The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 05:54 PM
carnesbk
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is definately a B/S forum. I get on here most of the time for tech info as I wrench my own bike. Anyone that thinks riding a Harley makes them a "biker" is full of sh*t. It doesn't matter what bike you ride--it also doesn't matter what you do for a living! People complaining about posers reminds me of the guy that beats up homos for fun. THATS the guy thats so far in the closet he can't accept difference. For me being a "biker" is about tolerance and freedom. I don't care what you do to make money, or how much crap you've put on your bike. I care about MY bike and MY freedom and this forum SHOULD promote that! You don't have to be on a motorcycle to have your head in your azz and be a total douche bag! We should be encouraging everyone to ride a motorcycle--then maybe the laws would be more reasonable. We have signs here in Texas telling everyone on the rode to keep their eyes out for motorcyclists--regardless of brand or occupation. To all the poser-haters I say "shut up and ride!"

Old 06-26-2011, 05:58 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Welcome...stick around. Enough of us on here can keep things real.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:15 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by traveler
I'm going to go out on a limb here and try to explain where most of the guys are coming from.

The new guys: We DO want you. Why not? We jsut want you to be YOURSELF, and be a part of this GREAT lifestyle.

Does anybody lose any sleep over what they do? No. But we do notice. And it puzzles us. Why are they trying so hard to fit in?

If people see that you are just trying to have a good time and be yourself, you will be accepted, I promise you.

We need more guys on bikes. When our numbers are bigger, we have more say against those that want to take our hobby/life away. THEY ARE TRYING TO DO SO.

If the greybeards think I'm off PLEASE say so.....but I am a clean cut military guy who literally BREATHES, EATS and LIVES the life......have to wait for retirement before the beard and hair come out.....if you see me with a helmet, it's because my job requires it....for another 5 years, then I'm done. Sorry bros....but I'm not risking a lifetime fo retirement and goodies to ride helmet free just yet.

Something tells me....the old school guys get what I'm saying.

Yes, a joint, some shots of tequila, and a blast through the Mulholland hills would be great, but not yet.

(alcohol only for us military active duty types)

Peace.

~joe
Agree

god damn, when did you become so smart?

Old 06-26-2011, 06:26 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

hehe

I listened....and learned.

If a fella listens and shuts his mouth...the greybeards will speak.

~Joe

Old 06-26-2011, 06:27 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
Agree

god damn, when did you become so smart?
he's in military Intelligence ????????

Old 06-26-2011, 06:30 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by carnesbk
\
People complaining about posers reminds me of the guy that beats up homos for fun. THATS the guy thats so far in the closet he can't accept difference. For me being a "biker" is about tolerance and freedom.
then you, out of all people, should be able to tolerate their freedom to complain about posers and homos ...

Old 06-26-2011, 06:36 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by firefighter616
he's in military Intelligence ????????
LMAO
but he hangs out here ....

Old 06-26-2011, 06:42 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

I just hope somebody hears what I'm trying to say, and takes it to heart.

Too may guys are confused.

The biker life is something you have to work your way into.....you can't buy your way into it. When you're "in" you will know it.

It IS a life. It IS a subculture. And there ARE elements that a guy with "runaway mouth" disease can get in BIG trouble....i.e. 1%'ers. ALOT of guys out there learned the hard way how it works. A google search will explain the outlaw bike life. People who don't know need to educate themselves....as it is very real and THEY are the new guy....the old timers were there first. They accept you, not the other way around. When you buy a bike and start hanging around, you step into THEIR world, and there are unwritten rules.

~Joe

Old 06-26-2011, 07:11 PM
firebrick
Road Warrior

Joe. It sure is great to hear that all the useful things in life the military has taught you, you cant wait to ditch as soon as you hit your retirement date. Helmet, mary J, haircut. Hate to see you early in your retirement dead on the highway because you decided to hit the bong, went for a ride, long hippy hair got in the way and ya hit your head without a helmet.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:17 PM
Dilemma
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just trying to have a good time and be yourself
This.

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??