The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 11:20 AM
09FLHT
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tiretronix
I hope #1 is not copyrighted because I will use that at my next opportunity.
How old are you? That saying has been around for a long time. By my figuring you must be about 113 years old to not know what that means.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:51 AM
tiretronix
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 09FLHT
How old are you? That saying has been around for a long time. By my figuring you must be about 113 years old to not know what that means.
I think my profile shows my age and yes, some old sayings may be out there that I haven't heard yet. That being one of them. Just for grins, how did you come up with 113 years when that saying got started ?

Old 02-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Zuul
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Do it to it

I'm new too.

I bought an RKC so my wife and I could be comfortable and I could go camping on it etc. I refuse to turn into a walking HD billboard or an overnight poser bad ***, but to be honest I'm already a bit of a bad *** - I just didn't have a bike before...

Even if you're new buying a HD is the right/only choice in my opinion, and just because you're a new rider on an HD doesn't automatically make you a poser, and people will know the difference. The main beef here is about posers mostly and that's not you because you're not trying to be something you're not - imo.

Originally Posted by TwoWhldTerror
Well I have not read all 206 pages but I did skim it...and I must admit that the title of this thread is something that has kept me in the past from considering a Harley. I say this not because I do not like the bikes, or the people that ride them (I do like both, at least those that I have met) but so darn many get an HD and suddenly stickers, t-shirts, belts, blankets, hell even themselves on occasion as spring up everywhere. I am a motorcyclist first, and what I ride is dependent on my budget and the type of riding I do. My ride does not define me, I define it.

With all of that said, I am now a bit older, wiser (well OK that is a stretch), and am looking at an HD because it is what *I* want...though I will be ATGATT with a full face helmet so I know I will still stand out, but hey it is my ride, right?

Old 02-12-2012, 01:04 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ypcat
I'm new too.

I bought an RKC so my wife and I could be comfortable and I could go camping on it etc. I refuse to turn into a walking HD billboard or an overnight poser bad ***, but to be honest I'm already a bit of a bad *** - I just didn't have a bike before...

Even if you're new buying a HD is the right/only choice in my opinion, and just because you're a new rider on an HD doesn't automatically make you a poser, and people will know the difference. The main beef here is about posers mostly and that's not you because you're not trying to be something you're not - imo.

its not the brand of the first bike, but the size I question.
I strongly believe that smaller bike is best for learning. I also question riding with passengers or in groups. get a couple thousand miles under your belt before taking other peoples lives in your hands.

Old 02-12-2012, 01:22 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
its not the brand of the first bike, but the size I question.
I strongly believe that smaller bike is best for learning. I also question riding with passengers or in groups. get a couple thousand miles under your belt before taking other peoples lives in your hands.
I have to agree with this , what we used to tell new never ridden a bike before peeps was buy a cheap small import of some kind . When you had finally knocked all the turn signals off and ripped all the knees out your jeans it you where ready to step to something larger . You'd be very surprised often the turn signal part turned out to be true .

Old 02-12-2012, 01:32 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
I have to agree with this , what we used to tell new never ridden a bike before peeps was buy a cheap small import of some kind . When you had finally knocked all the turn signals off and ripped all the knees out your jeans it you where ready to step to something larger . You'd be very surprised often the turn signal part turned out to be true .
'69 Elsinor 250 dual-sport
bought in SC in '71

Old 02-12-2012, 01:47 PM
09FLHT
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tiretronix
I think my profile shows my age and yes, some old sayings may be out there that I haven't heard yet. That being one of them. Just for grins, how did you come up with 113 years when that saying got started ?
No, the saying isnt 113, you are 113. the saying is 60 or so
years old. So you were already old when the saying was started.
Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Thats why the jap bikes used to have rubber mounted signals. I still managed to break a few of em off.

Old 02-12-2012, 01:58 PM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadancer
Originally Posted by Quadancer
So if you leave Germany they will rescind the law...?

So maybe if you didn't hate helmets there wouldn't BE a law...?
lol! I donno man. I hate helmets & we ain't got no law here. Maybe if I didn't hate'em there WOULD be a law.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:01 PM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlackPharoah
Helmets suck moose *****...
Yeah what BP said.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:06 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also find interesting that people who want to ride get the bike they can afford and RIDE it, instead of waiting 20 years till they can "afford" to be a biker.

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??