The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 12:46 AM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, I couldn't miss the topic by that far even if I'd try really really hard.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:08 AM
fast2live
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just want to thank everyone for the night of entertainment........24 and a wakeup.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:43 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

yeah, this has been quite a day of entertainment !
I hope we can stir this **** soup back up in the morning. G'nite ya'll.

Old 06-24-2011, 02:00 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by moparnut426
Ok, It irritates the crap out of me when someone, 2 people at work, buy a harley, in this case a pair of trikes, and think they are total bad asses. I mean litterly overnight they went from polaris snowmobile riders, and honda quad riders to a "bad *** biker" She even went a got a freekin tattoo on her lower forearm.

And when she hopps on her trike, her elbows go up, her back arches, she lights up a cigarette, and puts on her best bad *** look.

Total posers. Ive been riding bikes all my life, and have been on a harley for a while now, but I havent gone nutso over having a harley. Yes I give the metric guys crap, but they dish it back.

The other day I was in a dealer who had 2 stores, metric, and Harley. This dude came inn litterally wearing a pair of dress shorts, flops, and a golfers polo. Must have had cash cause while I was buying my Ultra he bought a street glide, a leather coat, a bunch of shirts, chaps, gloves, and boots. An overnight transformation.

Im sure he was gearing up for Sturgis, or Algona or something just so his ego could feel warm and fuzzy.

Kind of a rant here, but man I wishthe POSERS would just stick to the leadwings,

Kasey

Brother I've been watching that happen since 1985 and the Willie G explosion , I've seen towns full of instant barney bad asses soon as they got that bike . It isn't an accessory that comes with peeps you need to earn it .

Old 06-24-2011, 02:34 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,651 Likes on 2,536 Posts

First of all--before I rant, I gotta say--NO WAY IN HELL can you be "Badass" on a trike. You're more "Badass" on a Vulcan or a Goldwing than a trike. I'd rather be one of those pickle puffing pole smoking bicycle jerkoffs with the spandex shorts or a scooter dork than ride a trike. I'd buy a metric cruiser & festoon it with "Live to Ride" crap & Willie G stupid skull **** before I'd ride a trike. Hell, I'd ride a ROCKER before I'd ride a trike (OK I lied about THAT one!) A trike says "I can't ride a motorcycle" for whatever reason about the owner. Just like a Prius says "I'm a douchebag" about ITS owner. Now, before you trike owners go & get your skivvies in a snit,let me state,EMPHATICALLY & PAREGORICALLY, that there's absolutely NOTHING wrong or degrading with being physically unable to hold up a bike,but ADMIT IT,dammit, & stop tryin' to be something you aren't or cannot be. Like those fat chicks who call themselves "BBWs" 'cause they refuse to accept the fact that their rotundity is most likely their fault. If I couldn't ride anymore, I'd get a Corvette convertable. **** on a trike for me, but,well, if you like 'em,hell,go ahead & ride one!

Now--as far as yuppies posing bikes--WHY THE MOTHERFRIG DO YOU GIVE A LOAF?? It's their $$, and last time I checked, America was kinda sorta a free country (don't see THAT lasting much longer) Remember Frank Zappa's famous line: SHUT UP & PLAY YUR GUITAR!!

Well--STFU & ride!!

BTW Frenchy--how come no mention of me & my "Pissed off angry mufuh misanthropic hate the world obsessed with feces & sex" posts? I feel slighted!

Last edited by dickey; 06-24-2011 at 03:19 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:52 AM
Steven_Belgium
Advanced

I bought my first Harley in 1991 ( imported an 89 Sportster from the USofA ) and have owned later on a Ducati 907IE, Suzuki TL1000S, Kawasaki Meanstreak, again a Sportster ....and ride now since last year my Bones ( girlfriend has a Streetbob ).

We are both "white" collars, are definitely no "real" bikers, but love to go out on our bikes and yes we do wear some Harley clothing ( which I bought/imported from China as this is really cheap ).

We certainly haven't changed our lifestyle, and definitely don't feel the need to join any kind of club or whatsoever, as we simply like to cruise around just the 2 of us.

I love my Harley, but in the past have also enjoyed my other bikes....so why should a "brand" change my life ??? No way this is gonna happen !

Greets from Brugge_Belgium,

Steven & Karine

Old 06-24-2011, 03:15 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,651 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven_Belgium
I bought my first Harley in 1991 ( imported an 89 Sportster from the USofA ) and have owned later on a Ducati 907IE, Suzuki TL1000S, Kawasaki Meanstreak, again a Sportster ....and ride now since last year my Bones ( girlfriend has a Streetbob ).

We are both "white" collars, are definitely no "real" bikers, but love to go out on our bikes and yes we do wear some Harley clothing ( which I bought/imported from China as this is really cheap ).

We certainly haven't changed our lifestyle, and definitely don't feel the need to join any kind of club or whatsoever, as we simply like to cruise around just the 2 of us.

I love my Harley, but in the past have also enjoyed my other bikes....so why should a "brand" change my life ??? No way this is gonna happen !

