The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 11:34 AM
fuzzy_math
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchman
That girl has more grit then a million of these stock brokers in their overpriced high viz gear, their full face helmets and their HD brand mesh jackets.
Hey frenchman, I live a couple blocks from the dominant 1% clubhouse and they're riding with black ff helmets with blacked out shields and it's got me pretty confused!!

Old 06-24-2011, 12:10 PM
Dilemma
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like dating strippers. My last date was a patch (Monkey) wearing pole dancer who never wore a helmet during sex.

She was a real bad ***.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:30 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,867 Likes on 1,019 Posts

It is kind of entertaining to see how worried folks here are about other people and what they do. Every other thread seems to be a reaffirmation of I am a real biker and to prove it, I have noticed that this so and so has done this or wears that and by calling attention to it I am showing the world I know better.

If it bothers the OP or anyone else walk over tell them it bothers you and why and then spit on their tri-cycle and walk off in to the sunset.

I wonder if when Al Gore was busy inventing the internet he realized that it would be used like this.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:36 PM
fast2live
Tourer

Originally Posted by RoaringRigid
It is kind of entertaining to see how worried folks here are about other people and what they do. Every other thread seems to be a reaffirmation of I am a real biker and to prove it, I have noticed that this so and so has done this or wears that and by calling attention to it I am showing the world I know better.

If it bothers the OP or anyone else walk over tell them it bothers you and why and then spit on their tri-cycle and walk off in to the sunset.

I wonder if when Al Gore was busy inventing the internet he realized that it would be used like this.
He prolly thought we would just surf ****.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:39 PM
fast2live
Tourer

Originally Posted by fuzzy_math
Hey frenchman, I live a couple blocks from the dominant 1% clubhouse and they're riding with black ff helmets with blacked out shields and it's got me pretty confused!!
Betting its harder for the cops to ID you in a FF....why make it easy?

Last edited by fast2live; 06-24-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:52 PM
JohnT
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

But that's the Harley marketing promise, isn't it??

Old 06-24-2011, 01:23 PM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchman
We used to gather in places like Sturgis, Daytona and Laconia. Then, in the 90ies, something changed. The lawyers and clean cut cubicle monkeys started showing up, and there were more and more every year. They transformed the bike weeks into family events, showing up with their trailers, their RVs and their little spoiled brats. The old hardcore people couldn't even find each other anymore, because the whole thing became huge, and with those clowns came the greedy vendors and all those people who just wanted what's in your wallet.
Frenchy ... was wondering if you tried this one: http://www.eastcoaststurgis.com/
Yeah some people do show up in RV's with trailers but this thing is old timey. Not a family friendly event at all. Of course everyone carries a cell phone and digital camera, can't escape technology on this planet. If you have'nt gone, maybe it will take you back a bit to days of old. Hardly a cop seen anywhere during this event.

And like somebody said earlier, "posers" buy new motorcycles and keep the used market supplied with decent low mileage bikes. We all benefit from that. You got to admit .. when you see an obvious poser, it can be quite funny. I work as a computer tech and ride my motorcycle every day. Sometimes I don't change into my more "biker" attire when I ride home. Kind of look like a dork sometimes which I guess is a bad as looking like a poser. But why does anyone give a **** anyways.

Last edited by cromagnon; 06-24-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:27 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by bjewell
See that's why I like Frenchie here. He speaks the truth. Those types he talks about are like f0cking kudzu these parts. Sorta like that slugbait over on the main thread who got something like 350 replies on why people dress in Harley gear. There's a whole sub-culture that is absolutely clueless about what riding a Harley in the '60s or even '70s was like. And a lot of the sons of bitches are mean little twerps to boot.

The new Harley wave? I don't...

All repect, frenchman...
Do you guys realize how hilarious it is to have people on the internet of all places arguing about who is a real biker or not. By doing that and really caring, you almost by law exclude yourself from the title of "biker".

Let's just settle this once and for all so we can move on from the goofiness of who is a biker and who isn't.

If you get on a computer log in to the internet and use it to argue about who is a biker or not or to point out who is a biker or not, I GUARANTEE you are not a biker.

Hell most of the bikers I grew up with hanging around the house or my grandfather's shop and who are still alive have never logged on to the internet. They probably can't even spell internet or 90% of the words used in this thread. They sure as hell can't type. Definitely number 2 pencil type of people, God love em.

If you are worried about who is a biker or not you are not a biker. Bikers don't worry about sh!+ like this and they damn sure don't need to ask this question or prove that they are. Because they don't care who is a biker or not.

I don't care what you call yourself, I don't care what your job is or how much money you make or what percentage of the HD store you are wearing on your body. If you say you are a biker, I'll take your word for it because basically I don't care if you are or aren't. There is no benefit or upside to it. You don't get a special stipend from the gov't, you don't get preferred parking so there is no reason to commit a fraud by calling yourself a biker. So if you think you are then you are.

Your salary, whether you have facial hair or not, whether you have greasy finger nails or wear a suit to work, whether you are a badass or a *****, none of that matters and none of that makes you a biker or excludes you from it.

I think more folks should worry about whether or not they are a real man or a real woman with honor, pride, guts and integrity. Whether or not they are doing their best to take care of their friends and family. That is what matters in life.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:29 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by fast2live
He prolly thought we would just surf ****.

Well that is one of the more important uses of the internet.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:38 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Wingnut51
Wow, I haven't run into cliques like this since I was in high school. We had the jocks and the greasers and the nerds (I'm not sure they were called nerds in the 60s) but on this forum I'm seeing the "posers" and the "bikers". That might have been important to me in high school but who really gives a s**t these days? I see from the responses that a lot of us have outgrown those labels but it seems like there are many forum members who maybe are fresh out of school and those cliques and labels are still important to them.

Don't worry kiddies, you'll grow up someday and find out that this kind of name-calling crap doesn't amount to anything. But until then, I'm really enjoying the entertainment you're bringing to the forum.
Amen...

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??