The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 12:19 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
The new mom mobil around here the yuppie version of the Land Rover and the Mercedes Sprinter 4x4 , they don't even see a dirt road .
Rover is the vehicle of choice for some"well to do" Ruskies too. They replaced armored BMWs.

I love 60s-70s Rovers, but damn, they are pricey.
Got turned onto Jeeps many years ago with an old CJ5 and haven't looked back.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:29 PM
jimmything
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by nhbiker1961
I was at laconia Bike week last week and I was in traffic. The guy in front of me was riding an electra glide standard. He had the look. Shaved head, tats all over his arms with a bandage on his brand new tat to keep it out of the sun. This guy could not ride a bike for ****! He revved the bike up to about 4k and barley let the clutch out. You could smell the clutch every time he stopped and started up again. Once he got moving in traffic, he was wobbling all over the road like a kid riding a bicycle for the first time. I felt like telling him to learn how to ride before coming to events like Laconia where he could hurt himself and others.
Now, that's f*ckn funny. Guess the tat gave him away.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:34 PM
dsbfxdwg
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bjewell
I see these guys all the time at the Sunday open mic at the Torch Club here in Sactown in their Hawaiian shirts, new tattoos, goatees and pointy boots trying to be "blues" guys with their pretend old guitars and reissue made-in-China amps. They take posing to a level you cannot imagine, even in the dealerships...
Oh boy! Musician posers are the worst! At least when they step up to play you can tell if they are actually posers or not, cuz most of them can't play for s**t. It's one thing to know your scales and something else to know how to use them. Playing pentatonics at lightning speed does not make you a blues player! I can buy a big box of tools and it doesn't mean I can fix my daughter's bicycle.

I'm mostly a strat guy, so I don't know about the Gibson reissue stuff, but a lot of those relic strats are actually pretty decent playing and sounding instruments IMHO... not that I'd own one.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

.Your attitude is a prime example of what several people in here have ranted about ,you've got no clue and less respect coming...most of you will never know about those times and that's your loss .
I comprehend that you and others have been part of the motorcycle subculture for most/all of your lives. I have had my MC licence since I was 14 (41 now), I was just not obsessive about like some of you. So please don't be offended that I don't show "respect" by the romantisized lifestyle you've obsessed about your whole life. Like all subcultures, there are positive and negative aspects to biker culture. None of you ever have in depth threads about the negative **** though, because it doesn't make you look cool. I assure you, I am highly successful in my subculture(Green Beret for 20 years), therefore I really don't feel like I have missed out by not being part of yours all my life. While I have dealt with high school drop outs and drug addicts, they haven't been my peers.

I don't mind when you guys talk about the good old days, except when you start dick measuring. It doesn't bother me when you all get I'm a circle jerk to make eachother feel better. When you start be-littling others to make your circle jerk better that is where you lose respect. r. But my opinion doesn't matter. So carry on.

Last edited by Shaved Ice; 07-01-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:18 PM
SMFtwstdHICK
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the sport bud you'll do just fine , I'll have a beer with you anytime . Unlike a lot in here you have a clue what it's all about and why .
Sounds good man.
Originally Posted by alkay191
I'm a Jeep guy, so thats where I notice that stuff a lot. Brand new Rubicon rolling on 35s with every possible rack, net, jerry can and tall jack holder..... and you know damn well that rig will never see rock. I'd be surprised if it got into gravel parking lot.
Embarrassed to admit, but we don't get off road much these days, but our Jeep didn't get lifted "as if". OL just loves going topless. (pun intended)
Yep, got a lot of those rigs rolling around where I live. Hell, on some, the front driveshaft is missing cause it's rolling so high. hehe. Maybe they take it off for street ? And then , maybe they become the "badass" 4 wheeler when they hit the dirt. lol..

I am with ya on the not getting off road these days. Need front gears and all the money extra is for the son, family and saving for the bike.

Off roading is not high on the list right now. Plus, the gas prices? ****.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:23 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dsbfxdwg
I'm mostly a strat guy, so I don't know about the Gibson reissue stuff, but a lot of those relic strats are actually pretty decent playing and sounding instruments IMHO... not that I'd own one.
Of course they play nice. They are american standard, just made to look worn (I think Fender calls their series "road worn"). They beat the living begeezus out of those mexican made shitshovels. I tryed a made in Mexico Jazz bass. The neck was OK, and it wasn't properly set up, but the sound is lightyears away from the japanese or even american made Jazz bass. I settled for a Geddy Lee signature made in Japan. Still saving my pennies to get a Rick 4003 or 4001.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:44 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Gypsylady
Well, the guy who built my ride is a redhead & he's always been pretty hot...But the dude I married has brown hair. I'm equal opportunity like that!
thanks

Old 07-01-2011, 01:52 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

just ran across this while googling images for something

hehehehe

Old 07-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"
Received 1,980 Likes on 755 Posts

Good one, Schu!

Old 07-01-2011, 01:56 PM
fast2live
Tourer

Originally Posted by Shaved Ice
I comprehend that you and others have been part of the motorcycle subculture for most/all of your lives. I have had my MC licence since I was 14 (41 now), I was just not obsessive about like some of you. So please don't be offended that I don't show "respect" by the romantisized lifestyle you've obsessed about your whole life. Like all subcultures, there are positive and negative aspects to biker culture. None of you ever have in depth threads about the negative **** though, because it doesn't make you look cool. I assure you, I am highly successful in my subculture(Green Beret for 20 years), therefore I really don't feel like I have missed out by not being part of yours all my life. While I have dealt with high school drop outs and drug addicts, they haven't been my peers.

I don't mind when you guys talk about the good old days, except when you start dick measuring. It doesn't bother me when you all get I'm a circle jerk to make eachother feel better. When you start be-littling others to make your circle jerk better that is where you lose respect. r. But my opinion doesn't matter. So carry on.
You mean to tell me you were a SF guy and you cant take dick measuring or story telling? Ive worked with Spec Op guys for about the last 13 yrs and thats a subculture that totally hates posers and doesnt hesitate to call one out. You have more wannabe spec op guys running around than wannabe bikers. The worst part is the wannabe poser will get you smoked down range and thats nothing to make fun of....unlike here.

Last edited by fast2live; 07-01-2011 at 02:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??