The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 11:35 PM
TwoWhldTerror
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I have not read all 206 pages but I did skim it...and I must admit that the title of this thread is something that has kept me in the past from considering a Harley. I say this not because I do not like the bikes, or the people that ride them (I do like both, at least those that I have met) but so darn many get an HD and suddenly stickers, t-shirts, belts, blankets, hell even themselves on occasion as spring up everywhere. I am a motorcyclist first, and what I ride is dependent on my budget and the type of riding I do. My ride does not define me, I define it.

With all of that said, I am now a bit older, wiser (well OK that is a stretch), and am looking at an HD because it is what *I* want...though I will be ATGATT with a full face helmet so I know I will still stand out, but hey it is my ride, right?

Old 02-12-2012, 12:14 AM
tiretronix
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alkay191
really? you thought I was baiting him about HOG?
and decided to chime in and ****-block??
yes really but maybe didn't understand your meaning
funny as in ha ha
not sure what a ****-block is though. Just not into the whole HOG thing, but have friends that are

Wasn't meant to offend, so get over it or we can go one more round. I'm almost out of Jim Beam, then I'm carrying my old *** to bed.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:40 AM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Dealership loves those customers.....$450 for a 500-mile check-up...Those fees fund the $250,000 Top-Fuel drag bike(s) without sponsors!!

Old 02-12-2012, 12:54 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoWhldTerror
Well I have not read all 206 pages but I did skim it...and I must admit that the title of this thread is something that has kept me in the past from considering a Harley. I say this not because I do not like the bikes, or the people that ride them (I do like both, at least those that I have met) but so darn many get an HD and suddenly stickers, t-shirts, belts, blankets, hell even themselves on occasion as spring up everywhere. I am a motorcyclist first, and what I ride is dependent on my budget and the type of riding I do. My ride does not define me, I define it.

With all of that said, I am now a bit older, wiser (well OK that is a stretch), and am looking at an HD because it is what *I* want...though I will be ATGATT with a full face helmet so I know I will still stand out, but hey it is my ride, right?
yep, your ride and your right to do anything you wish.
good luck, ride safe

Old 02-12-2012, 12:58 AM
firefighter616
Club Member

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
My giggles for the night , thanks guys
I was in tears for 20min
begged him to stop, could hear his OL laughing in the background

Old 02-12-2012, 01:04 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by tiretronix
yes really but maybe didn't understand your meaning
funny as in ha ha
not sure what a ****-block is though. Just not into the whole HOG thing, but have friends that are

Wasn't meant to offend, so get over it or we can go one more round. I'm almost out of Jim Beam, then I'm carrying my old *** to bed.
1)
"****-block" is when you're just about to score with some hottie in a bar, when your buddy walks up, hands you his phone right in front of her and sais "call your wife ASAP, her water broke"
2)
I don't really give a **** about HOG. not my thing, but more power to them
3)
I was baiting him because I want to know on what planet is it a good idea to get 800# Ultra as your first bike, put your loved one on the back and go riding with perfect strangers, who are probably just as inexperienced
4)
don't worry, I'm not offended. you just spoiled a joke. thats all

Old 02-12-2012, 01:31 AM
ManicKernel
Cruiser

What's the plural of Moose?

Old 02-12-2012, 01:32 AM
firefighter616
Club Member

meeses

Old 02-12-2012, 02:10 AM
Drilln'Boss
Club Member
Veteran: Army
Received 7,033 Likes on 2,050 Posts

I hate meeses to pieces, when I'm ridn'.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:28 AM
tiretronix
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alkay191
1)
"****-block" is when you're just about to score with some hottie in a bar, when your buddy walks up, hands you his phone right in front of her and sais "call your wife ASAP, her water broke"
2)
I don't really give a **** about HOG. not my thing, but more power to them
3)
I was baiting him because I want to know on what planet is it a good idea to get 800# Ultra as your first bike, put your loved one on the back and go riding with perfect strangers, who are probably just as inexperienced
4)
don't worry, I'm not offended. you just spoiled a joke. thats all
Sometimes my mind is a little slow or maybe Jim Beam. I hope #1 is not copyrighted because I will use that at my next opportunity. #2 and 3 was my understanding of your post and I thought it was funny as hell, but totally agree. #4 Sorry, not intentional. If we ever cross paths you gotta drink on me coming.

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??