The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 09:31 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

You din' break it, didja?

after you get long years in living this stuff daily not just on the occasional nice day or weekend like 90% of those out there you can see them coming they don't have to open their mouths for you know what the game is and what they don't know , the eyes tell you volumes if you know what your looking at .
Usually the mouth runs first, then usual BS.

Last edited by Quadancer; 10-04-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:35 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadancer
You din' break it, didja?
I almost burned it down when it shorted out just as I was kicking it at a gas pump ...
naw, its time to pass it on to some young dude who will cherish it.
I was telling him that I built it to resemble my old '77 I had "back in the day" , but realized during that conversation that I was riding that 77 the year he was born.

Old 10-04-2013, 09:58 PM
Gimp
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Kid after you get long years in living this stuff daily not just on the occasional nice day or weekend like 90% of those out there you can see them coming they don't have to open their mouths for you know what the game is and what they don't know , the eyes tell you volumes if you know what your looking at .

Nobody hates anybody , well a few ex wives excluded but we damn sure don't have to like them till they earn it by showing some sense .
There's more real riders here in CV than posers and wannabes, but they do crop up now and then. From what I've come to see lately, though...they mostly go away if you ignore 'em.

I'm off to the TV and bed. 'night.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alkay191
I hope you can draw.
You're cute little novel didn't impress me much.
I can't draw very well myself, but my kid is a champ. I'm sure he can whip something up that even you can understand. You might need to get your bifocals first, though.

I'm sorry my novel didn't impress you much, but thanks for saying I'm cute... I think. Word of advice, if YOU'RE going to try and berate someone using written words you might want to make sure that YOU'RE using the correct variation of a word or YOUR message might come across the wrong way. Just sayin'.

Anyway, YOUR internet-tough-guy attitude and inability to accept change because of "how it was in your day" doesn't impress me much. Does that mean we're cool now? Please, can it mean we're best friends now? Your acceptance would just make my life so complete!

Old 10-04-2013, 10:43 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Irish883
I can't draw very well myself, but my kid is a champ. I'm sure he can whip something up that even you can understand. You might need to get your bifocals first, though.

I'm sorry my novel didn't impress you much, but thanks for saying I'm cute... I think. Word of advice, if YOU'RE going to try and berate someone using written words you might want to make sure that YOU'RE using the correct variation of a word or YOUR message might come across the wrong way. Just sayin'.

Anyway, YOUR internet-tough-guy attitude and inability to accept change because of "how it was in your day" doesn't impress me much. Does that mean we're cool now? Please, can it mean we're best friends now? Your acceptance would just make my life so complete!
i called you a dumb *** because you wasted all this time and effort to impress a bunch of people you don't know and will probably never meet.
it is so much easier just to be yourself and if people like what they see, they will accept you.
please feel free to shove your advice up your ***.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:43 PM
Irish883
Road Captain

i called you a dumb *** because you wasted all this time and effort to impress a bunch of people you don't know and will probably never meet.
it is so much easier just to be yourself and if people like what they see, they will accept you.
please feel free to shove your advice up your ***.
Look man, no bullshit, I'm not trying to get into an internet war with you, or anyone else. You don't like me because I wrote a long post that you don't agree with, that's fine. I don't need you to like me, just like you don't need me to like you.

I can't put this more plain... I don't give a **** if anyone likes me and I'm not trying to impress anyone. The entirety of my post was directed at the huge number of posts in this very, very long thread that make snap judgments about people. I know damned well many of you would make the same judgment about me without knowing me, or the time I've put in, the knuckles I've busted doing my own wrenching, or the scars I've earned from wrecks. That pisses me off and I am not the type to hide my thoughts. If that pisses you off, or gives you the impression that I am trying to impress people, or prove something, there isn't much I can do about that, regardless of how inaccurate it is.