Greets from Brugge_Belgium,

Steven & Karine
AND THAT'S ANOTHER THING--Why all these stupid bike names with negative connotations? I mean--Kawasaki "Meanstreak"? How can rice be "mean"? Why is everyone always trying to be "badass"? Why can't they call the bike Kawasaki "nice disposition"? Or Yamaha "Warrior"? Why not Yamaha "Lover"?
Crossbones? Why not Harley FXSTSMF "Smiling face" instead of Crossbones? Why does everything always have to be "BAAAAAD"? Same with these stupid metal bands--Disturbed,Avenged sevenfold,Anthrax.Alice in Chains,etc. Why not "Alice in a Pink Nightie?" Instead of "Disturbed", why not "Happy"? Why don't these douchebag white trash ******** get fluffy bunnies instead of Pitbulls? This crap really pisses me off. Everyone wants to be "Bad". Well, VAFFANCUL "bad"! No wonder the older I get, the pisseder I become.

Last edited by dickey; 06-24-2011 at 03:24 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:54 AM
fast2live
Tourer

Originally Posted by dickey
AND THAT'S ANOTHER THING--Why all these stupid bike names with negative connotations? I mean--Kawasaki "Meanstreak"? How can rice be "mean"? Why is everyone always trying to be "badass"? Why can't they call the bike Kawasaki "nice disposition"? Or Yamaha "Warrior"? Why not Yamaha "Lover"?
Crossbones? Why not Harley FXSTSMF "Smiling face" instead of Crossbones? Why does everything always have to be "BAAAAAD"? Same with these stupid metal bands--Disturbed,Avenged sevenfold,Anthrax.Alice in Chains,etc. Why not "Alice in a Pink Nightie?" Instead of "Disturbed", why not "Happy"? Why don't these douchebag white trash ******** get fluffy bunnies instead of Pitbulls? This crap really pisses me off. Everyone wants to be "Bad". Well, VAFFANCUL "bad"! No wonder the older I get, the pisseder I become.
Now you have me busting a gut.....i keep picturing a guy washing his bike when his buddy comes over and the conversation goes something like this......Hey Bob did i show you my new Harley Ray Of Sunshine? Yes Jim and thats one happy machine but ill keep my BMW Fuzzy Panda Bear any day of the week.......Hey i can respect that Bob, wanna hug it out?.....Hey look theres Frank working on that old Truimph Vagina. Frank has been working on that Vagina for years and knows it inside and out. You really have to love those old Vaginas because they take a lot of work to keep running right.

Last edited by fast2live; 06-24-2011 at 04:26 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:18 AM
Crex39
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

see it as a spectrum. "biker" on one end "weekend warrior" on the other.
There is a lot of room in between those two though. Every story is unique not every one comes into a Harley, or rides a Harley, by the same means.
True. I don't brand myself. Whatever someone calls me, fine. I cut my teeth partying around my friends' older brothers and their friends. A couple were patch holders, a lot of them rode. They were there for each other, any day or time of night. Bail money (as long as someone was sober enough to walk into the police station.), a pick up at the hospital after a wreck, buying the beer if someone was temporarirly out of work. These guys were living the dream. the weekend parties at one guy's property out in the country he bought with settlement money after a cager dragged him down the street under his car almost losing his leg. (it took him a couple of years to rehab enough to ride, but his '65 Electraglide was ready to go when he was thanks to his riding brothers.) The parties were great. Camping out, 40 or 50 people drinking copious amounts of Black Velvet and Black Label. Reefer, girls, and barhopping. They never really messed with anyone, but if someone f'd with one of them, look out. I got my first bike from one of them back in the early 80's, a basket case '68 Sportster. I was ready to roll with them. I got a girl pregnant and they still helped me fix the bike up knowing I had to sell it to pay for her medical expenses. I took a second job bartending at a local watering hole a lot of them hung out at when the child support payments kicked in and my factory job wasn't cutting it. These guys still kept me in the loop even though a wasn't riding. These guys earned my respect, and even though at the time I was no more than a sidewalk commando, they treated me and my daughter like family. I would call them real bikers. Eventually a lot of these guys quit riding, sold their bikes, bought boats, married respectable women, got better jobs and became middle class citizens. A couple drifted out west and still ride, I don't hear much from them, when some of the group tries to meet up now, its just not the same. Kind of sad, but expected. I have been riding now for the last ten years, C.S. paid off, better job= more money to finance my Harley addiction while taking care of my little girl, but would never consider myself a biker by my own standards, having hung with some a couple decades ago. A motorcycle enthusiast maybe. This weekend though packing up the Electraglide, and the wife's Sporty, and heading to a rally to sit in the rain, pass out beads, and knock down a few beers out at Thunder in the Cascades. Who knows, maybe I will meet some real bikers there.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:12 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchman
You don't need to start a new thread about it. I like the drink and punch part. That's more like what I'm talking about, if you know what I mean.
Dude your making me proud , got a nice **** storm rolling and I didn't start it this time . WooHoo

Most these people have me solidly on the ignore list already .

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??