The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 09:17 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadancer
Too much information! Too much information!!!
Aint my fault you got a dirty mind...

Old 11-09-2013, 09:18 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

We need to see them hooters. Not the hairy ones that softy is talking about. though. lol

Old 11-09-2013, 10:11 PM
Wheels24
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I guess I never got the whole 'bad ***' thing...including as connected to Harleys. Been around some guys with cajones the size of cantalopes who had done stuff that 99.9% of people - let alone riders - wouldn't have the stomach to do...and very few of them rode any kind of motorcycle. Trust me...being a 'biker' and/or riding a Harley doesn't make you a 'bad ***'...and who gives a $#!& anyway. In my experience it's just the opposite...real 'bad asses' don't need to advertise it or try to link it to some material thing like a Harley, a leather jacket or ink. My dad...a WWII vet...Utah Beach...Hertgen Forest...is the biggest bad *** I know...no Harley, no leather jacket, no ink.

Like Quadancer said...the biggest bad *** you'll ever have the displeasure of f#$@ing with might be the guy in the shorts and polo shirt who just got out of his Camry in his flip flops...after returning from the sand box. IMO, we like Harleys and other bikes for all kinds of reasons. If riding one makes somebody stand a little taller, good for them. They want to wear a scowl...have at it...that always makes me smile. They want to buy one of everything in the local dealer...knock yourself out. I respect anybody who rides...but I respect riders (and people in general) with nothing to prove even more. The more 'real' you are, the better as far as I'm concerned... And THAT's what I like about most of the Harley crowd...just good down to earth people who like to ride...

Last edited by Wheels24; 11-09-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:47 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by zeus33
We need to see them hooters. Not the hairy ones that softy is talking about. though. lol

These were fun and girl had some serious skillz to boot

Old 11-09-2013, 11:45 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

I see this thread is still as stupid an entertaining as always. Although it's getting a little played out.

Old 11-10-2013, 06:16 AM
RebelSon45
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate these threads, my uncle used to be the quintessential bad *** biker back in the 80's, he was in jail for awhile and did all this bad *** ****. He's still a pretty scary dude but he doesnt ever brag about it and he rides his harley to my house in pink flip flops during the summer a lot if its rlly hot out. as he says "its f'in hot and the wind helps stop my old @$$ feet from smellin to much"

Old 11-10-2013, 06:17 AM
RebelSon45
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

woops, sorry for the cussin in that post, this just grinds my gears a bit

Old 11-10-2013, 08:09 AM
bobg03
Road Master
Received 240 Likes on 150 Posts

My ol' lady likes the Harley womans clothes. For her they are a signal that a week of playing Banker is over.

So everytime she buys something for herself she buys me something too. I worship her and want her to be happy so I wear them....whatever anyone else thinks....F'EM.

She's tried to explain calmly that having a wardrobe of Carhartt T's and nothing but jeans and work boots isn't normal. So she buys HD shirts, why would I complain...lol

Last edited by bobg03; 11-10-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:55 AM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
These were fun and girl had some serious skillz to boot

Yea, I bet she has some talent. lol. Nice looking girl.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:46 PM
override
Tourer
Received 96 Likes on 47 Posts

I somewhat agree to mopar and frenchies rant, I am not by any means a "Biker" by the standards you guys have. I admit to see someone change there whole persona overnight just from buying a Harley is kind of ridiculous in a poser type of way. I grew up riding lawn mowers, tractors and then eventually fourwheelers and dirtbikes. I always wanted a Harley growing up and though I had a few opportunities to get a nice bike for a great price I refused to purchase anything but a Harley.

I am 28 now and just bought my first motorcyle and yes it's a Harley. I wear a street and steel textile jacket, regular jeans, Harley boots, Bilt gloves and an LS2 modular helmet. I don't have a snotty attitude and just because I am cruising a Harley it doesn't make me any better than the imports, metrics, hondas, yamahas or whatever the other guys drive in my area. I will gladly move to the right and let any other biker fall in line with me!

If it wasn't for the fact that I value my life and don't trust every other dumbass driving next to me I would ride without a helmet or pick up a half helmet. When you pass me on the road and see I am outfitted in all that gear and riding a Harley you may get the impression I am a blue collar pencil pusher with a 9-5 job in an office cubicle with a huge house and white picket fence. The reality of it is I have hands of a working man, I am a Derrickman for a drilling company here in South, TX. I earn my money and saved up nearly 2 years until I finally found a good deal on a used bike.

I guess I am just not so quick to judge people for whats on the outside...

Last edited by override; 11-10-2013 at 12:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??