I will say this once, I have the utmost respect for guys like yourself that have put hundreds of thousands of miles on their various bikes over the decades they have been riding, but I still don't take **** without giving a little back. In my short 13 or so years I have seen people come and people go, I have had friends die to cars and their own stupidity from ages 18 to 50+ and I have met more "squids" and "weekend warriors", "RUBS", and "posers" than I care to count. I guess the only thing that makes me a bit different is that despite my personal thousands upon thousands of miles, my time (however short compared to yours), and my scars, I still try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt until they give me reason not to. If I make it through the next 18 years and health allows me to be riding at 50+ I might feel differently, but only time will tell.

Anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to try and find something that will help make it easier to shove my advice up my ***.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:58 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Look man, no bullshit, I'm not trying to get into an internet war with you, or anyone else. You don't like me because I wrote a long post that you don't agree with, that's fine. I don't need you to like me, just like you don't need me to like you.

I can't put this more plain... I don't give a **** if anyone likes me and I'm not trying to impress anyone. The entirety of my post was directed at the huge number of posts in this very, very long thread that make snap judgments about people. I know damned well many of you would make the same judgment about me without knowing me, or the time I've put in, the knuckles I've busted doing my own wrenching, or the scars I've earned from wrecks. That pisses me off and I am not the type to hide my thoughts. If that pisses you off, or gives you the impression that I am trying to impress people, or prove something, there isn't much I can do about that, regardless of how inaccurate it is.

I will say this once, I have the utmost respect for guys like yourself that have put hundreds of thousands of miles on their various bikes over the decades they have been riding, but I still don't take **** without giving a little back. In my short 13 or so years I have seen people come and people go, I have had friends die to cars and their own stupidity from ages 18 to 50+ and I have met more "squids" and "weekend warriors", "RUBS", and "posers" than I care to count. I guess the only thing that makes me a bit different is that despite my personal thousands upon thousands of miles, my time (however short compared to yours), and my scars, I still try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt until they give me reason not to. If I make it through the next 18 years and health allows me to be riding at 50+ I might feel differently, but only time will tell.

Anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to try and find something that will help make it easier to shove my advice up my ***.
1) This is not a internet war because I just don't give a ****.
2) I'm not as old as you think I am
3) You wrote all that crap up because you think it matters and I called you a dumb *** because it doesn't and you wasted a lot of time.

BTW, I never said I didn't like you (like it matters), just that you were a dumb ***.
I also know the difference between YOUR and YOU'RE ... I edited my thought and didn't proof read like a dumb ***.

Old 10-05-2013, 12:10 AM
Irish883
Road Captain

1) This is not a internet war because I just don't give a ****.
2) I'm not as old as you think I am
3) You wrote all that crap up because you think it matters and I called you a dumb *** because it doesn't and you wasted a lot of time.

BTW, I never said I didn't like you (like it matters), just that you were a dumb ***.
I also know the difference between YOUR and YOU'RE ... I edited my thought and didn't proof read like a dumb ***.
Fair enough.

You said something earlier about riding a 77 when a dude was born and I took that to mean you were riding the 77 IN 77, so I figured you to be around 50. I reread it and realize that isn't actually what you said... Maybe I am a dumb *** after all.

Old 10-05-2013, 12:22 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Fair enough.

You said something earlier about riding a 77 when a dude was born and I took that to mean you were riding the 77 IN 77, so I figured you to be around 50. I reread it and realize that isn't actually what you said... Maybe I am a dumb *** after all.
your math is right I'm 50
I got that '77 FXE Summer of '86, it was my 3rd h-d after '69 XL in 1980 and '75 XLH. I'm about to pick up another Sporty. After all these years I still like 'em better than geezer glides.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:59 AM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

...I can't put this more plain... I don't give a **** if anyone likes me and I'm not trying to impress anyone...
For someone who claims to not care what others think you have spent an inordinate amount of time on this and other threads displaying/expounding your 'credentials'. Last I heard those were earned somewhere other than internet forums.

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??