The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 04:01 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first pic, btw, is Sonny. its a "still" from a movie.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:08 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by reissman
This thread makes me want to go buy a new T-shirt and get some ink..LOL
did that going on 40 yrs

Old 06-27-2011, 04:11 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by firefighter616
did that going on 40 yrs
you're dating yourself, old man

my oldest tattoo is only 35....

Old 06-27-2011, 04:20 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice pics Alkay!

Old 06-27-2011, 04:38 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

I was wrong about the date ..... it was 1965

link to some pics
http://www.life.com/gallery/47471#index/35

Old 06-27-2011, 04:45 PM
NightsRider
Cruiser

I saw a man with a purse at the dealership Saturday (no clothes shopping just debating a bike swap). The purse was emblazoned with the Iron Cross. It was kinda sad. The wife laughed out loud, right in front of him. She ran to get me and pointed, he could see her pointing and laughing. My wife is a "biker".

Old 06-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Agent777
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by traveler
That's not the point.

Do you dress up in full leathers and stand in front of the dealer and scowl at people?
Are you saying that's what Frenchy does?

Old 06-27-2011, 08:05 PM
firefighter616
Club Member

Originally Posted by alkay191
you're dating yourself, old man

my oldest tattoo is only 35....

somebody has to show you young pups how to do it, but ya get points for livin in Brooklyn (in my book, you flamers , just my .02)

lemme get my bunker gear on

Old 06-27-2011, 08:07 PM
firefighter616
Club Member

Originally Posted by NightsRider
I saw a man with a purse at the dealership Saturday (no clothes shopping just debating a bike swap). The purse was emblazoned with the Iron Cross. It was kinda sad. The wife laughed out loud, right in front of him. She ran to get me and pointed, he could see her pointing and laughing. My wife is a "biker".

Don't tell me you didn't get pics

Old 06-28-2011, 12:09 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchman
Well, here's my little rant.
there used to be few of us. When we crossed each other on the road, we raised a fist in the wind, just because it was nice to see another biker from time to time. Now, you'd get a nasty cramp in your biceps if you'd give the "Harley-wave" (yup, that's what they call it nowadays) to everybody.
We used to gather in places like Sturgis, Daytona and Laconia. Then, in the 90ies, something changed. The lawyers and clean cut cubicle monkeys started showing up, and there were more and more every year. They transformed the bike weeks into family events, showing up with their trailers, their RVs and their little spoiled brats. The old hardcore people couldn't even find each other anymore, because the whole thing became huge, and with those clowns came the greedy vendors and all those people who just wanted what's in your wallet.
Society used to leave us alone. We kept for ourselves on our side of the fence, and the lawyers, teachers and insurance agents stood on theirs. We stood up for ourselves and for another. We were'nt pretty. Beards, long hair, and what the fancy guys on here call now "pirate outfit". Then, it became a fashion statement to ride a Harley, and all those nice citizens started riding, just to show their community that they could afford a harley with more bling then the next guy. Didn't make them bikers, tho. It takes more then moving a bike from A to B to be one. It takes *****. Want an example? Take Gypsylady. Lost an arm in a motorcycle accident, got back on her feet, and first thing she does is to get a bike that fits her needs, and get back on the road. That girl has more grit then a million of these stock brokers in their overpriced high viz gear, their full face helmets and their HD brand mesh jackets.
The rest of society used to look down on us. In their book, we were scum, and we used to pitty them for their way of life. Now, those buffoons wat the best of both worlds. They want their nice 9-5 jobs, their fancy houses with white picket fences and 2 car garage, they want their middle class cage and their middle class hobbies AND they want to be like us. They dress up on the week end as if it was fuggin halloween, and would love to blend in with the real guys (yep, still a few of us out there). What they don't get is that as long as you have the cops on speed dial #1. your layer on #2, and your office number on #3, you won't get acceptance from the old hardcore crowd.
And patches. They love patches. HOG, SOA, black label society, silent skulls. If not that, it has to at least be a ***** G. skull on their brand store jacket. HD everywhere. 5 times on their jacket, twice on the kevlar reinforced pants, the boots, the belt, the zippo (if they really dare smoking, duh), a HD ring, sunglasses, helmet (yuck), and so on. Gotta show what you got.
2 weeks ago, I met one of the old school guys. He was on a RK custom, having a coffee next door to where I work. He even stopped riding for a while, when those legions of biker playing suburb warriors took over. Sometimes, I exactly know how that feels like.
BTW, I just described 98% of the people on here. Guys like that cameraboy clown, or that Dan Conner jackwagon, are a dime a dozen here. Others, like twizted biker, Hamburglar, Gumpmeister, Gonzeh, Alkay and few others, not so much.
Well Said!

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??