The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

To be clear, I was not questioning your's or anyone on particular's devotion to family. If you took it that way, I truly apologize. I was referring to the stereotype (and all stereotypes start from some level of truth) that the biker subculture fosters time away from family and selfish hedonism. In earlier posts, I have said that virtually no one here fits neatly into either category (biker or poser). I try not to put anyone in either category, that is for the individual to do for themselves. Again, I apologize if I offended. Things get lost in translation on a forum.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:26 AM
fast2live
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaved Ice
To be clear, I was not questioning your's or anyone on particular's devotion to family. If you took it that way, I truly apologize. I was referring to the stereotype (and all stereotypes start from some level of truth) that the biker subculture fosters time away from family and selfish hedonism. In earlier posts, I have said that virtually no one here fits neatly into either category (biker or poser). I try not to put anyone in either category, that is for the individual to do for themselves. Again, I apologize if I offended. Things get lost in translation on a forum.
Right on....apology accepted. Id drink to it but the natives here would get restless.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:26 AM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i have no idea if someone is really in special forces or not, i just find it amazing that out of the millions of service members only current or former special forces members seem to post online, no matter which message board it is.

i was a lowly comm tech with 9th crime battalion and the 15th MEU. out of the thousands of Marines and squids i served with i think 30 of them were either seals or force recon. yet judging by online activity you would think it was the other way around.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:27 AM
razzoo
Cruiser

I see posts saying to be real (which I agree with), but if you are yourself, you may find that you just don't fit in... (kind of a catch 22 no?)

Most 'bikers' are not likely not impressed when they see me on an old evo Sporty wearing a mesh jacket and ff helmet in the 90+ degree heat, (and even less impressed when they see me wearing the same stuff when riding my '00 Triumph sport tourer). Not a real problem for me as I have 53 years practice at doing my own thing. I didn't meld my life to fit in with the corporate types (I have been in corp IT for 27 years) and I don't plan to start melding my life to fit Hollywood's image of a biker. I do care what a small group (that I respect) think, but as for everyone else - not a rat's ***.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:29 AM
fast2live
Tourer

Originally Posted by meatsack
Wow...this is the lamest thread I've seen yet.

Everyone is a "poseur" when they first start out. LOL.

I'm a a cube monkey, no tattoos and I go to church every Sunday. I also own a bad-*** harley jacket. That makes me a bad *** biker.
Come on man you should get a tattoo of a cube monkey.....that would be cool.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:30 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by firefighter616
Seen it, it's pretty funny
at the end of the story they are divorced paying a ton of alimony and child support, dating a psycho stripper, living large in a garage Apt. Paying on an 883
....seen the writing on the wall, so sold the FLSTN, got a couple of jap bikes since I knew she was getting half....
Divorce, child support, 25K to custody lawyer, no strippers, but few crazy bitches (I attract psychos, with lots of baggage and daddy issues) ....

I had my race bikes paid for and I worked the schools and as race official to pay for my racing habit.
No bike payments since divorce destroyed my credit. The only way to ride was to buy, ride and sell. Repeat over and over till I saved up enough to keep and re-do the Shovel . Sold my race bike to buy the Twinkie, so both harleys are paid for as well as the rest of my junk yard. I love not having the payment.
I'm still a dick, though.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:31 AM
fast2live
Tourer

Originally Posted by babalu
i have no idea if someone is really in special forces or not, i just find it amazing that out of the millions of service members only current or former special forces members seem to post online, no matter which message board it is.

i was a lowly comm tech with 9th crime battalion and the 15th MEU. out of the thousands of Marines and squids i served with i think 30 of them were either seals or force recon. yet judging by online activity you would think it was the other way around.
Nice!!!! I spent a few years in 2nd rad bn 2nd SRIG ........it was either 8th or 9th criminals back in french creek at Lejeune with us.....i wanna say 8th but this was back in 94 and ive lost a few brain cells since then.

Last edited by fast2live; 07-03-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:33 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by razzoo
I see posts saying to be real (which I agree with), but if you are yourself, you may find that you just don't fit in... (kind of a catch 22 no?)

Most 'bikers' are not likely not impressed when they see me on an old evo Sporty wearing a mesh jacket and ff helmet in the 90+ degree heat, (and even less impressed when they see me wearing the same stuff when riding my '00 Triumph sport tourer). Not a real problem for me as I have 53 years practice at doing my own thing. I didn't meld my life to fit in with the corporate types (I have been in corp IT for 27 years) and I don't plan to start melding my life to fit Hollywood's image of a biker. I do care what a small group (that I respect) think, but as for everyone else - not a rat's ***.
Attn posers!
Be like this guy and I won't call you names.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:52 AM
fast2live
Tourer

Originally Posted by alkay191
Attn posers!
Be like this guy and I won't call you names.
Aww come on....a whole thread was just made about you calling people names.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:27 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fast2live
Nice!!!! I spent a few years in 2nd rad bn 2nd SRIG ........it was either 8th or 9th criminals back in french creek at Lejeune with us.....i wanna say 8th but this was back in 94 and ive lost a few brain cells since then.
9th crime bn is west coast, camp pendleton, 15th MEU was the expeditionary unit out of miramar. i shared a birthing on two deployments with the radbn guys, they were a tight unit, good guys, it was a long time ago for me too, all i remember about them now is was they loved wrestling, like WWE, and lived on protein bars on ship. i was with the S6, "you can talk about us, but you can't talk without us"...

it's funny because force recon was ordered to HQ company not the infantry, and they constantly bugged the comm guys trying to learn our sh*t for when they got out of the marines. i had two force recon guys studying for their MCSE on my first deployment. they were very laid back and i doubt i would see any of them on message boards talking about how they were force recon.

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??