The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 02:06 AM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

---------------

Last edited by Zig Zag 2010; 11-03-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:26 AM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
.... They buy the matching pirate outfits to show other people that they are "bikers". Thats what makes them FAKES.
Hmmm...I have a leather jacket, I have chaps, I have gauntlets...Am I fake? Oh yeah, I forgot...I also have a rainsuit...
I even have a vest. Nothing has HD on it.
I don't wear the stuff every time I ride, only when it's cold

Almost forgot...I have a vest also. No, it doesn't have patches.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:31 AM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I wear DrMartens, but thats my fashion statement ....
Aren't those the long pajamas with feet on them?

Old 06-26-2011, 09:22 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

I just got passed by a group of 4 bad asses. I know they are BAD because they were all on expensive new baggers and they just looked so hard flying HOG colors... not to mention that one of them had brass ball sack ornament hanging off back fender.
It must of been a dangerous curvy hill we climbed because they couldn't stay in staggered formation and got separated by 2 cars ....

I had a guy form one of those pop tart clubs with all new baggers invite me to go for a ride with his club , all the while telling me since I'm a shovelhead I'll have play catch with them with the women and the chase truck saince they are hard core and ride hard . It was like getting a christmas present as I'm standing there listening to this guy talk big **** . I couldn't believe it they were looking for somebody to punk during the ride so I went with them I just asked were the first stop was going to be since they ride so hard .

Had a beer half drank before the first one pulled in , and I made sure I waved going by so they would know . By the end of the day they were really wanting me to go away on my old shovelhead , funny as hard a few tried those puffed up twinkies with 103" or bigger kits just couldn't catch that 40 year old 93" shovelhead . Don't think I'll get another invite .

Originally Posted by dothedoo
Without posers and rubs, you real bikers would be cobbling together your 20+ year old bikes as Harley would have closed its doors long ago.
I'll kiss your *** if you can identify a 1/4 of the parts you see on my cobbled together 40 year old bike and if your old lady had been ridden anywhere near as hard or as much as that bike she'd have been broke back and bow legged or very happy a long time ago . Our chosen bikes are just that , a choice . We chose to do that , it isn't always about the money like your generation .

Old 06-26-2011, 09:34 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

I go away for a week or less and youse guys are still at it
I think Frenchie said it best of the little I've read

flame suit on, have a good day

Old 06-26-2011, 10:18 AM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

Yeah, well you have a flame suit CAUSE YOU'RE A FIREMAN!!! ;- )

Isn't this fun?

Old 06-26-2011, 10:21 AM
dothedoo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been around enough old bikes since I was a kid to still not consider a shovel to be a classic yet, so LOL at your challenge. I spent a lot of time in my parent's garage watching my oldest brother piecing together his handful of knuckleheads. I'm sure I said "what's that?" to him enough times that I'd be able to hold my own id'n stuff on your bike. lol

My point was H-D would have closed its doors long ago without posers. While there are handful of bikers who wouldn't be affected by that, there are tons of "real bikers" (cough, cough) that need to thank those posers so they have a dealer to go to when they need parts. lol

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
I had a guy form one of those pop tart clubs with all new baggers invite me to go for a ride with his club , all the while telling me since I'm a shovelhead I'll have play catch with them with the women and the chase truck saince they are hard core and ride hard . It was like getting a christmas present as I'm standing there listening to this guy talk big **** . I couldn't believe it they were looking for somebody to punk during the ride so I went with them I just asked were the first stop was going to be since they ride so hard .

Had a beer half drank before the first one pulled in , and I made sure I waved going by so they would know . By the end of the day they were really wanting me to go away on my old shovelhead , funny as hard a few tried those puffed up twinkies with 103" or bigger kits just couldn't catch that 40 year old 93" shovelhead . Don't think I'll get another invite .

I'll kiss your *** if you can identify a 1/4 of the parts you see on my cobbled together 40 year old bike and if your old lady had been ridden anywhere near as hard or as much as that bike she'd have been broke back and bow legged or very happy a long time ago . Our chosen bikes are just that , a choice . We chose to do that , it isn't always about the money like your generation .

Old 06-26-2011, 10:30 AM
fast2live
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thundermug
Aren't those the long pajamas with feet on them?
You never heard of the Dr Marten dental plan?

Old 06-26-2011, 10:31 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by dothedoo
I've been around enough old bikes since I was a kid to still not consider a shovel to be a classic yet, so LOL at your challenge. I spent a lot of time in my parent's garage watching my oldest brother piecing together his handful of knuckleheads. I'm sure I said "what's that?" to him enough times that I'd be able to hold my own id'n stuff on your bike. lol

My point was H-D would have closed its doors long ago without posers. While there are handful of bikers who wouldn't be affected by that, there are tons of "real bikers" (cough, cough) that need to thank those posers so they have a dealer to go to when they need parts. lol
The MoCo and I parted way's many years ago by my choice , I worked a dealership in the late 70's during one of the early rounds of cheap bearing trashing motors and they haven't learned a damn thing in 30 yrs from what I've seen with exception of how to separate a lot of people from their money .
Look at it from another angle , if it wasn't for use old school knuckle draggers and all our good times the moco wouldn't have a bad boy rep to play on and sell bikes closet wanna be 's hinting at that image now would they ?

Just something to ponder .................

Old 06-26-2011, 10:42 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
The MoCo and I parted way's many years ago by my choice , I worked a dealership in the late 70's during one of the early rounds of cheap bearing trashing motors and they haven't learned a damn thing in 30 yrs from what I've seen with exception of how to separate a lot of people from their money .
Look at it from another angle , if it wasn't for use old school knuckle draggers and all our good times the moco wouldn't have a bad boy rep to play on and sell bikes closet wanna be 's hinting at that image now would they ?

Just something to ponder .................
I have too much respect for ya, to think you are lumping me in with this group.

When I'm not riding, you'll see me in shorts and flip flops.

Sarted with bikes in 2003. Before that it was cars since I was about 3 feet tall. Still have a blown mustang.

I ignore the tough guys when I see them at the dealer standing there with a scowl on their face.

Having built 2 bikes from scrtach, and doing all my own wrenching, I think I'm a different type.

That said, I just want to ride. I do have a fondness for the twin cam engine.

Been around them enough to know, alot of guys used to ride british iron....it wasn't a harley only club.

~Joe

Last edited by traveler; 06-26-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??