......no biggie.
But then the guy was like "I didn't say anything about your bike" and continued with how I mis-heard etc etc as his harley shirted buddies vanish.
So I stand there (fairly aggravated by this point...it doesn't take much to **** me off as you all have seen in this forum ) and ask him what he rides. Says he has a Nightster (which is pretty funny in itself, the guy was every bit 7 foot tall), so i told him how Sportsters were my fav, and that I've had a few. I then tell him (very calmly) if you want any respect in the Harley world (the real one, not this fake one we have in here), if someone hears him say something, he should man up or someone might kick his butt someday.
He walked on down the sidewalk and the next thing I know I have a hand on my shoulder (I'm thinking, oh great), so i turn around, and it's a greybeard with a smile on his face. Looked at me and said "Shame yer on a Vic right now, we need more Harley riders like you"
we both laughed, and the wife and I talked to him for awhile.

the whole thing just reminded me of in here....cept like I said, it was out there

Old 07-10-2011, 10:31 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Good you kept your cool with the fool. Not worth the trouble.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,982 Likes on 4,174 Posts

Right behind you Shu, 8 foot back.?

Old 07-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Dilemma
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good you kept your cool with the fool. Not worth the trouble
This.

Or you could have queer stomped him right on the spot.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:02 PM
MATUCHI
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The guy says out loud how he feels about a Vic, and then when he realized he offended the owner he tries to defuse the situation by not repeating his remark. I think he handled it pretty well by stopping it from escalating. Getting into a fight over somebody not liking your bike is ridiculous. Got to learn to let that **** go.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:17 PM
mi2az
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would of let it go as well. I don't care if someone hated the looks of my bike or just hated my bike. The only time I would fight is if I were backed into the corner and the guy would not let me leave the situation. But if it ever got to the point that I was not given the opportunity to leave and defuse the situation is probably the time I would pull my gun.

I really need to get some pepper spray so I do not have to resort to use a firearm.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:43 PM
chromedome09
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hell what's wrong with people today. new breed of puss riders. He could have still told you your bike was ugly, to him, doesn't mean he wants to fight about it. Damn we used to rag on each other bikes all the time at runs/rallies. Nobody ever took that crap serious enough to fight over it ,that I can remember. I think vic's are some very fine bikes, I just like to give you chit about it, what with being on a HD forum and all.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:28 PM
kmnjr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm guessing he was in his mid 20's to mid 30's and do to his vast worldly experience thought he was just helping you out by explaining how the world works Schu. You just can't fix stupid! Congrats on keeping your cool!

Old 07-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't own one, but I also don't have a habit of criticizing people's choices unless asked for my opinion.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:03 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kmnjr
I'm guessing he was in his mid 20's to mid 30's and do to his vast worldly experience thought he was just helping you out by explaining how the world works Schu. You just can't fix stupid! Congrats on keeping your cool!
I would have guessed him about 25. I told him I didn't care if he thought my bike ugly, but when he got all sarcastic about it and said that's not what he said, that's when I decided to say something.
Like I said in my original post, I was just gonna kid him around a little about it, but then it turned into something else.

Quick Reply: riders who won't put money where there mouth is