The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 06:45 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by matt1080
So let me see if I understand this correctly your judging someone you know nothing about based on what there wearing and what YOU think someone should look like buying a bike? Just a little back story for you. I bought my first Harley a couple of weeks ago. Have wanted one most of my life but wasnt able to afford one. Struggled when I was younger and barley got by. Finally got a descent paying job and bust my *** and work 60 hours a week to make good money for the last few years. I went into the dealer and wearing burberry shorts and a burberry polo because thats something else that ive always like and can now finally afford and Im the dick because im buying a bike? Maybe you should be a little more secure with your life and not judge other people so much. You dont know what the other person has been through or gone through. Sorry for my rant here it just pisses me off because for most of my life I had problems even buying food and people would look down on me for not having money now I can afford nice things and people are going to look down on you for that? Grow up everyone and be happy where you are in life. Also as a sidenote I had the most pleasent buying experience of my life at that dealer and have since went back 4 seperate times to purchase things for my new bike. So sorry for keeping the economy moving. Also sorry for being a "Poser" as you say for buying something I always wanted and can finally have. Also pretty sure if it wasnt for us "Posers" harley would be out of business or made in some factory in china by now. Next time I go to buy a bike ill be sure to shoot you a message and see how I should dress and act before I go.
Let me splain something if you haven't gotten it yet....

Good for you that you can finally afford that expencive twice a week toy.... for some here it has been 24/7/365 way of life. They and I have every right to be judgemental weather you like it or not.

No one here will treat you as poser unless you act like one. If you seek acceptance you need to act accordingly. If you chose not to, like some of us here chose not to accept society as it is, then accept the consequences ... simple as that.
We all make choices in life. We pick our path and we pick our friends and companions. Are you that surprised that people who are clearly not like you, don't give a flying FCK your accomplishments? Maybe your wife or your friends would be easier to impress.
I certainly don't care what you think of me, my bikes, my job or my choices ... I'm not living for you, so will not be seeking your acceptance on an open forum.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:06 AM
Dilemma
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No one here will treat you as poser unless you act like one
It took me a few weeks to understand this between all the ranting and raving, but now I do.

As for his achievements? I applaud someone who fukin' WORKS to achieve something. Too many people these days sit on their fat azz looking for handouts. So for that, I say good on ya.

Looking for kudos on in Internet forum however probably won't happen.

I gotta go. It's 81 degrees at 7:00am, dripping humidity, and I got welds to make. *** me runnin'.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:10 AM
Garandman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

/ So sorry for keeping the economy moving. Also sorry for being a "Poser" as you say for buying something I always wanted and can finally have. Also pretty sure if it wasnt for us "Posers" harley would be out of business or made in some factory in china by now. Next time I go to buy a bike ill be sure to shoot you a message and see how I should dress and act before I go.
I don't think he's saying that buying a new bike makes you a poser. It's the "Badass in a box" that makes everyone puke.

Pulled up to Boston HD a few weeks ago on a Friday night. There were three guys there dressed in Harley uniform: flat black brain bucket, black tshirt, jeans, ****-kickers: but all of it looked like they'd just taken it out of the box. All three of them appeared to be in their late 30's and never been in shape in their lives. One of them even had a German-style helmet with the rim. I've never seen a more ridiculous, Gumby looking crew in my life.

I wear a hi-viz coat (usually) and white FF helmet (always) and never been a "cool guy." I just ride. What drives me nuts are the riders who wear regular riding gear on their other bikes, but when they get on their HD it's the HD uniform. You fool no one, not even yourself. Halloween is in October.

Last edited by Garandman; 07-01-2011 at 07:21 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:22 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

And again I suppose you didnt read my post were I stated I rode for years and took a break from it. I guess in your version of a perfect world your only suppose to ride a Harley if it was the only thing youve ever ridden and have been riding since youve been able to and have never stopped. Well I commend you only your brand loyalty and as much as I love Harleys I have more important **** in my life than to make it the top of my list. Ill take my bike out a couple times a week and enjoy it and not let people like you discourage my good time. I do totally agree with you on one thing. Walmart is the BEST place to buy ammo.
Matt,

As long as you don't hang out at the dealership in full garb acting tough while the riding weather is nice outside, you're cool with me.

~Joe

Last edited by traveler; 07-01-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:32 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by nmaineron
I didn't read through all the posts but I will add my 2 cents if they are worth that much.Most of the people buying the new bikes wouldn't have bought the AMF oil dripping,looking better in the back of a truck, antiquated engineering etc. etc etc. what we got from all the wannabes that wouldn't pay the dues.I took so much **** for owning a Harley back in the 70's.What bothers me more is that some of those doing the dishing have gone out and bought the lifestyle with all the amenities and have become a walking historian to boot.

If I have to explain you would never understand.

The new breed will have a story to tell,It will just be different.
I would think it would have been hard for anybody to wnat to buy a BRAND NEW bike that's dripping oil on the showroom floor.

AMF bikes are fine.....just need to be gone over, and replace the **** stuff. My next scoot will be a cone shovel....that I will completely rebuild. My new bagger is the rider.....hands are getting itchy, need to start wrenchin' again.

~Joe

Old 07-01-2011, 07:32 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

I won't be impressed by your Halloween costume, but I ain't gonna call you out on it. Or invite you to ride.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:02 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Garandman

I wear a hi-viz coat (usually) and white FF helmet (always) and never been a "cool guy." I just ride. What drives me nuts are the riders who wear regular riding gear on their other bikes, but when they get on their HD it's the HD uniform..
BRAVO

I'm the same way. I got an 20 year old "cafe racer" leather jacket (kinda hard to zip these days), that had seen 2 dozen bikes and many miles... and waterproof textile that I wear when I travel. Full face for any kind of longer rides. Lately, instead of my dorky 70's 3/4 helmet I've been wearing MX helmet.
Don't dress to impress. When I meet riders I look at the tire wear and odometer. That tells the story.

btw, I'm stealing your "badass in a box" line. that cracked me up.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:06 AM
matt1080
Advanced

Originally Posted by traveler
Matt,

As long as you don't hang out at the dealership in full garb acting tough while the riding weather is nice outside, you're cool with me.

~Joe
And just for the record. When I bought my bike I left with a bike and a matte black helmet. The only thing that said Harley on it when I left was the bike and the reciept.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:06 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dilemma

As for his achievements? I applaud someone who fukin' WORKS to achieve something. Too many people these days sit on their fat azz looking for handouts. So for that, I say good on ya.
Applaud for something we all have to do? Since when going to work everyday and busting your butt for your family or your toys is an accomplishment? Thats just life. We do what needs to be done.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:17 AM
Dilemma
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
Applaud for something we all have to do? Since when going to work everyday and busting your butt for your family or your toys is an accomplishment? Thats just life. We do what needs to be done.
Because a LOT of people don't share that idel. You can't deny it.

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??