The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 08:12 PM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by carnesbk
This is definately a B/S forum.
Dude that's your first post? There are plenty of threads giving tech tips and ****.

Poser threads are funny as hell and it's even better if we ridicule the OP for starting the thread in the first place.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:15 PM
razzoo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's great there's a bunch of weekend riders out there. For one thing this means an endless supply of lightly used bikes on the used market. -- And since they are a " biker" themselves maybe they will be more careful or respectful when they are in their new truck with the HD logo on the back window (and the AC turned up high).

Old 06-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

--------------

Last edited by Zig Zag 2010; 11-03-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:13 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by firebrick
Joe. It sure is great to hear that all the useful things in life the military has taught you, you cant wait to ditch as soon as you hit your retirement date. Helmet, mary J, haircut. Hate to see you early in your retirement dead on the highway because you decided to hit the bong, went for a ride, long hippy hair got in the way and ya hit your head without a helmet.
The guys I served with who died on me.....I owe it to them to live.......appreciate the concern though. One thing I have learned over my 12 depoyments and 3 combat tours to date is...when it's your time to go, it's your time.

What the hell is a "Mary J"? Is that one of those nagging b1tches some of the other guys call a wife? Not me.

Of all the things the military has apparnetly taught me, I've never figured out how to politely deal with someone who talks to me in a condescending tone, and apparently loves his freedom, but has no problem shitting on those that provide and keep it.

~Joe

Last edited by traveler; 06-26-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:43 PM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

What Joe said...

Old 06-26-2011, 09:44 PM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
the only reason I changed the avatar is 'cause I'm Beemerless at the moment.... but that will soon change as I'm picking up a neglected '69 R69S to fix up.
That'll work. Isn't that the last year for the 69S?

Old 06-26-2011, 10:18 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bjewell
That'll work. Isn't that the last year for the 69S?
for all /2 and Earl's forks. 1970 was the first year for the new /5./6 /7 style Airheads.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:51 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by carnesbk
This is definately a B/S forum.
Captain Obvious strikes again!!!

Old 06-27-2011, 05:35 AM
primostoy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frenchman
Well, here's my little rant.
there used to be few of us. When we crossed each other on the road, we raised a fist in the wind, just because it was nice to see another biker from time to time. Now, you'd get a nasty cramp in your biceps if you'd give the "Harley-wave" (yup, that's what they call it nowadays) to everybody.
We used to gather in places like Sturgis, Daytona and Laconia. Then, in the 90ies, something changed. The lawyers and clean cut cubicle monkeys started showing up, and there were more and more every year. They transformed the bike weeks into family events, showing up with their trailers, their RVs and their little spoiled brats. The old hardcore people couldn't even find each other anymore, because the whole thing became huge, and with those clowns came the greedy vendors and all those people who just wanted what's in your wallet.
Society used to leave us alone. We kept for ourselves on our side of the fence, and the lawyers, teachers and insurance agents stood on theirs. We stood up for ourselves and for another. We were'nt pretty. Beards, long hair, and what the fancy guys on here call now "pirate outfit". Then, it became a fashion statement to ride a Harley, and all those nice citizens started riding, just to show their community that they could afford a harley with more bling then the next guy. Didn't make them bikers, tho. It takes more then moving a bike from A to B to be one. It takes *****. Want an example? Take Gypsylady. Lost an arm in a motorcycle accident, got back on her feet, and first thing she does is to get a bike that fits her needs, and get back on the road. That girl has more grit then a million of these stock brokers in their overpriced high viz gear, their full face helmets and their HD brand mesh jackets.
The rest of society used to look down on us. In their book, we were scum, and we used to pitty them for their way of life. Now, those buffoons wat the best of both worlds. They want their nice 9-5 jobs, their fancy houses with white picket fences and 2 car garage, they want their middle class cage and their middle class hobbies AND they want to be like us. They dress up on the week end as if it was fuggin halloween, and would love to blend in with the real guys (yep, still a few of us out there). What they don't get is that as long as you have the cops on speed dial #1. your layer on #2, and your office number on #3, you won't get acceptance from the old hardcore crowd.
And patches. They love patches. HOG, SOA, black label society, silent skulls. If not that, it has to at least be a ***** G. skull on their brand store jacket. HD everywhere. 5 times on their jacket, twice on the kevlar reinforced pants, the boots, the belt, the zippo (if they really dare smoking, duh), a HD ring, sunglasses, helmet (yuck), and so on. Gotta show what you got.
2 weeks ago, I met one of the old school guys. He was on a RK custom, having a coffee next door to where I work. He even stopped riding for a while, when those legions of biker playing suburb warriors took over. Sometimes, I exactly know how that feels like.
BTW, I just described 98% of the people on here. Guys like that cameraboy clown, or that Dan Conner jackwagon, are a dime a dozen here. Others, like twizted biker, Hamburglar, Gumpmeister, Gonzeh, Alkay and few others, not so much.
Hey Frenchy, take a 'chill pill' and come back in for a complete checkup in a few days, so big deal, not everyone wants to be like you (if in case your as bad *** as you think), I've been riding bikes since the '60's, never got into the leathers and patches thingy, and certainly never ever wanted to be a 'hard core, don't give a damn' about other riders like you. If your what the old school guys act like, then include me in to the 98% of the people on here as you describe it, and just to let you know, I haven't been riding 'Harleys' all the time, its been Hondas, Yammies, and Kawasakis up until about 8 years ago before I bought my 1st Harley. And yes I have a job 5 days a week, a wonderful wife and 3 kids (but no dog), so blast away at my lifestyle if you feel the need, I bought and ride a Harley because thats what I want, sorry if it ruffles your feathers because I didn't get your approval to do so....

Old 06-27-2011, 06:27 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by primostoy
Hey Frenchy, take a 'chill pill' and come back in for a complete checkup in a few days, so big deal, not everyone wants to be like you (if in case your as bad *** as you think), I've been riding bikes since the '60's, never got into the leathers and patches thingy, and certainly never ever wanted to be a 'hard core, don't give a damn' about other riders like you. If your what the old school guys act like, then include me in to the 98% of the people on here as you describe it, and just to let you know, I haven't been riding 'Harleys' all the time, its been Hondas, Yammies, and Kawasakis up until about 8 years ago before I bought my 1st Harley. And yes I have a job 5 days a week, a wonderful wife and 3 kids (but no dog), so blast away at my lifestyle if you feel the need, I bought and ride a Harley because thats what I want, sorry if it ruffles your feathers because I didn't get your approval to do so....
That's not the point.

Do you dress up in full leathers and stand in front of the dealer and scowl at people?

If not, then I guess he's not talking about you.

~Joe

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??