The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 01:44 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoaringRigid
I think more folks should worry about whether or not they are a real man or a real woman with honor, pride, guts and integrity. Whether or not they are doing their best to take care of their friends and family. That is what matters in life.
you'd think that would be more important than dressing up like models they saw in harley fashion catalog, but it isn't ....

oh, please quit ruining good threads with common sense.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:49 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

If you are worried about who is a biker or not you are not a biker. Bikers don't worry about sh!+ like this and they damn sure don't need to ask this question or prove that they are. Because they don't care who is a biker or not.
this is one place I think you missed the point.
for the most part some of us that have seen a better place in "biker history" are amused and entertained by those who just jumped in and are desperately seeking approval.

Old 06-24-2011, 02:11 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

ROFLMAO! 25 pages, really? Am I a poser? Yep, I guess so. I still love riding my bike. Ride on!

Old 06-24-2011, 02:16 PM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by fast2live
He prolly thought we would just surf ****.
I'm not a big fan of Al Gore. If you look up the history of this guy ... he was a geek wannabee long before anyone heard of him. I say wannabee because he never invented ****. But he did this ... in 1978 he wrote a paper as some Jr. senator or something about the future of networked infrastructure. In the 80's he pestered his fellow congressman and sentators so much that they could not take it anymore and they finally passed his bill to get the internet as we know it built. George HW Bush thought it was a good idea and signed the thing. It would of happened anyway .. he just got it done quicker.

Sorry for the hijack

Back to the real pressing issue: Posers

Old 06-24-2011, 02:37 PM
Dilemma
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

25 pages, really
No, not really. I got seven pages.

Internet nOOb. You poser surfer you. I bet you got the latest Pentium chip in that shiny new Dell dont you?

Old 06-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Dilemma
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Al Gore
Al Gore? I wanna kick him in the vagina for his wife's behavior regarding the music censorship bullshit she was involved in.

Old 06-24-2011, 02:48 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I don't know about you guys but I just got my new gold American Express card so I am heading to the dealer to get me some new leathers and boots & doo rag & shades....then I am going down to the courthouse and having my name changed to Jax......

Old 06-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Sprtstr1200
Road Captain

If you get on a computer log in to the internet and use it to argue about who is a biker or not or to point out who is a biker or not, I GUARANTEE you are not a biker.

Hell most of the bikers I grew up with hanging around the house or my grandfather's shop and who are still alive have never logged on to the internet. They probably can't even spell internet or 90% of the words used in this thread. They sure as hell can't type. Definitely number 2 pencil type of people, God love em.
So....by your definition, to be a "biker", you have to be old, uneducated, unemployed and illiterate?

LOL Whatever.

I guess I don't need to be labeled a "Biker" anyways....I'm a patch holder. (That's right, I'm stirring the pot)

Last edited by Sprtstr1200; 10-10-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:57 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,867 Likes on 1,019 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
this is one place I think you missed the point.
for the most part some of us that have seen a better place in "biker history" are amused and entertained by those who just jumped in and are desperately seeking approval.
Sir, I absolutely do get it. I do also agree that anyone seeking someone else's approval is going to fail. I know A LOT about the whole history of HD. My grandfather and his father were both privateers racing flat tracks and hill climbs. I have trophies my great grandfather won, the earliest going back to 1910. They rode their bikes from race to race changed the wheels and raced. They lived basically like hobos until the 1930s. When he finally had a family he stopped racing full time and opened up a shop. Most of my uncles are part of a 1%er club. I love my uncles but some of the bullshit they throw out doesn't pass the smell test to me and I tell them that. but they chose their lives and are happy with it. So I am too.

I'll say this and leave that topic. I see nothing honorable about doing things that get you arrested and leave your wife and kids to fend for themselves while you are doing time. And all 3 have been part of the BHC at one time or another.

I am much more like my grandfather than my uncles, his sons and I can't think of someone that is more of a "biker" than my gramps was. To him a Harley was a mode of transportation, a way to make money, a necessity. He wasn't crazy about 1%ers. And he was around when the AMA made the comment.

One of the last things my gramps did was give me his 69FL when I turned 16. That bike needed work and I was all too happy to do it. I started off as a newbie in 81 at 16, went through the long haired wild eyed southern boy scooter trash phase until I joined the USMC. Continued to own Harleys of one flavor or another (never newer than a shovelhead). Went to University, became an executive some yrs later and now I am a suit and tie wearing guy who rides his Harley to work every day rain or shine. I have tats all over me but none you can see while in my corporate gear.

I probably look like the embodiment of a RUB but I have probably spent more miles in the saddle, spent more time wrenching on them than 70% of those who consider themselves hard core do or die bikers.

And for the record I don't think being a 1%er is what makes you a real biker. It makes you someone that does your thing AND happens to ride a Harley.

I enjoy the idea that Harley Davidson motorcycles are today enjoyed by a very wide variety of people. I know my grandfather and my great grandfather would be very proud of that. And personally I think we should all care more about that and accept that as a good thing instead of trying so hard to put ourselves in to one group or another.

At the end of the day freedom is what it is all about and I think any driving down the road on a motorcycle certainly understands the freedom of it.

And I still don't give a damn what anyone thinks about me.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:23 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,867 Likes on 1,019 Posts

Originally Posted by Sprtstr1200
So....by your definition, to be a "biker", you have to be old, uneducated, unemployed and illiterate?

I guess the conversation I had a few weeks back with a 1%er about which tablet PC was a better choice makes me and him both just posers. LOL Whatever.

I guess I don't need to be labeled a "Biker" anyways....I'm a patch holder. (That's right, I'm stirring the pot)
You missed my entire point. I don't know you. If you consider yourself a real biker man that is peachy freakin keen with me. I don't care.

I see you have a USMC sigline. I am more proud of that as a fellow Marine than being a patch holder. Walking across that parade deck is/was a better achievement at least it was for me. After 16 yrs as a Marine getting f'd up enough to require 9 surgeries to put me back together again. Personally after becoming a Marine I would never go through a real trial as a prospect. I have proven my esprit de corps in the extreme. I have proven I will stand the ground with a "brother" and not give an inch if it comes to that. But more power to you.

I have nothing against MCs grew up around one shared their heartaches and good times and saw what that part of my family goes through. That is a choice and part of the freedom we enjoy.

But being a 1%er will never be my bag. Even though it seems most clubs now make more money selling T shirts, stickers and hosting runs, lawsuits over copyright than in illegal enterprises. Meaning that I can totally appreciate the economic success of that venture. Much safer than say stealing bikes or selling meth.

People were knee deep in the lifestyle of HD long before (decades) anyone figured out how to sew on patches. So I don't necessarily buy in to the being a patch holder means you are a biker or maybe it does I don't know, don't care.

Maybe it is because being a Marine, a honorable man, and husband are what is important to me to the point I don't care what someone thinks about me. I know what I am and those who matter to me know what I am.

Every one else can see fit to throw whatever label on me that they want with caution.

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??