The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 08:26 AM
NightsRider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by firefighter616
Don't tell me you didn't get pics
Sadly neither of of had our phones in hand, I really wish I had though. It made my Saturday.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:47 AM
Old Sorrel
Road Captain

I had to get a Harley BECAUSE of my lifestyle.

I got tired of scootin' on my Intruder with a pack of Harleys, having to endure all the jokes and ribbing. But it was all I could afford at the time, and it was better than driving the chase truck. I finally got lucky and found my '92 Evo powered Softail for a good deal and sold the Intruder to pay the sales tax and registration. There is just no comparison, riding the Harley has taken me to the level of cycling that I had been longing for all of these years.

People can buy a brand new Harley and all the trappings money can buy. They might even learn how to ride it. But they can't buy experience. They can't buy the right attitude and mindset. They can't buy REAL loyalty or honor. And they can't buy respect. It just doesn't work that way, and I am thankful for that.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:13 PM
Lantern
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been riding harleys since 1978. Yeah the people riding harleys today are alot different than the boys in back in the day, but what the hell does it matter. Let's ride!

Old 06-28-2011, 07:54 PM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Folks are talking about back in the day, so here we go. My dad died in an accident when I was 5. Later on a friend of the family Rick, who was then president of a local MC took me under his wing. I was like 16, but I did have my honda 450 rat bike at the time. Well the MC "counterculture" isn't for everyone. It seemed like in the clubhouse and at parties and rallies, there was always a whole lot of nonsense, like rank contests, beat downs and such. The amount of alcohol and dope I consumed at 16 and 17 would amaze some people. If I did not enlist in the Army to escape that life, I'm pretty sure I would be dead. I do still admire the guys that can hang with that lifestyle. But becoming a US Paratrooper kicked *** over that lifestyle, I never looked back.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:30 PM
rastajacob
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, this thread was awesome !!! Not new to the bike culture as I had friends growing up whose Dad's and uncles were in MC's. Had my first bike when I was 22 (Triumph), first Harley at 26, first new Harley in '08. For all the RUB's and "Fashionistas" that are bitching about not being accepted, try being "Black" (yep, sorry to play the race card..Ha !), come up as a Punk, then a Traditional Skinhead, into "biker culture" and talk about feeling like an outcast. But you keep your mouth shut, stay polite even when being called names, show respect and it's given back..it's their world and I was thankful for being allowed to be accepted into it (partly). Learned alot about myself, my bike, and what it meant to be a part of something like a "brotherhood." we all take our lumps, that's part of the growing process..Rant over, gotta go check out my grub...later !!

Old 06-28-2011, 08:47 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Bud wants to buy my road glide
should I get a fat bob or one of the last cross bones

will that improve my poser factor
I have to come to the temple to ask these questions now

Old 06-28-2011, 09:08 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by firefighter616
Bud wants to buy my road glide
should I get a fat bob or one of the last cross bones

will that improve my poser factor
I have to come to the temple to ask these questions now
FXDX

str8 up SOA gansta

Old 06-29-2011, 01:28 AM
fast2live
Tourer

Originally Posted by rastajacob
Wow, this thread was awesome !!! Not new to the bike culture as I had friends growing up whose Dad's and uncles were in MC's. Had my first bike when I was 22 (Triumph), first Harley at 26, first new Harley in '08. For all the RUB's and "Fashionistas" that are bitching about not being accepted, try being "Black" (yep, sorry to play the race card..Ha !), come up as a Punk, then a Traditional Skinhead, into "biker culture" and talk about feeling like an outcast. But you keep your mouth shut, stay polite even when being called names, show respect and it's given back..it's their world and I was thankful for being allowed to be accepted into it (partly). Learned alot about myself, my bike, and what it meant to be a part of something like a "brotherhood." we all take our lumps, that's part of the growing process..Rant over, gotta go check out my grub...later !!
But were you banned in D.C?

Old 06-29-2011, 03:33 AM
TheFigment
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by traveler
That's not the point.

Do you dress up in full leathers and stand in front of the dealer and scowl at people?

If not, then I guess he's not talking about you.

~Joe
I had never paid any attention until reading this thread, but when I walked into the service dept at BH Harley yesterday, I saw the ghost of Johnny Depp 20 or 30 times lol

Yay for being a tourist attraction I guess.

Also, thank you all in this thread for your service

Old 06-29-2011, 04:00 AM
nickshelby500kr
Advanced

im not a biker.

I wear punker blue jeans, vans or converse, vneck t shirts, and fitted hats.
I have tattoos.
I work for bank of america at their corporate office here in plano.
I wrench my own bikes and trucks because i love it.
I love anything that goes fast and vroom
I will never be a 1%er and have no intention to attempt to be.
I ride a sportster because it is the perfect fit for me.

Once again i am not a biker, i am just a fellow motorcycle and automotive enthusiast.

who cares about all the guys who buy $2000 in leathers from the harley dealership. All it does is keep the economy going. It seems to me like all you 1%er purists out there are just so worried that the "posers" are going to ruin this big billy badass image you have worked so hard your whole life to build. Grow up you big babies. life is bigger than worrying about what the guy across town living in the burbs riding his 2011cross bones with $2k in leathers once every 2 weeks to his cubicle jockey job 5 miles down the road. If thats what makes those people happy. LET THEM.

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??