The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 09:35 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by hotrod6779
Who gives a damn! All the real bikers of the 60s and 70s are dead or in old folks homes, because the generations beyond them have major entitlement issues. Really want to know where you stand? How many of you have had your hair highlighted at some point in you life!
What hair???

Old 02-13-2012, 10:02 PM
glock221
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 09FLHT
That'll buf out.
Nice, that wagon will be running in no time.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:01 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by krwould
What hair???
You still have some it's just growing out your ears and down your back that all

Old 02-14-2012, 06:18 PM
TwoWhldTerror
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ypcat
I'm new too.

Even if you're new buying a HD is the right/only choice in my opinion, and just because you're a new rider on an HD doesn't automatically make you a poser, and people will know the difference. The main beef here is about posers mostly and that's not you because you're not trying to be something you're not - imo.
Got it, but to be clear I am neither new to riding or owning motorcycles. Have ridden sportbikes, raced for a year, and even owned a metric cruiser. My current ride is a 2006 Yamaha FJR that will NEVER leave my stable except to upgrade to a newer model. It is my touring bike of choice.

I am looking more for a boulevard cruiser from the HD, and it will sit alongside the FJR, and hopefully a BMW 1200GS in the garage.

Like I said, I am a motorcyclist and love to ride all things two-wheeled.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:17 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
You still have some it's just growing out your ears and down your back that all
Still ain't never highlighted em....

Old 02-14-2012, 09:20 PM
The88Beast04
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the posers then provide well maintained low mileage used bikes for the rest of us. they are a very important part of the supply chain. accept them for what they are--some of them will even become bikers!
LOL very true, and hopefully

Well then you need to get a f***ing life and quit worrying about what "someone" else does.
it's always good to keep to one's self and mind one's own business.

Maybe the guy has taken his motorcycle course, obtained his endorsement and has finally reached a level in his life where he can afford what he's always wanted, possibly even saved enough to avoid the finance charges. Maybe he didn't have any gear, because he's never had a bike. Maybe he can finally live the dream and be able to ride down the road with the biggest grin on his face he's ever had.
That's me right now, fortunately at 25yrs young. I started saving at 22. I think I worked long and hard and definitely earned my Softail :-) I have a huge grin on my face whenever I'm on my bike. I was inspired by my bud who started riding at 40 and said if there's one thing he wished he'd done, it's started riding sooner!

Old 02-14-2012, 11:10 PM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by The88Beast04

That's me right now, fortunately at 25yrs young. I started saving at 22. I think I worked long and hard and definitely earned my Softail :-) I have a huge grin on my face whenever I'm on my bike. I was inspired by my bud who started riding at 40 and said if there's one thing he wished he'd done, it's started riding sooner!
Enjoy the **** outta the new scoot man. Remember: 'Ride Hard Die Fast'

Old 02-15-2012, 06:51 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

The old saying was "Ride Hard, Die Young, and leave a good-looking corpse."

Old 02-15-2012, 08:33 AM
Zuul
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default It's never too late to have a second childhood

I'm heading to 50 now and just started riding street bikes last year with my first HD. I wasn't sure I was going to like it so I hedged my bet and bought a used bike rather than new; I figured I can always sell it if I discover I hate riding.

I was not prepared for how it felt, or how much I utterly loved it. I put almost 20k on it in half a Canadian (short) summer just doing short range cruising and rode every day I could. I tried riding with the local MC but it was just too boring and I needed the freedom of riding where I wanted so I ride alone (+1 with the wife usually), but I feel elated when I'm on the bike.

I try to tell my friends about it. Have you ever tried to explain a feeling to someone? It's impossible, which is why I like these forums so much; you all get it.

The worst thing of all is that I waited this long in life. If I could go back I would own a bike from the first day I could. I'm positive that as long as my health will allow it, I will be riding almost every chance I can; my wife is just getting used to that idea. Probably the best thing that has happened to me since she came along, and she's loving it too - much to her surprise as well.

Knowing you're 25 and are just starting out somehow makes me truly happy for you. You've gained 23 years of riding that I've lost - but I'm not bitter - I'm still glad to be riding.

See you out there.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:58 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ypcat
I'm heading to 50 now and just started riding street bikes last year with my first HD. I wasn't sure I was going to like it so I hedged my bet and bought a used bike rather than new; I figured I can always sell it if I discover I hate riding.

I was not prepared for how it felt, or how much I utterly loved it. I put almost 20k on it in half a Canadian (short) summer just doing short range cruising and rode every day I could. I tried riding with the local MC but it was just too boring and I needed the freedom of riding where I wanted so I ride alone (+1 with the wife usually), but I feel elated when I'm on the bike.

I try to tell my friends about it. Have you ever tried to explain a feeling to someone? It's impossible, which is why I like these forums so much; you all get it.

The worst thing of all is that I waited this long in life. If I could go back I would own a bike from the first day I could. I'm positive that as long as my health will allow it, I will be riding almost every chance I can; my wife is just getting used to that idea. Probably the best thing that has happened to me since she came along, and she's loving it too - much to her surprise as well.

Knowing you're 25 and are just starting out somehow makes me truly happy for you. You've gained 23 years of riding that I've lost - but I'm not bitter - I'm still glad to be riding.

See you out there.
There is a lesson in that for all those who wait.
"can't afford it, wife won't let me, my kids need me" are just excuses.
Little $3000 Sporty will pay for it self just by getting 50mpg instead of 15 your SUV gets
your kids will love it
and if your wife leaves you because of the bike, you ain't missing much.

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??