The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 11:09 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by Zig Zag 2010
Well said. "You can't buy your way into it". The marketing people at HD will probably disagree. Insta douche just add credit.
"Insta douche just add credit"....................PRICELESS

Old 06-27-2011, 12:11 PM
fast2live
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Seadog57
I read the posts on here everyday but it has been almost a year since my last post! I am a 53 year old retired squid who likes Harley's and Mustangs two great American Icons. I bought a new 883 xl in 2008 was all I could afford at the time and get ridaculed all the time for riding a girls bike but could care less.I have put 16000 miles on the bike and ride it to work everyday. I just went through a chapter 13 bankruptsy and surrendered a car but I fought to keep the bike which i still ride.I paid 60 bucks and bought the service manual and the good (yellow) Craftsman jack and due the majority of the maintenance. I love my bike and would only trade up for a big twin Heritage or RK. I usally ride alone or somtimes in small groups 4 to 6, have seen to many accidents with large goups. No Iam not a biker just a dude that likes anything that floats,flies,or rolls. Hell I love old Steam Trains and I drive all 3 at Busch Gardens Williamsburg on the weekends. Just want to say I know were you folks are coming from I treat all people like I want to be treated (we are after all human)gotta go now and ride the bike to work! Keep the shiny side up and be safe!
Oh yeah I do have a collections of Harley and Mustang shirts.
I kind of have a thing for Sportsters and old Mustangs too.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:29 PM
cdculbertson
Tourer

Originally Posted by Seadog57
I read the posts on here everyday but it has been almost a year since my last post! I am a 53 year old retired squid who likes Harley's and Mustangs two great American Icons. I bought a new 883 xl in 2008 was all I could afford at the time and get ridaculed all the time for riding a girls bike but could care less.I have put 16000 miles on the bike and ride it to work everyday. I just went through a chapter 13 bankruptsy and surrendered a car but I fought to keep the bike which i still ride.I paid 60 bucks and bought the service manual and the good (yellow) Craftsman jack and due the majority of the maintenance. I love my bike and would only trade up for a big twin Heritage or RK. I usally ride alone or somtimes in small groups 4 to 6, have seen to many accidents with large goups. No Iam not a biker just a dude that likes anything that floats,flies,or rolls. Hell I love old Steam Trains and I drive all 3 at Busch Gardens Williamsburg on the weekends. Just want to say I know were you folks are coming from I treat all people like I want to be treated (we are after all human)gotta go now and ride the bike to work! Keep the shiny side up and be safe!
Oh yeah I do have a collections of Harley and Mustang shirts.
I rode a Sporty for a couple of years, and never once did I have anyone tell me it was a girl's bike. I've heard the stories though. Oh, I did have a guy ask me how I liked my "Shirley-Davidson", but that made me laugh so hard I couldn't really act mad.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:20 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Old 06-27-2011, 02:39 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

While a sporty has never been a personal choice of mine over 3 months I've always said they make best **** & git bike . My one and only and my first harley was was real piece of work and I was dumb as blond at the time to boot . Found a 63 somebody had goobered together with a hardtail section tiny *** tank and the ugliest giant metal flake elephant **** yellow paint you've ever seen and my 20 yrs old dumbass bought it . It smoked had tranny and clutch problems was the hardest starting bike I've yet to see , things fell off regular ( like the carb ) yada yada . Got drunk and decided I was going to kill it had the .44 out and somebody made swap for a BSA , still feel I got the better end of that one .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 06-27-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:46 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

mine was a '69 with struts, 9 over girder and a spool front. I couldn't get the Tillotson to start right, so swapped for Mikuni, that fell off few times at speed .....
That bike took me close to 30K miles all over the country with just a couple of dropped valves in process.
The '75 XLH was totally bulletproof, though. Fairly unmolested when I got my hands on it and was good little scoot.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:14 PM
reissman
Cruiser

This thread makes me want to go buy a new T-shirt and get some ink..LOL

Old 06-27-2011, 03:24 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by reissman
This thread makes me want to go buy a new T-shirt and get some ink..LOL

Magic marker there's no regrets that way when you sober up , lol .

Old 06-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Dilemma
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191

Those from the recently published never seen Life article?

Old 06-27-2011, 03:58 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

oh, no .... this is back from the 70s.

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??