The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 05:14 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
you really think? that doesn't really seem to be a factor here

You think not ? It's all about if you want to play you have pay anymore for pretty much everything isn't it ? Much more so with anything to do with HD .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 06-30-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:19 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

I can't agree TwiZted, but it's a little hard to express

it's all about what's in my head

Old 06-30-2011, 05:20 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
You think not ? It's all about if you want to play you have pay anymore for pretty much everything isn't it ? Much more so with anything to do with HD .
that's a good point. Easyriders ridiculous admission price comes to mind. never used to be like that

Old 06-30-2011, 05:31 PM
Dilemma
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you really think? that doesn't really seem to be a factor here
Economics 101. (From a construction slug; Take a grain of salt)

If deep pockets come to your endeavor/hobby/way of life, the market will adjust to more $$$ being pumped into it. Prices will rise accordingly.

If I"m running "Dilemmas Harley Davidson" and I begin to see an influx of Doctors, Lawyers and Accountants on my showroom floor purchasing brand new Softails, what would I do? I'd raise prices. Some. Then I would control inventory. A lot. THEN I would look at where I can REALLY raise prices, and jack those items through the roof.

If I'm running "Dilemmas Holiday Inn & Whorehouse" and these Doctors, Lawyers and Accountants start showing up for a rally, with their AmEx Gold Card, guess what,,,,,

Old 06-30-2011, 05:43 PM
schumacher
Club Member

yeh, you guys are right. it's surprising how much non harley gear costs nowadays.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:55 PM
Dilemma
Road Master

why do people always have an issue with guys with a good 9-5, pretty wife, decent house? sounds like jealousy to me.
Their point completely sailed over your white picket fenced house. (Keep calm, I'm just illustrating a point)

it's surprising how much non harley gear costs nowadays.
Naturally. The "HD Lifestyle" transformed the industry. All aspects of it. Look at the plethora of clone bikes out there. That was no accident. Thats manufacturers cashing in on the V-Twin. Yamaha was one of the earlier ones to do it if I recall. Remember the Virago?

Old 06-30-2011, 05:58 PM
schumacher
Club Member

Originally Posted by Dilemma
Their point completely sailed over your white picket fenced house. (Keep calm, I'm just illustrating a point)

Naturally. The "HD Lifestyle" transformed the industry. All aspects of it. Look at the plethora of clone bikes out there. That was no accident. Thats manufacturers cashing in on the V-Twin. Yamaha was one of the earlier ones to do it if I recall. Remember the Virago?
I remember when if you rode a shadow or virago you would get yer *** kicked
Everyone I rode with thought it was pretty cheap of the japanese to do that, especially when Harley was struggling so badly at that time

Old 06-30-2011, 06:58 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
yeh, you guys are right. it's surprising how much non harley gear costs nowadays.
It's the fall out effect . It isn't limited to name products only .

Give you a prime example the little pocket town I live in , was Charlie Chaplins film studios and main haunte back in his day . When I found the place it was a main street 7 bars lots average type people for locals who had lived here forever and a couple annual traditions that drew thousands , had a nice small town feel and and was a great place . In come the money crowd forced all but one of the the bars ( Chaplin's old hangout ) and most of the mom & pop store fronts to close by changing zoning and regulations . In come all these cutsy boutique antique nick knack shops , my taxes jumped , The Niles Flea Market is now the Antique Fair with no drinking of any kind allowed and cops handing out citations to locals for selling out of the driveway which is what started the whole thing in the first place , low level crimes has found us all the things that made this place great are gone except for some of the people and even the the originals who have been in the housing areas since the 50's are bailing out . All this because of the few with money played the system and changed everything for everyone else around whether they wanted it or not . Worse part is the owners of these shops don't even live here they all come across the bay from the big money area's . Change can a good thing when all benefit just seems like it's always the few who do and it's the rest of us paying the freight .

Old 06-30-2011, 07:23 PM
Dilemma
Road Master

Same **** happened to my mom and dads cabin. They built the place on a lake "Up North" before "Up North" was the trendy thing to do. And when I say built, I mean my dad fukin' BUILT it. Him and all his cement finisher buddies. Lotta pride in the place.

Ten years later, here comes the $$. They start building these fukin' 5000Sq/ft lake shore homes. Property taxes went through the roof. If the place wasnt paid for, I doubt they could keep it on a fixed income. They are both retired.

It also raised the value of their place tremendously, but that wasn't why they built to begin with. They wanted to get away from the douchrockets, and now here they are right in the middle of 'em.

When the money comes to town, **** is GONNA change. And that change isnt always for the better. Nor will it benefit the working stiffs.

OK, I'm done with my rant.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:53 PM
dothedoo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fast2live
Business in the front, party in the back. Hell if i could grow hair id have a cool Bob Ross style afro.....yeah with a few happy little clouds and a lonely little tree......whoa ok sorry im back now.
Bob Ross was awesome. I never really saw him paint anything 'cuz I was focused on his hair and hyponotized by his soothing voice. He would whisper..."there we go" and I'd be out.

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??