The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 12:35 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by stuball
Soft 02 I just got me one of them GringoLIDS CUDO's To biltwell
Cool. Ill wait till winter to get one. Hot pink???

Old 06-04-2013, 01:00 PM
aces&8s
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 576 Likes on 382 Posts

Mutant Forever?

Old 06-04-2013, 08:43 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

What kinda chit your outlaws stirring up now ? ................

Old 06-04-2013, 09:03 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Skeering the normal's....

Old 06-04-2013, 09:09 PM
stuball
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hot pink. Is a good idea Soft 02 . Maybe then the cagers will see me ? I am thinking more like lime green, with some orange stripes.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:42 AM
Alamomann
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by trainedkilla
What I find is that the older you dudes get, the more you gossip and talk like women.

"Do you see what he's wearing?!?! Oh no he didn't!!!"

Ride your bike, let the next man ride his. If you cross paths and click, maybe one day you can be brothers...if not, don't force relationships or expect them just because a dude has the same brand bike you do, or dismiss them because their brand is different.

Just like chicks, judging other chicks. Get your testosterone up.
I read a few of these posts, and this one made me laugh. He's right.

To all you hard core biker guys, did you ever stop and think that maybe some of us didn't have the time to ride when we were younger? Maybe we were raising families and putting money away for our kids' education. Maybe we were serving in the military defending the rights of you and those like you to ride freely every day.

It's all good, and to each his own. I don't judge why people want to ride. It's their business. I'm riding for myself and my peace of mind.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:38 AM
anarchy67
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alamomann
I read a few of these posts, and this one made me laugh. He's right.

To all you hard core biker guys, did you ever stop and think that maybe some of us didn't have the time to ride when we were younger? Maybe we were raising families and putting money away for our kids' education. Maybe we were serving in the military defending the rights of you and those like you to ride freely every day.

It's all good, and to each his own. I don't judge why people want to ride. It's their business. I'm riding for myself and my peace of mind.
+1 to that and I'd like to add that in my experience ALOT of the HARDCORE bikers I've known turned out to be the first ones to run when **** went down and were the first ones to tell on the ones who didn't. On the same token I've met alot of people that might appear to be posers who really are hardcore righteous mother ****ers. and if i was to win the powerball lottery I'd sure as hell got to the local harley dealer and buy a new bike and a bunch of riding gear and acessories. Would that make me a poser? Sometimes i wonder if this a harley forum or an episode of "The View"

Old 08-07-2013, 11:41 AM
3408pete
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ the homer simpson snore

Old 08-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Alamomann
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by anarchy67
+1 to that and I'd like to add that in my experience ALOT of the HARDCORE bikers I've known turned out to be the first ones to run when **** went down and were the first ones to tell on the ones who didn't. On the same token I've met alot of people that might appear to be posers who really are hardcore righteous mother ****ers. and if i was to win the powerball lottery I'd sure as hell got to the local harley dealer and buy a new bike and a bunch of riding gear and acessories. Would that make me a poser? Sometimes i wonder if this a harley forum or an episode of "The View"
Now that's funny.

I've taken a lot of jabs from friends who say - "mid life crisis, eh?" "buy a Harley, be a biker..." "what's next, a girlfriend?" In some ways it's just envy. I've seen it a lot. I just do what I do and never worry about what people think. Like you said, I'll leave that to "The View" and its audience.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:48 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Alamomann
Now that's funny.

I've taken a lot of jabs from friends who say - "mid life crisis, eh?" "buy a Harley, be a biker..." "what's next, a girlfriend?" In some ways it's just envy. I've seen it a lot. I just do what I do and never worry about what people think. Like you said, I'll leave that to "The View" and its audience.
And you're actually right - considering that we "oldschool" riders have a VERY limited 'audience' or 'forum' to vent or elaborate upon, in our evening hours of trying to stay partially sober or wrench up the next doolie we thot of; the rest of the audience will hope or wish they had the years of grease and pride that made us who we are.
And will still be trying to keep up, usually by internet slams from a keyboard.
Sorta like the truckers on the CB that say the "N" word but will NEVER do that face to face.
Oh, was I ranting? ...well...

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??