The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by fast2live
You mean to tell me you were a SF guy and you cant take dick measuring or story telling? Ive worked with Spec Op guys for about the last 13 yrs and thats a subculture that totally hates posers and doesnt hesitate to call one out. You have more wannabe spec op guys running around than wannabe bikers. The worst part is the wannabe poser will get you smoked down range and thats nothing to make fun of....unlike here.
I am still in SF and your right about us. The difference is, we don't talk **** in public settings. True confidence in who you are is displayed by what you don't say. I realize this is a forum, but there are a lot more motorcycle enthusiasts than there are bikers. SF guys might tell a story or two but they wouldn't openly talk **** about the non-SOF guys around them. I suspect the few true bikers on this forum know who they are and rarely engage in this type of banter. That is true confidence and they have my respect for that and for staying true to what they believe in. They are the ones that don't feel the need to justify themselves to anyone.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:24 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Old 07-01-2011, 02:33 PM
fast2live
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaved Ice
I am still in SF and your right about us. The difference is, we don't talk **** in public settings. True confidence in who you are is displayed by what you don't say. I realize this is a forum, but there are a lot more motorcycle enthusiasts than there are bikers. SF guys might tell a story or two but they wouldn't openly talk **** about the non-SOF guys around them. I suspect the few true bikers on this forum know who they are and rarely engage in this type of banter. That is true confidence and they have my respect for that and for staying true to what they believe in. They are the ones that don't feel the need to justify themselves to anyone.
If thats the case id think you would stay quiet.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:35 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

. I suspect the few true bikers on this forum know who they are and rarely engage in this type of banter. That is true confidence and they have my respect for that and for staying true to what they believe in.
So to get your respect, I need to keep quiet and NOT call you out for being an *** when you dress or act like an *** ?

Old 07-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Quiet, yes about what I do.

I am all about calling someone out who is acting like an ***. I am not about being spineless enough to not say anything to there face when it happens, but then jump on the internet and gossip about them like old women.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Agent777
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ya know, I used to feel good about my shiny new RG and the quality clothes I got from the dealer. Then I started reading this forum. Now I don't feel so good because I see it's upsetting a bunch who think they should be the ones to dictate who can and cannot ride, what they should ride and what they should wear. I pity those who in order to make themselves feel superior must belittle others. What ever happened to "Live and let live?"

Old 07-01-2011, 03:32 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Agent777
Ya know, I used to feel good about my shiny new RG and the quality clothes I got from the dealer. Then I started reading this forum
that would make an excellent signature line
sorry, couldn't resist

you still should agent. it's all about doing what you want

Old 07-01-2011, 03:33 PM
fast2live
Tourer

Quiet, yes about what I do.

I am all about calling someone out who is acting like an ***. I am not about being spineless enough to not say anything to there face when it happens, but then jump on the internet and gossip about them like old women.
Sometimes its easier just to point and laugh..........i personally like to just smile and nod......... Its like when people ask me what kind of gun they should buy and i ask them if they have ever fired a gun and they say no.........

Last edited by fast2live; 07-01-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:43 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by moparnut426
Ok, It irritates the crap out of me when someone, 2 people at work, buy a harley, in this case a pair of trikes, and think they are total bad asses. I mean litterly overnight they went from polaris snowmobile riders, and honda quad riders to a "bad *** biker" She even went a got a freekin tattoo on her lower forearm.

And when she hopps on her trike, her elbows go up, her back arches, she lights up a cigarette, and puts on her best bad *** look.

Total posers. Ive been riding bikes all my life, and have been on a harley for a while now, but I havent gone nutso over having a harley. Yes I give the metric guys crap, but they dish it back.

The other day I was in a dealer who had 2 stores, metric, and Harley. This dude came inn litterally wearing a pair of dress shorts, flops, and a golfers polo. Must have had cash cause while I was buying my Ultra he bought a street glide, a leather coat, a bunch of shirts, chaps, gloves, and boots. An overnight transformation.

Im sure he was gearing up for Sturgis, or Algona or something just so his ego could feel warm and fuzzy.

Kind of a rant here, but man I wishthe POSERS would just stick to the leadwings,

Kasey
It realy doesnt matter, ride what you like and dress how you like. I used to let different lifestyles of biker personalities irritate me, but I dont anymore, that is what the throttle is for, I can go when I want and where I want.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Garandman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by schumacher
just ran across this while googling images for something

hehehehe

Originally Posted by fast2live
You mean to tell me you were a SF guy and you cant take dick measuring or story telling? Ive worked with Spec Op guys for about the last 13 yrs and thats a subculture that totally hates posers and doesnt hesitate to call one out. You have more wannabe spec op guys running around than wannabe bikers. The worst part is the wannabe poser will get you smoked down range and thats nothing to make fun of....unlike here.

Last edited by Garandman; 07-01-2011 at 03:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??