The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 02:53 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRider0151
I kinda like the fact that there are guys out there who will do anything to try and fit in with the motorcycle riding crowd....that someone walks out of thier office job and actually desires to go buy a leather jacket, gloves, boots etc...basically anything he can to try and be accepted by what most interpret as the regular working class joe who rides a motorcycle and does everything himself because he cant afford to let someone else do it.

The fact that guys pulling high 6 figure incomes actually desire to try and blend in with regular blue collar joes should tell EVERYONE something....

the fact that Harley and all these corporate conglomerates are attempting to cash in on it all and we just let them do it is the disappointing thing. I bought my first harley just a few months ago...and i was in there with jeans and a polo on...didnt really look like the biker type and wasnt trading in an old bike...I know the dealer could just smell "NEW BIKER" all over me....and they went straight for the jugular...they handed my wife this 800 page accessory catalog with all this Harley logo'd crap in it...LOLOL she was immediately enthralled...look at harley this, look at harley that etc....asked what jacket I was getting and was shocked when I said the same black and red italian made Dainese racing jacket I have worn for the last 10 years of course!! I rode 300,000 miles or so wearing that thing and now its finally broken in just the way I like it!!! First thing she asks is what the Harley guys will think of it...and I am POSITIVE that there are an ASSLOAD of true "Harley Riders" that will now call ME the poser because I am NOT falling into their perfect mold of black Harley jacket, Jeans, and combat boots to ride in!! LOLOL And I would bet the new riders will be WAYYY more accepting of me than the old guys who are the true riders....since 98% of my half million miles was done on some craptastic Jap bike and that when I was riding them I looked like, as I was told by a coworker...looking like "Evil Knievels Gay Cousin".....

you'd be surprised ...
I'm not the only one here with 30+ years on a harley that would respect you as RIDER and not care that you don't fit the "mold".
I'm not the only one here that recognizes that Dianese is a much better jacket than anything MoCo has hanging on the wall and you are most likely a better rider BECAUSE you came up on Jap bikes instead of some chrommed out abortion that never goes past local Hooters on bike night.
Now post some pics of the wife if you want acceptance.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:02 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
you'd be surprised ...
I'm not the only one here with 30+ years on a harley that would respect you as RIDER and not care that you don't fit the "mold".
I'm not the only one here that recognizes that Dianese is a much better jacket than anything MoCo has hanging on the wall and you are most likely a better rider BECAUSE you came up on Jap bikes instead of some chrommed out abortion that never goes past local Hooters on bike night.
heeheehee

Old 09-17-2013, 10:04 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

How many times have I mentioned that the "biker" one believes in is probably the Beemer or Limey rider next door who doesn't even HAVE a cage, and doesn't care either. I like this Red Rider dood. Comes from good stock.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:33 AM
RedRider0151
Tourer
Received 153 Likes on 79 Posts

you'd be surprised ...

Here she is...LOL....one of these days I'll have to take a pic of her on the bike instead...with some "Harley" garb on!!!

And the rest of the Famn Damily....lololol We all dont take ourselves too seriously...and I MAJORLY married up!!!

Last edited by RedRider0151; 09-18-2013 at 07:35 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:43 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Nice family Redrider

Old 09-18-2013, 09:35 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by RedRider0151
Here she is...LOL....one of these days I'll have to take a pic of her on the bike instead...with some "Harley" garb on!!!

And the rest of the Famn Damily....lololol We all dont take ourselves too seriously...and I MAJORLY married up!!!

skip the harley garb, but if you got any pics of her in bondage it would be way cool ...

Old 09-18-2013, 09:43 AM
ColoFXDC
Tourer

Uh oh. Now you have to not have a car or truck to be considered a "real biker"?

Good thing I'm just a guy who rides motorcycles! Almost came close to being a poser! Oh wait I am. ****.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:16 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by ColoFXDC
Uh oh. Now you have to not have a car or truck to be considered a "real biker"?

Good thing I'm just a guy who rides motorcycles! Almost came close to being a poser! Oh wait I am. ****.
if you ever had to rely on your bike as the only source of transportation, you'd understand ... and I'm not talikng about 2 days your car is in the shop ... I'm talking about 40lbs of laundry, groceries, and even picking up a set of tires from the shop, so you can mount them at home.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:16 PM
MYCRISIS
Elite HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 45 Posts

if you ever had to rely on your bike as the only source of transportation, you'd understand ... and I'm not talikng about 2 days your car is in the shop ... I'm talking about 40lbs of laundry, groceries, and even picking up a set of tires from the shop, so you can mount them at home.
Maybe we can come up with a points system or something.

Lost teeth in a biker brawl = 50 points
Stabbed while wearing Harley gear= 75 points
Stabbed while wearing plaid pants = -12.5 points
Riding 200+ miles on 2 flats= 25 points, in the rain you get another 25 points, in the rain after being stabbed= 75 points.
Riding while wait, whats that, ALLEN, ALLEN, ALLEN, AL, AL, ALLEN

HaHa!

Old 09-18-2013, 01:29 PM
AJSHOVEL
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 11,069 Likes on 4,335 Posts

With a wife and family as good lookin' as that, I'm sure you're ok, lol.
It's your attitude, not what you wear that makes you who you are.

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??