The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 10:51 AM
supercrewser
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess some people are hard to please, next time I get a tattoo I will be sure to let it heal before I ride so no one thinks Im a poser( Like I give a crap).Sounds like real bikers have enough time to judge other people instead of riding in their spare time.Guess I better quit judging then.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Markk9
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

What about the people that buy the bike for the bike? I have always wanted a V-Rod, not into the normal H-D air cooled bikes at all. I'm not into the whole pirate looking thing, I will buy a T-shirt now and again. I wear full gear and a full face helmet, no tattoos on my body.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:57 AM
fast2live
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Next thing you know yuppies will be trying to dress like skinheads. Dear God I hope that never happens.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:57 AM
32vld
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question:

What does it say about adult men fighting over who wears what when why where and how?

Answer:

Old 06-23-2011, 10:58 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by fast2live
Next thing you know yuppies will be trying to dress like skinheads. Dear God I hope that never happens.
LOL hope they wear wrong color laces for the occasion!

Old 06-23-2011, 11:01 AM
jdunn01
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Man I can’t believe this ****! Here we were the other day all hanging out at the 19th hole of country club on our brand new Harley s polished to a tee, sporting our brand new leathers without any scuffs on it. Wearing our Harley Chino’s, new Harley golf shoes and Harley Golf shirts and drinking ice tea with our pinky in the air (LOL). We were discussing how successful we have become that we can now afford to enjoy a few hours of freedom each week from the pressures of being successful and the trappings that come with that (Mortgage, car payment, college tuition for the kids, etc) with our helmeted heads in the wind being “real bikers”. ( being all safe and all since we just passed our motorcycle safety class).
Along comes some scruffy, fat, drunk wannabe “biker” dressed in tattered leather with all these ugly patches ( for god sakes he even had a 1% patch that must have been used to call out his bike as the 1% of bikes on the road that don’t look like they just came off the show room floor), ripped up jeans, bugs in his ZZ Top beard and riding the oldest, dirtiest, rusted up POS Harley we “real riders” have ever seen. Looked like he just appeared out of scene from Easy Rider (hey dude Jack wants his look back)
I mean can you believe the gall of someone who would tarnish our image of the “real bikers” that we have become? We couldn’t let this happen! After all who the hell did he think he was showing up at our club house not dressed like we were or wearing the same line of clothing! Unbelievable!
We decided that in order to preserve the life style we had so recently adopted we were going to have to do something about this wannabe.
Biff, Prescott, Ellington and I marched right out into the parking lot to have a “talk” with this numskull. As we approached he jumped off his bike and started cursing (I know I can’t believe it either as we were in the country club parking lot after all) like a sailor and pulled a chain and a knife out and started chasing Prescott around the parking lot. Well this was big mistake because Prescott used to run track in high school and this guy obviously had not exercised I some time (I mean he had a beer belly for Christ sakes). Prescott skipped along just out of reach and led him on a wild goose chase around the back of the club house. Once they were out of site Biff and Ellington went to work on the guys “bike”. Biff pulled out his brand new Bike Bright Blue Polishing kit while Ellington went to working washing and scrubbing the filth off the bike. After a total of 10 minutes we had transformed his bike into a showroom quality machine that we could proudly park next to ours. Just about then Prescott came skipping by with the “biker” out of breath and staggering badly behind him. As Prescott passed by the bike we heard the most blood curdling sound come out of the “biker” as he feel to his knees screaming and crying something about “real bikers”. As he rolled over to his back sobbing, Ellington hit him with hose (the water silly) and Biff went to work on his beard trimming it down to neat looking Van Dyke. At this point the “biker” had been reduced to sobbing although clean mess. Not to be outdone by my brethren I dashed into the club house and quickly purchased a striking canary yellow Harley polo shirt to replace the reprehensible and greased stained Sturgis tee the “biker” was wearing. Once the “biker” had recovered enough to placed back on his ride we kicked him out of parking lot with a stern warning not to return until he could represent the true “real biker” properly.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:01 AM
shopewell
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh man, Frenchman cracks me up! I just had a realization that I'm the "Frenchman" at work! One of my jobs is as an Avalanche rescue team. Been in that business for a little while. We had training with several other crews from other areas the other day. We spent a good part of the morning sitting around b!tching about how the new guys coming up are too sensitive, can't take a hit, just do the job to brag to their friends that their Avalanche pros. Holy crap, I'm the crotchety old biker of the Avalanche world!

I'd like to sit with frenchman and have a beer-I bet he's got some good stories. They probably start with, "back when I was young..."

Old 06-23-2011, 11:03 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by 32vld
Question:

What does it say about adult men fighting over who wears what when why where and how?

Answer:

who's fighting??? I find them sexy

Old 06-23-2011, 11:10 AM
NightsRider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by shopewell
Oh man, Frenchman cracks me up! I just had a realization that I'm the "Frenchman" at work! One of my jobs is as an Avalanche rescue team. Been in that business for a little while. We had training with several other crews from other areas the other day. We spent a good part of the morning sitting around b!tching about how the new guys coming up are too sensitive, can't take a hit, just do the job to brag to their friends that their Avalanche pros. Holy crap, I'm the crotchety old biker of the Avalanche world!

I'd like to sit with frenchman and have a beer-I bet he's got some good stories. They probably start with, "back when I was young..."
I work in tech, at 36 I am the crotchety old everything in my office. Thank god I can shut the door and listen to my "classic rock" in peace. These peolpe think there must be two different Metallicas. For the most part I agree, one I will listen to and the other I will not.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:19 AM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,749 Likes on 798 Posts

Originally Posted by NightsRider
I work in tech, at 36 I am the crotchety old everything in my office. Thank god I can shut the door and listen to my "classic rock" in peace. These peolpe think there must be two different Metallicas. For the most part I agree, one I will listen to and the other I will not.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HOakIKuJaY

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??