The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 07:35 AM
firebrick
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe. It's the bs forum. I was razzing u. Lighten up.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:44 AM
primostoy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by traveler
That's not the point.

Do you dress up in full leathers and stand in front of the dealer and scowl at people?

If not, then I guess he's not talking about you.

~Joe
Not to get into any arguments about this because it is not worth it, but I do see what he's saying, he's saying how it used to be back in the day, well I'm from 'back in the day', yes, things have changed quite a bit, so what if someone has made a decent living now adays and he wants to buy a Harley for a weekend ride, and wear leathers or whatever he wants to, and waves at other bikers(or posers, rubs, ect.), its his/hers life, at least their out riding, and believe me, not everyone wants to ride their motorcycle 7 days a week 24 hours a day, I know I don't and I probably have more years riding than the majority on this site, point is people are different and thats good, I sure wouldn't want to meet someone like me anytime soon.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:24 AM
BearNVa
Road Captain

Originally Posted by RoaringRigid
now you did it... next thread will be who is a real masturbator or not.
See NEW threads! You're Welcome!

Old 06-27-2011, 08:44 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by primostoy
Not to get into any arguments about this because it is not worth it, but I do see what he's saying, he's saying how it used to be back in the day, well I'm from 'back in the day', yes, things have changed quite a bit, so what if someone has made a decent living now adays and he wants to buy a Harley for a weekend ride, and wear leathers or whatever he wants to, and waves at other bikers(or posers, rubs, ect.), its his/hers life, at least their out riding, and believe me, not everyone wants to ride their motorcycle 7 days a week 24 hours a day, I know I don't and I probably have more years riding than the majority on this site, point is people are different and thats good, I sure wouldn't want to meet someone like me anytime soon.
Hmmmm...... Me either, I guess.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:57 AM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by carnesbk
This is definately a B/S forum. I get on here most of the time for tech info as I wrench my own bike. Anyone that thinks riding a Harley makes them a "biker" is full of sh*t. It doesn't matter what bike you ride--it also doesn't matter what you do for a living! People complaining about posers reminds me of the guy that beats up homos for fun. THATS the guy thats so far in the closet he can't accept difference. For me being a "biker" is about tolerance and freedom. I don't care what you do to make money, or how much crap you've put on your bike. I care about MY bike and MY freedom and this forum SHOULD promote that! You don't have to be on a motorcycle to have your head in your azz and be a total douche bag! We should be encouraging everyone to ride a motorcycle--then maybe the laws would be more reasonable. We have signs here in Texas telling everyone on the rode to keep their eyes out for motorcyclists--regardless of brand or occupation. To all the poser-haters I say "shut up and ride!"
Wow!!! You know, I never thought of it this way... (cue the sound of crickets)

Old 06-27-2011, 08:58 AM
Seadog57
Advanced
Default Same ole ****!

I read the posts on here everyday but it has been almost a year since my last post! I am a 53 year old retired squid who likes Harley's and Mustangs two great American Icons. I bought a new 883 xl in 2008 was all I could afford at the time and get ridaculed all the time for riding a girls bike but could care less.I have put 16000 miles on the bike and ride it to work everyday. I just went through a chapter 13 bankruptsy and surrendered a car but I fought to keep the bike which i still ride.I paid 60 bucks and bought the service manual and the good (yellow) Craftsman jack and due the majority of the maintenance. I love my bike and would only trade up for a big twin Heritage or RK. I usally ride alone or somtimes in small groups 4 to 6, have seen to many accidents with large goups. No Iam not a biker just a dude that likes anything that floats,flies,or rolls. Hell I love old Steam Trains and I drive all 3 at Busch Gardens Williamsburg on the weekends. Just want to say I know were you folks are coming from I treat all people like I want to be treated (we are after all human)gotta go now and ride the bike to work! Keep the shiny side up and be safe!
Oh yeah I do have a collections of Harley and Mustang shirts.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:36 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Seadog57
I bought a new 883 xl in 2008 was all I could afford at the time and get ridaculed all the time for riding a girls bike but could care less.I have put 16000 miles on the bike and ride it to work everyday.
That is a ***** measuring poser thing to do....
For some reason in the last 30 or so years, I never thought of a Sporty as "girls bike". Sure, its small and I've always recommended one as a first bike, but if I had to commute in heavy traffic, I'd have one.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:11 AM
primostoy
Tourer
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Seadog57
I read the posts on here everyday but it has been almost a year since my last post! I am a 53 year old retired squid who likes Harley's and Mustangs two great American Icons. I bought a new 883 xl in 2008 was all I could afford at the time and get ridaculed all the time for riding a girls bike but could care less.I have put 16000 miles on the bike and ride it to work everyday. I just went through a chapter 13 bankruptsy and surrendered a car but I fought to keep the bike which i still ride.I paid 60 bucks and bought the service manual and the good (yellow) Craftsman jack and due the majority of the maintenance. I love my bike and would only trade up for a big twin Heritage or RK. I usally ride alone or somtimes in small groups 4 to 6, have seen to many accidents with large goups. No Iam not a biker just a dude that likes anything that floats,flies,or rolls. Hell I love old Steam Trains and I drive all 3 at Busch Gardens Williamsburg on the weekends. Just want to say I know were you folks are coming from I treat all people like I want to be treated (we are after all human)gotta go now and ride the bike to work! Keep the shiny side up and be safe!
Oh yeah I do have a collections of Harley and Mustang shirts.
You go Seadog, best of luck to you in the future, and thanks from me for serving our country...

Old 06-27-2011, 10:34 AM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

Hey, check out pics of the 81 crew in the '60s and you will see lots and lots and lots of Sports and not very many baggers...

Old 06-27-2011, 10:46 AM
NightsRider
Cruiser

After watching the Pike's Peak Rally yesterday, I think I will trade my Nightster in for a new Duc. The chicks were way hotter over there than anything I have seen at the Harley dealers or "biker bars" here in Denver.

They have their own issue over there though, the guys are ALL the type who buy up the insanely expensive t's and polo's to show how cool they are.

F*&k! Why is this life so difficult?

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??