The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 03:29 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Didn't get all the way through the 25 pages of BS just yet ... but had to interrupt this program to say: LMFAO ... this is freakin' hilarious ...!

Originally Posted by jdunn01
Man I can’t believe this ****! Here we were the other day all hanging out at the 19th hole of country club on our brand new Harley s polished to a tee, sporting our brand new leathers without any scuffs on it. Wearing our Harley Chino’s, new Harley golf shoes and Harley Golf shirts and drinking ice tea with our pinky in the air (LOL). We were discussing how successful we have become that we can now afford to enjoy a few hours of freedom each week from the pressures of being successful and the trappings that come with that (Mortgage, car payment, college tuition for the kids, etc) with our helmeted heads in the wind being “real bikers”. ( being all safe and all since we just passed our motorcycle safety class).
Along comes some scruffy, fat, drunk wannabe “biker” dressed in tattered leather with all these ugly patches ( for god sakes he even had a 1% patch that must have been used to call out his bike as the 1% of bikes on the road that don’t look like they just came off the show room floor), ripped up jeans, bugs in his ZZ Top beard and riding the oldest, dirtiest, rusted up POS Harley we “real riders” have ever seen. Looked like he just appeared out of scene from Easy Rider (hey dude Jack wants his look back)
I mean can you believe the gall of someone who would tarnish our image of the “real bikers” that we have become? We couldn’t let this happen! After all who the hell did he think he was showing up at our club house not dressed like we were or wearing the same line of clothing! Unbelievable!
We decided that in order to preserve the life style we had so recently adopted we were going to have to do something about this wannabe.
Biff, Prescott, Ellington and I marched right out into the parking lot to have a “talk” with this numskull. As we approached he jumped off his bike and started cursing (I know I can’t believe it either as we were in the country club parking lot after all) like a sailor and pulled a chain and a knife out and started chasing Prescott around the parking lot. Well this was big mistake because Prescott used to run track in high school and this guy obviously had not exercised I some time (I mean he had a beer belly for Christ sakes). Prescott skipped along just out of reach and led him on a wild goose chase around the back of the club house. Once they were out of site Biff and Ellington went to work on the guys “bike”. Biff pulled out his brand new Bike Bright Blue Polishing kit while Ellington went to working washing and scrubbing the filth off the bike. After a total of 10 minutes we had transformed his bike into a showroom quality machine that we could proudly park next to ours. Just about then Prescott came skipping by with the “biker” out of breath and staggering badly behind him. As Prescott passed by the bike we heard the most blood curdling sound come out of the “biker” as he feel to his knees screaming and crying something about “real bikers”. As he rolled over to his back sobbing, Ellington hit him with hose (the water silly) and Biff went to work on his beard trimming it down to neat looking Van Dyke. At this point the “biker” had been reduced to sobbing although clean mess. Not to be outdone by my brethren I dashed into the club house and quickly purchased a striking canary yellow Harley polo shirt to replace the reprehensible and greased stained Sturgis tee the “biker” was wearing. Once the “biker” had recovered enough to placed back on his ride we kicked him out of parking lot with a stern warning not to return until he could represent the true “real
biker” properly.
... and now back to your regularly scheduled mental masturbation ....

Old 06-24-2011, 03:30 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,867 Likes on 1,019 Posts

Originally Posted by cromagnon
I'm not a big fan of Al Gore. If you look up the history of this guy ... he was a geek wannabee long before anyone heard of him. I say wannabee because he never invented ****. But he did this ... in 1978 he wrote a paper as some Jr. senator or something about the future of networked infrastructure. In the 80's he pestered his fellow congressman and sentators so much that they could not take it anymore and they finally passed his bill to get the internet as we know it built. George HW Bush thought it was a good idea and signed the thing. It would of happened anyway .. he just got it done quicker.

Sorry for the hijack

Back to the real pressing issue: Posers
I am fairly certain every one knows that he didn't invent the internet. I know for sure because I have participated in "federal war games" as a computer and terrorism finance guru at Stanford that actually had a few of the guys who invented the internet.

I just like making fun of the guy.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Sprtstr1200
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you say this:
Originally Posted by RoaringRigid
I do also agree that anyone seeking someone else's approval is going to fail.

And this:
And personally I think we should all care more about that and accept that as a good thing instead of trying so hard to put ourselves in to one group or another.

But then you spend 7 paragraphs explaining how you grew up around bikes and your uncles are 1%ers, you wrench your own bikes, ride everyday and are covered in tats to somehow justify how you are a real biker in order to categorize yourself into that “group” and appearing to need the approval of all of us wannabe internet bikers?

If you really believe this:

And I still don't give a damn what anyone thinks about me.

Then why give us your life story explaining how you’re so much more biker then everyone else here?

Old 06-24-2011, 03:32 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
Didn't get all the way through the 25 pages of BS just yet ... but had to interrupt this program to say: LMFAO ... this is freakin' hilarious ...!

... and now back to your regularly scheduled mental masturbation ....

now you did it... next thread will be who is a real masturbator or not.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:33 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Roaring Rigid
If everything you said is true, you are way different from the people being ridiculed here. Not sure why you'd want to defend them, but OK...whatever floats your boat.
I still reserve the right to dislike those who seek instant street cred just because they own a harley.
Most of them don't know or care about the history, traditions or even learning to ride well. For them it is all about how they are seen and perceived.
That is why I have farmore respect for old timers that have paid the dues or even "lesser brand" riders who simply love the riding and could care less about the status.
That is why I don't think of myself as a "biker" either. I just happen to be a motorcycle enthusiast, who loves to ride, wrench on old bikes and sometimes push them to the point they were never designed for. Being a harley rider for me is incidental, but I like them (sometimes not sure why) as they are a part of the era I grew up in and miss.
The cool factor of harley chopper or club-style custom is completely lost on the new bikers as well as personality, traits and traditions of the "old school biker trash" . Too bad for them. I'm glad though, that there is another generation of young kids coming up chopping up Sporties and resurecting old traditional choppers. I see them as silver lining.

