The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 10:56 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I shop online (oh, sorry, I can't own guns here, so, let's say my wife does the shopping, if you know what I mean). And, don't laugh, walmart rules when it comes to 9mm in a bulk. I think I saw a box of 200 for 50 bucks there (on sale).
Rifle ammo, on the other hand, is expensive as ****. It's almost worth getting a press and putting the time in (better ammo anyway).

Old 06-30-2011, 10:59 PM
matt1080
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchman
Read Babalu's post # 525. Read it again. And then, ask your wife to read it loud for you. Repeat that until you understand what he wrote, because that's a post that says it all. Over and out.
And again I suppose you didnt read my post were I stated I rode for years and took a break from it. I guess in your version of a perfect world your only suppose to ride a Harley if it was the only thing youve ever ridden and have been riding since youve been able to and have never stopped. Well I commend you only your brand loyalty and as much as I love Harleys I have more important **** in my life than to make it the top of my list. Ill take my bike out a couple times a week and enjoy it and not let people like you discourage my good time. I do totally agree with you on one thing. Walmart is the BEST place to buy ammo.

Last edited by matt1080; 06-30-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:11 PM
nmaineron
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't read through all the posts but I will add my 2 cents if they are worth that much.Most of the people buying the new bikes wouldn't have bought the AMF oil dripping,looking better in the back of a truck, antiquated engineering etc. etc etc. what we got from all the wannabes that wouldn't pay the dues.I took so much **** for owning a Harley back in the 70's.What bothers me more is that some of those doing the dishing have gone out and bought the lifestyle with all the amenities and have become a walking historian to boot.

If I have to explain you would never understand.

The new breed will have a story to tell,It will just be different.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:17 PM
DeckerDude
Road Master

Originally Posted by dan conner
The posers provide us with well maintained low mileage used bikes. They are a very important part of the supply chain. accept them for what they are--some of them will even become bikers!
How true and very funny chit.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:34 AM
fast2live
Tourer

Originally Posted by dothedoo
Bob Ross was awesome. I never really saw him paint anything 'cuz I was focused on his hair and hyponotized by his soothing voice. He would whisper..."there we go" and I'd be out.
Lmao i know!!!!!! if Bob Ross told me to drink the blue koolaid id be done for......he was the man.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:43 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

We're hitting some extremes on both sides of the fence I think and I'll make no bones about I'm old school with a lot of the attitudes . I have zero problem with a guy who works his way up to what he whats and I could care less how much money he makes or his lifestyle . Where that kinda falls apart for me is the old " " I always wanted a Harley But ......" statement what that means is the guy saying that wants a shiny new bike not a harley . If you really want something there's always a way to get it , just doesn't have to be new . I wanted a harley bad was making $2 over minimum wage and just had a kid so I wheeled & dealed , did odd jobs , worked the overtime , bought & sold parts , ect. till I had a shot at an old rat panhead and got it and I had a running BSA as my daily ride . Of course it needed work so I learned how to save cost's and got good at it . I was 23 so to me if you really want something you'll find a way to get it , all the excuses are just that excuses and no real desire to have that harley .If it's got to be new your after something entirely different .

It's the guys that had to do it like I did that sometimes get tilted about new wave of riders who walked in tossed down the credit card and rode out , these are the ones wearing all the moco gear at everything that has do with HD every weekend and it's all about being seen for for them trying to be part of . Sad part is the real part is gone , it's been smothered or driven out by this big family affair things have turned into as long as you have money that is .

There's still some real people out there and in here funny thing is we're the ones most of you look down on or shake the head at when out in public because we don't look like or act like the rest of you .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 07-01-2011 at 04:11 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:07 AM
bikenut1957
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,068 Likes on 701 Posts

A motorcycle is just that "A Motorcycle" it is the rider that makes it a animate object. So, therefore a motorcycle will do nothing untill it is mounted and rode. The rider is the key. With that being said, You could acually have all the gear and no motorcycle or a motorcycle and no gear or somewhere in between. To say that it change's you, well hell ya it does. Even the old timers had to start somewhere, they did'nt squirt out with a fricken bike between their legs. Ya' dig?

Old 07-01-2011, 05:39 AM
razzoo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by matt1080
So let me see if I understand this correctly your judging someone you know nothing about based on what there wearing and what YOU think someone should look like buying a bike? Just a little back story for you. I bought my first Harley a couple of weeks ago. Have wanted one most of my life but wasnt able to afford one. Struggled when I was younger and barley got by. Finally got a descent paying job and bust my *** and work 60 hours a week to make good money for the last few years. I went into the dealer and wearing burberry shorts and a burberry polo because thats something else that ive always like and can now finally afford and Im the dick because im buying a bike?
I respect someone wearing burberry shorts (if that reflects is who they are) over someone that tries to look like they are out of a bad 60's biker flick when that is NOT who they really are. -- but that's just me.

IMHO you should ride your own ride, be real and not give a rat's *** what other's think.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:47 AM
BearNVa
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fast2live
Lmao i know!!!!!! if Bob Ross told me to drink the blue koolaid id be done for......he was the man.
And here's another little tree, and a bush, and we'll make this a bright blue sky, look at the sky, pretty blue sky... WooooW

Old 07-01-2011, 06:34 AM
Dilemma
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Frenchman, pretty harsh assessment of someone you have never laid eyes on or sat down and had a cold beer with. Everyones situation is different, and everyone comes into things their own way.

His logic is no less valid than yours.

Just sayin'

Matt1080, burberry?! Ewwwwwww! :-)

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??