The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 01:14 PM
fast2live
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man here we go!!!!! Now its who is the real bar brawler.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:15 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by fast2live
No please......i dont think i can handle another lecture on aerodynamics.
my objection to fringe is strictly fashion statement. kinda like vertical or horizontal stripes based on your state of fitness ...

Old 07-03-2011, 01:24 PM
fast2live
Tourer

Originally Posted by alkay191
my objection to fringe is strictly fashion statement. kinda like vertical or horizontal stripes based on your state of fitness ...
I know but the scientific reason for having fringe on the fringe, concho, and stud thread was awesome........lmao but now you have me wondering what the story with wearing plaid would be.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:32 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
Yeah, sorry, I wasn't so much thinking about scuffles where there's mostly pushing and shoving, maybe a couple of weak punches.

A real fight where someone is wanting to inflict damage is a whole nother thing. Last fight I got into, had to drive myself to the E.R. to get my mouth stiched back up, courtesy of a sucker punch. Also have a 4 inch scar on my right wrist from the worst bar fight I ever got into, more than 25 years ago, brought about due to my big mouth.

Then there is the tv idealized version, where there's 10 guys on both sides, lots of punches thrown, followed by pats on the back and rounds of beer all around. I haven't participated in that one yet.
not for nothing but i think my description is more the norm and yours is the tv/hollywood idealized version of a bar brawl.

i'm not a bar brawler to be honest though, this was the first bar fight i've been in many years. i'm typically very easy going and don't hang around loud mouths who look for fights, i'm married now and don't bother with bars just happened to be visiting some friends in long beach. when i was younger i was looking to get laid not get into fights.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by babalu
not for nothing but i think my description is more the norm and yours is the tv/hollywood idealized version of a bar brawl.

i'm not a bar brawler to be honest though, this was the first bar fight i've been in many years. i'm typically very easy going and don't hang around loud mouths who look for fights, i'm married now and don't bother with bars just happened to be visiting some friends in long beach. when i was younger i was looking to get laid not get into fights.
I'm not putting myself out there as a bar fighter. My scars are a reminder to watch my mouth (getting older helped, as well as quitting drinking). The last fight was about a year and a half ago, and started with an argument that got out of control. Sucker punch to the left side of my mouth, followed by punches and grabbing and bouncers in the middle. The "fight" lasted probably 30 seconds from the first punch to the bouncers jumping in. I drove myself to the E.R. to get my mouth stiched up from where my left canine tooth punched a hole clear through my lower lip. The other guy (a friend) wound up going to court ordered rehab. That was his first rehab, his second was about 3 months ago, and he's somewhat cleaned up now, but he's still in denial over the extent of his drug problem.

I probably shouldn't have said anything to begin with, and I've apologized for it already.

Last edited by Mike; 07-03-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:53 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by fast2live
I know but the scientific reason for having fringe on the fringe, concho, and stud thread was awesome........lmao but now you have me wondering what the story with wearing plaid would be.
yeah, the dude sounded well educated. either NASA engineer or someone who stays at Holiday Inn Express often.

all I know is that you're not suppose to mix plaid with stripes, but we might need some clarification from our local expert VABear.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Potatohead7
Novice

I got into riding a motorcycle because I have always loved "riding" just about anything from horses, 4-wheelers, snowmobiles, jet skis, you name it. When I started riding motorcycles, I started out Kawasaki, Suzuki then got my first Harley, a Heritage softail. Then my wife started riding and we now ride an Ultra Classic. I ride Harley because they make an awesome motorcycle. I like the sound, the feel and the ride. The stigma...? Yeah, we bought some Harley duds but the we didn't buy into the "dark side" of Harley that seems to be there at times. All the skulls and death mentallity I avoid at all cost. I don't know why Harley wants to attach itself to death. Motorcycle riding is dangerous in itself, and death is inevitable for all of us, but I focus on light and life. I am glad Harley makes a fun collection of clothing that can be enjoyed without demons, skulls and devils. I am a Christian and I enjoy my Harley too!

Old 07-03-2011, 02:08 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Potatohead7
All the skulls and death mentallity I avoid at all cost. I don't know why Harley wants to attach itself to death.
Profit.
The MOCO is cashing in on providing alter-ego.

Old 07-03-2011, 02:13 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Old 07-03-2011, 02:15 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

oh man now skulls are no good? i've always loved skulls, we use to get skulls on our head gear after pinning someone in high school, in the military skulls were huge. i had a skull tattoo long before a harley. i can't believe skulls are no good now too, jesus what is a guy to do?

they should make some sort of pamphlet about all these rules.

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??