Last edited by alkay191; 06-24-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:46 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sprtstr1200
So you say this:

And this:

But then you spend 7 paragraphs explaining how you grew up around bikes and your uncles are 1%ers, you wrench your own bikes, ride everyday and are covered in tats to somehow justify how you are a real biker in order to categorize yourself into that “group” and appearing to need the approval of all of us wannabe internet bikers?

If you really believe this:

Then why give us your life story explaining how you’re so much more biker then everyone else here?
I am just explaining where I am coming from, so some knucklehead doesn't come up behind me and try desperately to pick apart WTF I have just said because they think they have a point and have clearly missed mine.

Don't like what I am saying tune me the F out but just don't bore me with arguing over it.I never said I was a biker. My entire point is how incredibly pathetic it is to sit here wondering who is a real biker or not. Pretty simple.

You have this mistaken belief that I need your approval or that I need to be seen as a biker. I said I don't give a **** what people think about me. And that includes you.

Don't want to read my story or see where I am coming from, **** off and move to the next thread or next reply. Simple

If you need to have the title biker good for you. I don't. I am a man I don't need some word to prop me up. You are a biker, I am a man now that we have that cleared up you can either choose to ignore me or not, like me or not, agree with me or not. I simply don't care. Just don't bore me.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:51 PM
Wild Card
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

THe BS section, 18pages of it.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:59 PM
Sprtstr1200
Road Captain

I am just explaining where I am coming from, so some knucklehead doesn't come up behind me and try desperately to pick apart WTF I have just said because they think they have a point and have clearly missed mine.

Don't like what I am saying tune me the F out but just don't bore me with arguing over it.I never said I was a biker. My entire point is how incredibly pathetic it is to sit here wondering who is a real biker or not. Pretty simple.

You have this mistaken belief that I need your approval or that I need to be seen as a biker. I said I don't give a **** what people think about me. And that includes you.

Don't want to read my story or see where I am coming from, **** off and move to the next thread or next reply. Simple

If you need to have the title biker good for you. I don't. I am a man I don't need some word to prop me up. You are a biker, I am a man now that we have that cleared up you can either choose to ignore me or not, like me or not, agree with me or not. I simply don't care. Just don't bore me.
LMAO! I think I hit a nerve. Might need some thicker skin if you're gonna post in these theads or go check out the HDF Tech forums where you can share yours and your grandads vast knowledge of wrenching your bike.

C'mon Marine, you make it too easy to get you all riled up.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:05 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by alkay191
Roaring Rigid
If everything you said is true, you are way different from the people being ridiculed here. Not sure why you'd want to defend them, but OK...whatever floats your boat.
I still reserve the right to dislike those who seek instant street cred just because they own a harley.
Most of them don't know or care about the history, traditions or even learning to ride well. For them it is all about how they are seen and perceived.
That is why I have farmore respect for old timers that have paid the dues or even "lesser brand" riders who simply love the riding and could care less about the status.
That is why I don't think of myself as a "biker" either. I just happen to be a motorcycle enthusiast, who loves to ride, wrench on old bikes and sometimes push them to the point they were never designed for. Being a harley rider for me is incidental, but I like them (sometimes not sure why) as they are a part of the era I grew up in and miss.
The cool factor of harley chopper or club-style custom is completely lost on the new bikers as well as personality, traits and traditions of the "old school biker trash" . Too bad for them. I'm glad though, that there is another generation of young kids coming up chopping up Sporties and resurecting old traditional choppers. I see them as silver lining.
Friend, I am not defending them, I am simply saying that in this country if they want to dress up like country western singers, rodeo clowns, bikers or whatever who cares? There is room for those people and room for us. They aren't trying to offend anyone and as they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Trust me I am not a peacenik of the oh can't we all get along Sally club. I just think that we should understand there is some benefit to those of us that happen to care more about riding than others.

I understand what you are saying and where you are coming from and I respect your comments on this and I know I'll not convince you to see it my way. I just ask the same from you and so far you have.

My whole gig and what I was trying to explain is I have seen two sides of the lifestyle one I emulate or try to emulate and one I don't. Ultimately it doesn't matter to me what others think about me. I can't change that and don't have the time to worry about it.

I just happened to run across this thread on a slow day at work waiting for someone to get done with a project so I can kick my folks loose early. So I have probably spent too much time "not caring."

I would just hope that we are able to recognize that if we are going to get in to who is a biker and who isn't that one of the best things at least to me about Harleys is that I can be what I want because that is freedom.

I just seem them looking at someone like you or whomever and saying hey for 6 hours today THAT is what I want to be. No harm no foul in my book.

I guess I am doing a shitty job at it but I am not defending them just saying so what there is plenty of room for all of them and us and those guys over there too.

On the other hand if they said hey I want to be like him (me) I'd suggest they be committed to an institution and evaluated.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:22 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Friend, I am not defending them, I am simply saying that in this country if they want to dress up like country western singers, rodeo clowns, bikers or whatever who cares? There is room for those people and room for us. They aren't trying to offend anyone and as they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
I guess we're all going around in circles around the same thing. They have the right to dress and act any way they please and we , whoever WE are , have the right to ridicule or point and laugh.
Some of us are more "prickly" than others...
One thing I come to realize for myself, after reading page after page of this , is that its much easier to spot a "not biker" than define what a "biker" is.
In any case, this is entertaining. I'm glad I have a job that allows me to sit here for hours on end and read this.
Thank you, Darwin !!!

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??