The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 05:43 PM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Hey Wild Card ... where in the hell did you get that picture of my girlfriend that you are using as your avatar?

Old 06-24-2011, 06:32 PM
FroggyFatBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

is this thread worth reading past the first page ?

Old 06-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"
Received 1,980 Likes on 755 Posts

Aren't you guys done with your dick measuring contest yet? I'll admit, it's fun, though!

Old 06-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Woweh
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chromedome09
Best post on this thread is this one with the pic.

I look at it like this. I didn't do the 50's (wasn't born yet) didn't do the 60's (not even a teenager yet). I did do the mid 70's (dirt bike) 1979 moved to my first Harley. Fell into the whole thing, rock-n-roll, chasing *****, drinking, certain drugs of choice, eventually club stuff, on from there.

I am now 50.. If I was smart. I would have joined the service + college program, retired out, got another civilian career, and had way more money.
I have a lot of great memories, but not a lot of $$$. I have had quite a few bikes though, quite a few good friends, lots of them dead and buried or in prison. so my take on this whole thing.

It's not a either or situation. I'm honest enough to remember that not every old biker dude was your brother, or even a friend. Some of them you wouldn't want to turn your back to ever. Not every patcholder lived up to their word. On the other hand some of the comments on here like, they are fat, stupid, broke, ect, is way off the mark. Lots of em have $$$, own businesses, have quite a few houses, bikes, cars, trucks, they just don't look like they do. Some of the smartest, talented SOB you'd ever meet, live the biker lifestyle because of choice, not stupidity.

I see it as a spectrum. "biker" on one end "weekend warrior" on the other.
There is a lot of room in between those two though. Every story is unique not every one comes into a Harley, or rides a Harley, by the same means.
I'm just glad that so many different people like Harley's, and want to own them. The company makes more $$ and stays in business longer. I like em I ride em. I don't give a damn if anybody else rides theirs more, or less, has spent thousands on HD gear, or has built theirs from a basket case.
Doesn't matter if , like me, are a "used to be club guy", or your still sportin a patch, or your a atgatt, or even a sportbiker, This world would suck if every body was exactly the same. In the end we all die, these toys don't go with us, our money doesn't go with us, our jobs don't go with us, nothing goes with us but us. So in the end, All this yakin about this means nothing including my yacking about this.
I haven't read all the post yet but I have to say, you nailed it Bro!!! Couldn't agree with you more. The Club dudes are the best to be with, and I'd rather have them living on my street then have a crack house near by, also most are stand up with the exception of a few, who like yourself, I wouldn't go light with when they are around my Family and I don't. However those that save or work most of their lives to have a Harley, that's awesome in my books!!! let's admit it metric riders if your reading this, in the end you/we always wanted a Harley(for me, it was love at first sight going to the beach with my Family in the 70's and seeing the Bikers rolling by!!!!), and if you want to buy every piece of clothing the MOCO can sell you great!!! JUST don't go about thinking your bad *** because of it(riding a Harley and wearing new HD clothes), or someday you could loose some teeth or worse, outside some dinner or Bar. Just be civilized, act normal and not what you aren't is all I'm sayin. That's all folks.

TTYlater

D

Peace

Last edited by Woweh; 06-24-2011 at 07:13 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-24-2011, 07:06 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by froggyfatboy
is this thread worth reading past the first page ?
hell no

Old 06-24-2011, 07:22 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I love these type of threads.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:58 PM
mtinner
Road Master

This thread is mostly about a lot of bullshit from all sides. I'm getting a headache, please keep it down.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:07 PM
canadiancruiser
Intermediate

got my bike from my afghan tour overseas fools suck it. Thank you Government! only had to drive a Light Armoured Vehicle for 8 months an dodge IED's so yeah you could say I ****in earned my bike.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:25 PM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

As long as you don't infringe on my rights, I give to ***** what someone else does in their pursuit of happiness.

It is human nature to try and categorize people. The reality is most of us won't fit neatly in the biker or poser categories. Everyone needs to worry about themselves and stop judging. If you are worried about someone else tarnishing what your definition of a biker is, you need to get over yourself. No body owns "biker culture". Stop overestimating your importance in world.

Last edited by Shaved Ice; 06-24-2011 at 09:29 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-24-2011, 08:29 PM
Wild Card
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cromagnon
Hey Wild Card ... where in the hell did you get that picture of my girlfriend that you are using as your avatar?

would this be the wrong time to say, just pror to me bending her over?

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??