The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 09:21 AM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"
Received 1,980 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by firefighter616
If you're giving them out I take one
OK, but I'm short on the left! ((((FF))))))))))

Old 11-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Two schools of thought on that bit , one being the average family guy whose been playing with motorcycles here & there over the years mostly in the import arena while doing the whole 9 to 5 & family routine and nothing wrong with that don't get me wrong here.
That's pretty much my point. Most of the members on the forum has been riding in one form or another for decades, that doesn't mean a dang thing, other than you're a motorcycle enthusiast on a motorcycle forum.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:54 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by alkay191
maybe twice the motor, but only half the soul ...
They're a little less prone to be leakers, but I'd trade that for a proper Harley exhaust note. Almost as easy as a shovel to strip and rebuild, so at least they got that part right.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:46 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike
They're a little less prone to be leakers, but I'd trade that for a proper Harley exhaust note. Almost as easy as a shovel to strip and rebuild, so at least they got that part right.
no such thing as universal "proper exhaust note"
some love the sound of drag pipes and never rev above 3K rpm and others *** at the sound of thunderheader ... I love the sound of stock or SE mufflers when I bounce off the rev limiter.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:58 AM
rubberfrog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Two schools of thought on that bit , one being the average family guy whose been playing with motorcycles here & there over the years mostly in the import arena while doing the whole 9 to 5 & family routine and nothing wrong with that don't get me wrong here.

Second , there's those of who stepped off eyes deep into the whole bike subculture at a young age and lived the life most have only read about or seen pictures of in old EasyRiders magazines , wasn't many actually living the life like most pretend to today , it's a simple numbers game when you look at it wasn't nearly the people on 2 wheels 30, 40 , 50 + years ago and fewer still who called it their lifestyle unlike the overdone clown parade you see every weekend somewhere today .

Things are what they are and all the fist shaking & foot stomping by late comers wanting the image isn't going to change history one damn bit . We are all riders in the simple form but all the same ? No ...........
That may be true, but so what?

For all of this supposed rage by the 1% crew towards the "poser" RUBs", I don't seem to hear reports of bands of angry marauding bikers attacking mid-life-crisis-riders. Based on the evidence, I don't think the 1%ers really care. And why should they?

Old 11-12-2013, 10:40 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rubberfrog
That may be true, but so what?

For all of this supposed rage by the 1% crew towards the "poser" RUBs", I don't seem to hear reports of bands of angry marauding bikers attacking mid-life-crisis-riders. Based on the evidence, I don't think the 1%ers really care. And why should they?
I don't speak for 1%s, but I don't see any rage either and there shouldn't be any. The people that point out this douchebaggery are doing it in jest. Whether you think its appropriate or not, it is intertaining to point and laugh at a chimp in RR conductors hat as well as limp wristed pencil pusher in live-to-ride doo rag trying to duck-walk his FLHTCFU thru the intersection.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:45 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

still no dingy yet. I'm waiting for you to adopt me, since you married your daughter off to not-biker ...
I'll have you know he's a hipster with a cafe 550 Honda and wears vans.....Tried to get him on an opposed twin, but what does a 60yr old scooter **** puppy know

Old 11-12-2013, 10:46 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Gypsylady
OK, but I'm short on the left! ((((FF))))))))))

sorry bout the drool

Old 11-12-2013, 10:55 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 16,966 Likes on 8,630 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by NightsRider
So aside from genetics (which none of us can control) please list the additional qualifications aside from "working your *** off."
When you go back and pick it up........

Old 11-12-2013, 11:28 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member

no such thing as universal "proper exhaust note"
some love the sound of drag pipes and never rev above 3K rpm and others *** at the sound of thunderheader ... I love the sound of stock or SE mufflers when I bounce off the rev limiter.
I don't think there is a sweeter sound than a shovel into drag pipes (with minimal or no baffles). That's a proper harley exhaust note, at idle or rolling down the road. Never been improved on, and never will be. (and that's a measurable, scientific fact, not a matter of opinion ) CFRs on a big inch twinkie sounds good, but sound more like a muscle car, than a harley. I do like a carbureted evo into unbaffled fishtails, too.

Last edited by Mike; 11-12-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??